Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E3 2009
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Misc. Discussions > Electronic Entertainment
Ctodd
E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) is this Monday and I was just wondering if anyone else here pays attention to it.

If you don't already know, E3 is where all the yet-to-be-released video games or shown off in front of critics and fans. Also a lot of big announcements in the video game industry are made.

Personally, I'm hoping that Blizzard will announce the release date for Diablo 3. It's been a year since they first announced that they were working on it.

Anyone else have any hopes for E3 this Monday?
sigma7
i love just chillin and watching E3. I like to know what games are coming out.

Personally, im excited about God of War III, that game rocks my sox. other than that tho, i havent heard of any other games that are featured. I hope they announce a new system too. I no they are not but I hear Dell and Apple have something in the making but its going to be garbage.
Ctodd
i love just chillin and watching E3. I like to know what games are coming out.

Personally, im excited about God of War III, that game rocks my sox. other than that tho, i havent heard of any other games that are featured. I hope they announce a new system too. I no they are not but I hear Dell and Apple have something in the making but its going to be garbage.

I think the next generation of console gaming is going to head in a similar direction as the Wii. Something involving motion capture or something, so as not to compete with Microsoft and Sony (but more so Microsoft). I think typical "controller" based consoles (i.e. everything BUT the Wii) our going to fade away. Which brings me to the point at hand... I think if Dell and/or Apple enter the competition that it will be with a "different" sort of console. perhaps a portable, since the PSP and the DS have no direct competition with eachother (two different target audiences, and almost no games are available on both platforms, but they ARE both portable) so that's the only reason they would be competing with eachother
sigma7
QUOTE (Ctodd @ May 26 2009, 07:13 PM) *
I think the next generation of console gaming is going to head in a similar direction as the Wii. Something involving motion capture or something, so as not to compete with Microsoft and Sony (but more so Microsoft). I think typical "controller" based consoles (i.e. everything BUT the Wii) our going to fade away. Which brings me to the point at hand... I think if Dell and/or Apple enter the competition that it will be with a "different" sort of console. perhaps a portable, since the PSP and the DS have no direct competition with eachother (two different target audiences, and almost no games are available on both platforms, but they ARE both portable) so that's the only reason they would be competing with eachother

yah, but who would honestly buy a portable dell or apple gaming system? Ds and psp already have a lot of games and a whole bunch of features. I think that the only way they can compete is if they add something new to the home system. Basically wut u said except at home. If they offer something like virtual reality type stuff, they are going to rocket the sales charts. But if they make something similar, they are going to crash and burn. for example remember the N-Gage and dreamcast. They both failed in a year.
bluetag
e3 is awesome one of my friends somehow got an industry pass and is going. im looking forward to bioshock 2 i'm a big fan of the first one and the new game looks awesome.
Marc_Maiden
halo 3: ODST!!!!!
AlexLion
Crap I thought it was G3 laugh.gif So E3 is about PC games?

Blizzard is the best game manufacturer no doubt! smile.gif I enjoyed all their games in the past, none of them was bad, even Warcraft I biggrin.gif Yeah, I would like to know Diablo 3 release date too, also Starcraft 2.. Those will be epic no doubt!
Ivan Milenkovic
It will sure be a fun thing to check out, thanks for notifying! smile.gif
Ctodd
QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 27 2009, 03:09 AM) *
Crap I thought it was G3 laugh.gif So E3 is about PC games?

Blizzard is the best game manufacturer no doubt! smile.gif I enjoyed all their games in the past, none of them was bad, even Warcraft I biggrin.gif Yeah, I would like to know Diablo 3 release date too, also Starcraft 2.. Those will be epic no doubt!

E3 is for video games on every platform: PC, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, Wii, etc.

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 27 2009, 08:37 AM) *
It will sure be a fun thing to check out, thanks for notifying! smile.gif

CORRECTION!

it's not this weekend, but rather starts next Monday on the 2nd of June
sigma7
QUOTE (Ctodd @ May 27 2009, 03:53 PM) *
E3 is for video games on every platform: PC, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, Wii, etc.

CORRECTION!

it's not this weekend, but rather starts next Monday on the 2nd of June

actually monday is June 1st, my BDAY biggrin.gif
Marc_Maiden
blizzard does not do E3!

they have their own "Blizzcon"
Ctodd
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ May 28 2009, 09:37 PM) *
blizzard does not do E3!

they have their own "Blizzcon"

yeah, I actually figured that out last night... bummer

Blizzcon isn't until late August too... oh well, i'm sure their will be many other fine announcements come Monday.
Santiago Diaz Garces
Gran Turismo 5?. I have to really update my game info!. Jajaja. I'm just waiting to God Of War III. I saw a video of it on youtube and I just got shocked. I WANT TO PLAY IT NOW!!
JVM
Anyone else see the Old Republic trailer? I nearly wet my pants.
JadedWolf465
The Old Republic trailer was NUTS.

Personally though, I honestly think that Sony completely trashed on Nintendo and Microsoft this year. Microsoft had a few things going for it, but Sony actually played the right cards this year. MAG as much as it looks like it would have been a lag fest runs amazing and looks great. The Eye Toy was never for me but it completely looks so much better than the entire Wii-mote's gameplay. Gran Turismo, Rachet and Clank, God of War, and not to mention Uncharted 2 are ridiculously amazing. And Final Fantasy XIV being online, released in the same year as two other Final Fantasies, as well as being an EXCLUSIVE? I'm sold.

I was just about to give up my PS3 to my closet and focus completely on guitar, but it looks like it'll be a bit impossible to do that now tongue.gif

Anyone else see the show?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.