Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to GMC and lovin it!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Introduce Yourself !
buckjones
What's goin on guys?

This is an awesome site! I just joined today and already I've learned a hell of a lot. I've been playing for 9 years and really never had any direction. I always just picked up the guitar and tried a couple of things and if it worked then good enough for me, but lately I've really wanted to know the right way to play especially for my band (I'll post some rough stuff later on).

Kris, I just wanted to let you know that your site truly really has inspired me. I found it surfing around for scales yesterday and now I'm a member! Great work. And to the other members I've looked around on the forum and there really is some amazing talent here. Musicians really need to support each other and this is the best way... a great global community.

I look forward to learning more and more.

Nate
Kristofer Dahl
Thos are some great words - thank you and welcome! biggrin.gif
Andrew Cockburn
Yes, welcome - my story is similar to yours - I was in the wilderness for a long time, now I am getting the help I need, in a great community smile.gif
buckjones
Thanks for the welcome guys! Andrew I listened to a clip you had in the category where you can put your music and you're doin great! Kris, you're just phenomenal!!!!!

PS Andrew - I love Line 6 gear... I'm running a Line 6 Spider II 112 with the FBV Floorboard and the Toneport UX2 with Gearbox. You can't beat their presets. Eventually I'd like to get a Variax but that'll be down the road.
Andrew Cockburn
The Variax is a great guitar - it inspired me to to want to become a better guitarist after years of playing a Strat - you are in for a treat when you get one!

BTW, how is the 'burg? I met my wife there a few years ago ..
Pavel
Welcome man! Well if you are looking for some useful info in company of cool guys - you are at the right place wink.gif Enjoy your staying and - a lot of guitar playing! smile.gif
buckjones
Thanks Pavel!! I really appreciate that... I got a chance to check out your shredding and man you rock!!! You can play that JEM77 with pride my friend! biggrin.gif

Andrew - the 'burgh is good... I just moved down here from central New York so it's been a pretty good change. Everybody's great down here and there's a great diverse music scene especially on the south side of town.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.