Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Bought Erotic Cakes
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
Frederik
By Guthrie Govan and im listening to it right now, its great !

-Frederik
Matt23
I really want that, but I can't find anywhere to buy it. Where did you buy it from?
Frederik
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Jun 3 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really want that, but I can't find anywhere to buy it. Where did you buy it from?

Cornford amps

But i took more than a month to recieve it after the payment, but i guess its worth waiting
wrk
QUOTE (Frederik @ Jun 3 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cornford amps

But i took more than a month to recieve it after the payment, but i guess its worth waiting

Website says "Out of stock" .. mellow.gif
Is this CD destributed through other online shops somewhere? iTunes does not seem to have it.

Muris Varajic
Nice purchase, enjoy! smile.gif
Frederik
guess ull have to wait :s
Just heard it trough, its marvelous. i recomend it for anyone (*carf Carf* who loves guitar tongue.gif)
Stephane Lucarelli
You can also download the full album version (in MP3 format) with some cool bonuses.

Here's the link:
http://www.bluesjamtracks.com/govan.php
Ivan Mihaljevic
That's a great album and Guthrie is a phenomenal player (that's an understatement smile.gif)!
wrk
QUOTE (Stephane Lucarelli @ Jun 3 2009, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can also download the full album version (in MP3 format) with some cool bonuses.

Here's the link:

Awesome ... Thank you Stephane !!
Why i didn't thought about bluesjamtracks, quite obvious. I was searching from time to time for this CD, but could not find it.
Just bought it now as well and it's downloading. Will be a good day today ... smile.gif
Matt23
QUOTE (Stephane Lucarelli @ Jun 3 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's the link:

Thanks Stephane. smile.gif Downloading it now.
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Ivan Mihaljevic @ Jun 3 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a great album and Guthrie is a phenomenal player (that's an understatement smile.gif)!

+1
David Wallimann
QUOTE (Frederik @ Jun 3 2009, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By Guthrie Govan and im listening to it right now, its great !

-Frederik

Congrats on getting the best guitar album since Passion and Warfare in my opinion! :-)
Frederik
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Jun 3 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats on getting the best guitar album since Passion and Warfare in my opinion! :-)

tongue.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Very good purchase, congrats! Govan is crazy biggrin.gif
Matt23
I'm listening to it just now, it's brilliant. smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Excelent choice! It's fantastic guitar album!
Bondy
Love that album, top choice smile.gif
del-4fr53e3
It's an amazing album, hope you like it smile.gif
ErikEklund
amazing album, congrats smile.gif
ItsMe
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Jun 3 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also think that this is one of the best guitar albums (at least in the last decade)
steve25
Could someone tell me what is so great about him? Admitedly i've only heard bits of his stuff but i haven't been impressed. I'm yet to get the album but to be honest i'm a bit reluctant to
Sinisa Cekic
GG rules smile.gif good choice !
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (steve25 @ Jun 3 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could someone tell me what is so great about him? Admitedly i've only heard bits of his stuff but i haven't been impressed. I'm yet to get the album but to be honest i'm a bit reluctant to

Knowledge, ideas, control of the instrument, technique, feel etc.
Guthrie knows a lot indeed and he is mixing styles and genres very often,
perhaps that was the reason you haven't been impressed by few clips or som.
Still he is a world class guitar guru, no one can deny that
and if you really want to expand your guitar skills
at least you have to listen to the album, my opinion. smile.gif
lcsdds
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jun 3 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Muris....are you describing yourself again but ACTING like you are talking about GG...... tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jun 4 2009, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Muris....are you describing yourself again but ACTING like you are talking about GG...... tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Now that's what I call a SPAM!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
steve25
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jun 3 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Having good theory, control of the instrument and technique etc does not necessarily make you a good musician. But you are right, perhaps i should listen to the album first and then decide
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (steve25 @ Jun 4 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Having good theory, control of the instrument and technique etc does not necessarily make you a good musician. But you are right, perhaps i should listen to the album first and then decide

It does actually but it's hard to define what good musician is as well,
perhaps you mean catchy composer or som. smile.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jun 3 2009, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It does actually but it's hard to define what good musician is as well,
perhaps you mean catchy composer or som. smile.gif

I tend to agree Muris.

I'd also add 'musicality' but I think GG has that in spades as well.

Defining what a good musician is has a subjective element - what we regard individually as musical though is possibly even more subjective. I can listen to something and accept that it is well played and has a high quotient of musical ability but not necessarily see it as musical.

As an example, both my wife accepts that there is a lot of composition and musical ability that goes in to performing Messiaen's Turangalila. She thinks its noise whereas I think its musical.

Each to their own smile.gif .

Muris Varajic
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jun 4 2009, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tend to agree Muris.

I'd also add 'musicality' but I think GG has that in spades as well.

Defining what a good musician is has a subjective element - what we regard individually as musical though is possibly even more subjective. I can listen to something and accept that it is well played and has a high quotient of musical ability but not necessarily see it as musical.

As an example, both my wife accepts that there is a lot of composition and musical ability that goes in to performing Messiaen's Turangalila. She thinks its noise whereas I think its musical.

Each to their own smile.gif .

Yeah, it is gray area indeed, pretty subjective. smile.gif
Frederik
as muris said, im crazy about how he mixes the genres, i simply love after a shreddy part, which is very tense and "high" in dynamic, he switches to a jazzy laid-back lead, now how cool is that biggrin.gif also im crazy about his phrasing/dynamics and his ability to express him self through his instument lik: "waves" sounds like waves and the guitar almost resembles a synth, and "eric" is almost a "death hymn" (cant remember the classical word)

Try to listen to "wondefull slippery thing" its dripping sex, esspecially the funky part in the start HERE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.