Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok I Got 140 Euros.
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR
Jesse
So.. I got money.... I want to spend it.... on something usefull for the guitar:D

Give me your idea's!

Idea #1 : Save some more for an original TS-9 or TS-808
VictorUK
effects pedal
Jesse
I just replied to this advert,

http://link.marktplaats.nl/252519553

Translation:
Original Tube Screamer from the 80's.
Works 100 %, serie No# 311405, looks sweet, always been in its case.

VictorUK
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jul 2 2009, 04:31 PM) *
I just replied to this advert,

http://link.marktplaats.nl/252519553

Translation:
Original Tube Screamer from the 80's.
Works 100 %, serie No# 311405, looks sweet, always been in its case.

Looks nice dunno what keer is lol but anyway..
just spend the money on what you realy need that waht i do.
Skalde
Buy a ~30set of strings.
Jesse
skalde, thats lame biggrin.gif
Jesse
tongue.gif
Fran
The question is, do you need/crave for something in particular?

If so, get it. If you don't have enough cash, keep saving!

No point spending cash on something just because, wait til something G.AS.es you a lot, then get it! cool.gif
Jesse
Craving for a new video card, xD
Had that for a long time, to get steady 100 fps on counter strike, to play mirrors edge and oblivion better, and to be able to play far cry 2 xD
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Fran @ Jul 2 2009, 07:49 PM) *
The question is, do you need/crave for something in particular?

If so, get it. If you don't have enough cash, keep saving!

No point spending cash on something just because, wait til something G.AS.es you a lot, then get it! cool.gif

+1 Better save a bit for something you really want! You finally have some money, don't just throw it away within minutes! You an only spend it once wink.gif
audiopaal
Save the money, and save up for something you reeeeally want smile.gif
Jesse
A fender twin reverb. But I'll be 25 when I'll be able to buy it.
ZakkWylde
I don't really see why everyone wants a vintage tube screamer, I played a really old one (expensive! lol) and a standard 08 tubescreamer right next to each other and the diffrence is almost not noticable...

I went for a MXR Custom Shop OD Tubescreamer clone which sounds better than both original screamers IMO!
Skalde
Check out the MXR 10-Band Graphic EQ it's the best equlizer. I always wanted to buy one.
Muris Varajic
I wanted to say strings but Paal has a point here,
you might save as well. smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
I also advise - SAVE. You will get that Twin Reverb much sooner than you think if you save the money in a bank or something. It's a lot easier to buy the Twin (or Hot Rod or anything) if you have 400e than if you don't have anything wink.gif
Red
You should save it smile.gif
kaznie_NL
And then buy it second handed...
Skalde
Yeah that is a good adive second handed guitar amps are perfectly fine and much cheaper!
Jesse
NO! NO !Q NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO , not second hand, only if its vintage like the tubescreamer,
Skalde
ius primae noctis does not make the amp better belive me - it's a mental thing
Jesse
so, I spend 70 already, 2 srv books, and one pull up bar ..... yes, a pull up bar
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jul 4 2009, 04:50 PM) *
NO! NO !Q NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO , not second hand, only if its vintage like the tubescreamer,

Then go ahead and just burn the money... Buying new instead of a good second hand is about as stupid as burning your rmoney....

ONLY if you dont'have enough to buy new.... that is wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
I don't know, buying second hand vintage TS808 is kinda risky, gotta try it in person, and even then sometimes it's hard to tell if it is real or not if you haven't played it for a while.
TS is a great pedal no mistakes there but I've seen some experiences people playing nothing but new TS9 swearing it's better than any other. As with all, it's a matter of preference, and definitely try one out before you buy.
Alexiaden93
You can buy a light-pick ! Just look at Muris ! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.