Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Entry - Alex Lifeson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Wiki Writers
NoSkill
Hi Guys,

I wanted to add another Canadian Guitarist to the Wiki in short order. I can't add Rik Emmett without adding Alex Lifeson. Alex formed a large part of my guitar listening during the 70's and 80's. As, primarily, a drummer, RUSH was a band that I spent much time with. Everyone who has picked up drum sticks wanted to play like Neil Peart, however, without the amazing talent of Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee (Bass/Keyboards/Vocals etc.) RUSH might not have been around long.

Please join me in a brief read about this impressive guitar player. And, you might find a little tidbit to bring Canada and Serbia a little closer together.

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/Alex_Lifeson

Cheers!

Tom
Emir Hot
Awesome. I didn't know that this guy's origins are Serbian. Very nice read
Pedja Simovic
Awesome entry for Alex Lifeson !
Sensible Jones
Nice one Tom! I grew up listening to Rush!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
kaznie_NL
"Aside from music, Lifeson is part owner of the Toronto restaurant The Orbit Room, and is a licensed aircraft pilot, motorcycle rider, and gourmet cook." That's really cool, it shows he's prety versatile!
Fran
Top notch entry Tom, loved it smile.gif
playaxeman
Great work.

It is good to read this.

Rush and Lifson are still going strong....

....when I was 18 I was listing to Rush and now I still am.

Amzing band and guitartist. Very talented.

Last seen them in Ahoy, Rotterdam in 2004 .

Great show.
At the end the roadies throw-in t shirts at the crowd. I was a lucky one to catch one shirt.

Here they are live at Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands in 1979 (!!!)with a guitar instrumental La villa strangiato:

Fran
Feel free to add your vids or expand the info in the articles guys, this is a wiki smile.gif
Santiago Diaz Garces
Great entry!!. Rush has always inspired and will always do. I love Alex's tone
playaxeman
QUOTE (Fran @ Jul 7 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Feel free to add your vids or expand the info in the articles guys, this is a wiki smile.gif

maybe a stupid question but how does that work? Does everyone know? unsure.gif
NoSkill
There is a tutorial at http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...ipedia:Tutorial

Beside each paragraph, there is an [EDIT] link that allows you to just edit that section.

If you are unsure, after reading it, make a test page with Yourself as the guitarist and play around to see how things go.

If all else fails, send a PM to the author to make an addition. Not the most efficient and not entirely in the spirit of a Wikipedia, but will probably be well received.

Cheers!
Fran
Thanks Tom, good advice there smile.gif

All GMC members can edit the wiki, just click "edit" button up there and see how it works it's piece of cake. Creating whole new entries is really easy too, just follow the above mentioned tutorial, and ask here in the forum or via PM if you are in doubt smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.