Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Decided To Buy A Logitech 9000pro Webcam
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Video Recording
enforcer
I decided to buy a Logitech 9000Pro Webcam for REC and Student Instructing stuff... Do you recommend it? Is it wise to spend so much money on it?

Thank you 4 ur help guys!
Sensible Jones
It's what a lot of people here use and it's also what was recommended to me by a few people here as well as other Foums!!!
I'm hopefully ordering mine next week!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
It works wonders for me. I can shoot videos at... I'd geuss at least as good or better quality than most videos on this site here wink.gif 1600x1200 at 30 fps as clear as any other. smile.gif

Still amaze me to this day. I will try and upload an example soon. smile.gif
Mrblomme
I heard many good things about it so it should also work for you. smile.gif
sted
Its good once the settings are right, check out my youtube for examples (Guitar is via a UX2 interface)

http://www.youtube.com/user/bigleemac
Koopid
If you own a mac or plan to buy one make sure it is the mac supported version!
I bought one for my PC and then changed to mac and was greatly surprised there was no Mac support. There is version of the cam that goes with mac though.

Logitech + Mac = not so good.

Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Koopid @ Aug 11 2009, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Logitech + Mac = not so good.

I'm sure you meant it like that wink.gif

Just joking, ofcourse.
kaznie_NL
just watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhtpRyRa0jw&fmt=18 . the quality is stunning! she explaines about the right light tech, using to much resources and all, just watch the first few seconds in HQ to see how good it gets!
enforcer
thanks god It helped a lot...
Fran
+1 on the logi 900 pro, I'm happy with it too.

Just turn right light etc. off, manually adjust a couple sliding bars ecah time you play (light varies depending on the day time, etc.) and you'll get a good frame rate.
Ivan Milenkovic
I also recommend Pro9000 webcam, this is on my list as well! smile.gif
superize
I also use one for all my REC and it definently does the job
Emir Hot
That camera has all great reviews. I am thinking to buy it as well
Canis
The Logitech 9000 seems like the "Official GMC Webcam", as I tihnk a lot of people here use it tongue.gif
Gonna get it myself soon, I guess!
Joruus
I bought it last week and it seems great smile.gif
Haven't made a good test video with it yet though.

One thing to pay attention to:
Quickcam Pro 9000- I think this is what most of us have and its great but..
Webcam pro 9000- newer version with 720P and wide screen
So the names are a bit confusing and most shops will try to sell their quickcams,
if you can find webcam for same price take that one.
I only found the quickcam version so i bought that for 80€, since the new features arent that important.. just saying if you see a webcam pro 9000 same price, get that one!

Also i have a question for all you 9000pro users biggrin.gif
Do you use the right light setting? it seems to help alot in my usually dark room, but it says it may cause framerate to be lower..
shrednbuttah
I highly recommend the 9000pro, I love its quality and versatility
enforcer
Thanks guys, I'll definitely buy this if I can find one here biggrin.gif When I was thinking of buying a cam recorder this cam was virtually everywhere, and when I have decided to buy this for sure, I can't find it anywhere!!! It's just frustrating...
Pedja Simovic
Most members use it for REC and Youtube videos. I don't personally use it but from what I have seen it has good quality. Go for it!
Fran
QUOTE (Joruus @ Aug 15 2009, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing to pay attention to:
Quickcam Pro 9000- I think this is what most of us have and its great but..
Webcam pro 9000- newer version with 720P and wide screen

Widescreen? Now that's pretty cool!, I'd love to shoot widescreen as most screens are 16:9 these days. Would fit youtube better too. I hope they release some software update to shoot 16:9 with the Quickcam too.
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Fran @ Aug 15 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Widescreen? Now that's pretty cool!, I'd love to shoot widescreen as most screens are 16:9 these days. Would fit youtube better too. I hope they release some software update to shoot 16:9 with the Quickcam too.

It's already there! laugh.gif

Go to Logitechs website and download the new software for the camera smile.gif Only just saw it now myself. I uploaded a very quick video display of it.

EDIT: New upload. Sorry for the accent! laugh.gif
Fran
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 15 2009, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's already there! laugh.gif

Go to Logitechs website and download the new software for the camera smile.gif Only just saw it now myself. I uploaded a very quick video display of it.

Awesome!! You just made my day smile.gif smile.gif
Alexiaden93
I bought my Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 to be able to record high-quality videos for the REC programme. I have NO complaints whatsoever when it comes to its price, nor to its quality. It even has some really cool effects, like avatars (where you can turn yourself into a talking shark), and you can also put a fake moustache on your face etc...

I bought mine in London, ordered off the Internet (Dixons) for a staggering £48, DELIVERY INCLUDED ! biggrin.gif

An advice to everyone... BUY IT NOW ! biggrin.gif
Andrew Cockburn
wink.gif Looks like it is a real fave at GMC - great reccomendation for anyone wanting to get into the REC or MTP programs!
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 16 2009, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wink.gif Looks like it is a real fave at GMC - great reccomendation for anyone wanting to get into the REC or MTP programs!

Without a doubt. Still... great video quality doesn't come just out of the camera. You still need the right light setting in your room etc. smile.gif
playaxeman
I used it for my REC vid. So see that board and you see the difference between the webcame I used before and after the logitech.

I think this i a good webcame.
maharzan
Wow, I didn't know webcams were capable of that kind of quality. Really nice.

Isn't it kind of slow when it comes to fast movement? not sure but like blurry effects that has been there in webcams all this time. Just wondering coz.. playing guitar is all about movements. smile.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (maharzan @ Aug 21 2009, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, I didn't know webcams were capable of that kind of quality. Really nice.

Isn't it kind of slow when it comes to fast movement? not sure but like blurry effects that has been there in webcams all this time. Just wondering coz.. playing guitar is all about movements. smile.gif

I think the higher the resolution the more blur as it demands more from your machine and the webcam. It should however still produce videos at 30 fps, and you're only able to "see" 24 fps. However, I think it's at its best regarding blur at 640x400 or something. I haven't check though.
Andrew Cockburn
Blur associated with motion is usually caused by a slower framerate - at its top resolution this webcam probably works at 15fps which is a little slow for fast action guitar! For webcams at least, you often have to trade resolution for frame rate, which is why if you are serious about video you need to look into buying a video camera.
Smikey2006
Haha this thread has made me want to get one! The picture looks great! and if it can pick up guitar sounds too thats amazing!
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 21 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blur associated with motion is usually caused by a slower framerate - at its top resolution this webcam probably works at 15fps which is a little slow for fast action guitar! For webcams at least, you often have to trade resolution for frame rate, which is why if you are serious about video you need to look into buying a video camera.

It does however say 30 fps at several occasions. I do also think you will see blur on a real camera with fast movements, as you can only see 24 fps with your eyes, but most likely "move" faster. When you wave your arm across yourself you will also see it "blur".

640x460 in VGA is definately 30 fps. I'm not too sure about the others. Some of the higher resolutions are probably lower fps.

Here is a 640x460 30 fps video, I'm sure.
Andrew Cockburn
* wave *

Yes, definitely looks like 30fps - the video was very fluid even when you started waving your hand - so being able to get 30fps at 640x480 makes this a great little camera!

By the way, you need to set your whitebalance wink.gif
Storm Linnebjerg
Yeah, I know. It changes from when shooting at 640x460 (VGA) to HD options. For some reasons it's different in lightning in HD. I didn't bother to do anything and the lightning in the room was very bad at the time besides the aforementioned.

I'll look into it before next video shoot which isn't just for showing off the camera. So consider the above to be a video of not-the-best quality of the camera wink.gif

Once again, definately worth the money.
enforcer
Yeah finally I bought it! I paid 260 TRY's it makes about $185... This is a lot of money I know but this is Turkey, so what can I do...

I am satisfied with initial results I plan to make a little review tomorrow, so take care...
Ivan Milenkovic
Thanks a lot for the video Cael. I'm considering getting one soon, so this was exactly what I was looking for.
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (enforcer @ Aug 23 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah finally I bought it! I paid 260 TRY's it makes about $185... This is a lot of money I know but this is Turkey, so what can I do...

I am satisfied with initial results I plan to make a little review tomorrow, so take care...

Congrats on getting it! You should be satisfied as its a great little webcam! smile.gif
enforcer
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 28 2009, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats on getting it! You should be satisfied as its a great little webcam! smile.gif

It is actually. And I can use it as a video camera combined with my little netbook!! The results are just amazing....
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (enforcer @ Aug 28 2009, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is actually. And I can use it as a video camera combined with my little netbook!! The results are just amazing....

Just to report that I got this little cam and it works great!

I can't get best frame rate over 640x480 but that is enough for most things anyway....

Can you guys capture with descent 24-30fps in more than 640x480 and which program do you use for capture? Also if there are samples posted let me know to check the results out.
Storm Linnebjerg
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 18 2010, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to report that I got this little cam and it works great!

I can't get best frame rate over 640x480 but that is enough for most things anyway....

Can you guys capture with descent 24-30fps in more than 640x480 and which program do you use for capture? Also if there are samples posted let me know to check the results out.

I think I get decent framerate, but maybe not 30 fps. Can't test it right now. I know it also might be down to your computer's performance. I just use the Logitech Quick Cam program that comes with the camera to be honest.
enforcer
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 19 2010, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I get decent framerate, but maybe not 30 fps. Can't test it right now. I know it also might be down to your computer's performance. I just use the Logitech Quick Cam program that comes with the camera to be honest.

It definetly depends on your computer performance too... I can get about 24 fps in HD in my desktop computer (which is a killer) but nothing decent on my netbook above 640x480...

Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 19 2010, 02:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 19 2010, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It definetly depends on your computer performance too... I can get about 24 fps in HD in my desktop computer (which is a killer) but nothing decent on my netbook above 640x480...

I was suspecting my computers performance as its not really powerful (quite old I guess)...So I will be able to get a descent frame rate in HD, how that would be really awesome! Loving the cam already! smile.gif
Fran
Turning off all auto settings is a must too, (no rightlight or auto gain/exposition).

I get best results turning it all off and adjusting expositin/gain manually. I usually have gain middle/high, then tweak to get the most exposition posible without losing too much frame rate. The darker the image the better the framerate, you need to achieve a good compromise there between exposition/frames
Bogdan Radovic
Thanks for the info. I'm still playing with this cam. It seems that my PC is just not fast enough for capturing HD videos at a good frame rate. It struggles even with standard definition. I have seen your cover videos and they seem to have great Frame rate at HD res so its not the cam smile.gif Will have to do some PC upgrading now for sure...

QUOTE (Fran @ Jan 19 2010, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Turning off all auto settings is a must too, (no rightlight or auto gain/exposition).

I get best results turning it all off and adjusting expositin/gain manually. I usually have gain middle/high, then tweak to get the most exposition posible without losing too much frame rate. The darker the image the better the framerate, you need to achieve a good compromise there between exposition/frames
Fran
Good luck with it Bogdan. My laptop is just an average one, no need for ultra-great hardware or anything to make it work properly. If I remember correctly I have 2 GB ram, a normal processor and a usual hard drive, so you should be fine with any recent laptop really. Mine is oiver a year old or so.
Bogdan Radovic
Hmmm in this PC I have AMD Athlon 3600+ dual core processor working at 2.0 GHz and 2 Gb of RAM memory...But there is no way to get a HD with nice frame rate....I'll see how it works with more lights...

QUOTE (Fran @ Apr 2 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck with it Bogdan. My laptop is just an average one, no need for ultra-great hardware or anything to make it work properly. If I remember correctly I have 2 GB ram, a normal processor and a usual hard drive, so you should be fine with any recent laptop really. Mine is oiver a year old or so.

p.s. its time for upgrade anyway hehehe smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.