Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coffeeman "cv"
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Pedja Simovic > MTP (Pedja)
coffeeman
Hi Pedja,

Before I start I want to thank andy aka "wrk" , cause I stole his cv to create mine , so thanks andy.

Strength/Weakness (Musical):

For many years I used to play only with the pentatonic scale. Since I joined GMC 2 years ago I discover a new world, knowing the modes , and a lot of cool scales. I think that has helped me to expand my musical abilities , however I think Im stuck with phasing. When I improvise I always do scale runs , but no musical ideas come to my head. When I have more time , for example when Im writing a song I think I have good ideas , but I really want to expand my musical/harmony ability , to create great music.

Strength/Weakness (Technical):

As you know pedja Im not a very techincal player , I do what I have to do. I can say that in these 2 years at GMC I have improve a lot. I used to play with "random picking" all the time , now I have a solid AP technique atlhough Im not fast. I can sweep , I thing I have a good legatto and I weak tapping. My rythm guitar is not the best either , but it works. So as I told you some days ago , I have a new band, the drummer is a monster and we're playing mostly rock and I really want to improve, so I would like to concentrate on my rhythm skills, but as you also know I love fusion so I would like to keeo improving my soloing skills too. In my practive routine I include everyday , some AP , legatto and sweeping ex.

Theory:

This is one of the points I have improve a lot. I have learned modes, new scales , new chords. I have a application in my iPod, is an ear trainer so I try to practice at least 20 minutes with it. Its really nice, I'm starting to recognize new intervales , chords and scales.

MTP Goals:

I really want to improve my musical/harmony-composing abilities. I think that techincal stuff comes with practice, of course I want to play faster and cleaner, but taht would come, Im sure about that. So , as I already told you , Im in this new band and we're playing mostly rock, kind of grunge 90's style. You know that I love to write and create my own stuff, with vst's and stuff. So I really want to Improve that. Creating my own chord progressions, riffs, solos in the rock and fusion style.

Here are a couple of my influences:

Rock

Stone Temple Pilots
Pearl Jam
Foo Fighters
Faith no More
Muse
tool
A perfect circle
Rage against the machine
Soundgarden
Audioslave
Red hot chilli peppers(no that much the funk songs, more the rock ones)
Live
Smashing Pumkins

Fusion

Guthrie Govan
Greg Howe
Tom Quayle(I really like this guy style, very smooth)
Allan Hollsworth
Eric Johnson

Well I guess this is it Pedja , thanks a lot for being my mentor and Im looking forward to start a.s.a.p.

Thanks a lot.

Pedja Simovic
Andru this is great stuff man. I am glad you stole CV outlook from Andy because its all lay out perfectly.
We will start tonight and we will work on songwriting, harmony analysis and rhythm as well as solo guitar!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.