Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Purpose Of This Thread
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Emir Hot > Recording (Emir)
Emir Hot
I am open for any questions you might have about the recording techniques. Some of you know that I have some recording requirements when I lead a collaboration. If you need any explaination about that or recording in general, feel free to ask here.
intemperateControl
rolleyes.gif Hey, Emir - how's it going dude. I replied to your response to my second personal message but it didn't show up in my sent folder, so I'm not sure if you got it. Anyway, I just wanted to thank for the great insight and advise - I will always remember it. Your response alone was very much appreciated. My question here is, What is the best software for me to use to submit my guitar playing to the forum for judgment - because I like playing your stuff among others and my playing is on a 5-9 level. All I have is some computer speakers, a Marshall amp, and V-Amp effects module. I have no idea how to do what you guys do with recording techniques along with which software is the best. Simple advise on which software to use would be good - I can read the instructions on my own, that is, unless you have some additional advise to add. You're the best, man. Know it! Any advise on this matter will be appreciated...

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 5 2009, 10:32 AM) *
I am open for any questions you might have about the recording techniques. Some of you know that I have some recording requirements when I lead a collaboration. If you need any explaination about that or recording in general, feel free to ask here.

Emir Hot
Hi

I use Sonar 7.0 Producer Edition for recording. You can use Cubase, Logic etc... They all work the same. Many people here use Reaper. You need a good sound card as well. My one is semi-pro card but works great. It's EMU-0404 PCI card. There are good deals to get Sonar with the USB sound card included.

This bundle sounds good for you and you get it all fo only £169.99. Full package ready for production.

Once you do your first recording you just don't want to stop making music smile.gif
Emir Hot

If I see that more people use Sonar I might open a thread here with some video tutorials.
intemperateControl
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 12 2009, 06:56 AM) *
Hi

I use Sonar 7.0 Producer Edition for recording. You can use Cubase, Logic etc... They all work the same. Many people here use Reaper. You need a good sound card as well. My one is semi-pro card but works great. It's EMU-0404 PCI card. There are good deals to get Sonar with the USB sound card included.

This bundle sounds good for you and you get it all fo only £169.99. Full package ready for production.

Once you do your first recording you just don't want to stop making music smile.gif

rolleyes.gif Great - thanks for the advise. I am going to try the one you use because your sound is so great. Thanks again, Emir. Very much appreciated...
Emir Hot
QUOTE (intemperateControl @ Sep 12 2009, 01:38 PM) *
rolleyes.gif Great - thanks for the advise. I am going to try the one you use because your sound is so great. Thanks again, Emir. Very much appreciated...

My sound I get by using a plugin Amplitube 2. It is not because of the sound card smile.gif The bundle I suggested is even better system than I have.
intemperateControl
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 12 2009, 07:42 AM) *
My sound I get by using a plugin Amplitube 2. It is not because of the sound card smile.gif The bundle I suggested is even better system than I have.

rolleyes.gif Alright, Emir - cool! I will look into applying both of your suggestions - I can't imagine a better sound output than you produce here on Masterclass. Oh, I checked out your YouTube channel some time ago, and you deserve more views. I am a web designer - but even more a guitar player. When you submit videos, aside of your normal keywords remember to add the keywords Under ~ Entertainment> Guitar lesson, guitar, lesson, music, music video, rock video, video, recording, record, cd, promo, trailer, movie, movie trailer, band, rock band, tabs, guitar tabs, metal, heavy metal, metal band, rock, blues, rhythm, neoclassical, neo classical, jazz, guitar, blues, video, rockstar, rock star, ... I used to produce guitar lesson on YouTube and in my first month I got more than 30,000 views - I quit because despite my ability to impress I wasn't where I wanted to be as a guitarist. But you are there - aside of Masterclass you should do it. Maybe some day I will do it again, but I won't steal your stuff. keywords dictate where your videos appear among search results depending on what the user is searching for. Have a good day, dude...
Emir Hot
I know what the keywords are but I just didn't bother typing all that smile.gif The purpose of those videos is not to get 100.000 views but for me to have in various situations to show people what I do. Thanks for that list, I will copy and paste it in some of my videos and we'll see what will happen smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.