Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ideas
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > GMC Virtual Bands > GMC Ultimate Virtual Band
Iluha
post any riffs/licks/ideas you got here..

My first is a ballad idea, it's very rough as you can hear... I think it might work well as a part C in some song.
It was recorded with a 60 bpm metronome

My second idea is a funk rock type of riff I thought almost 6 months ago and never got to do anything with it..
Again it's very rough, Iv'e been neglecting the guitar for the last couple of months sad.gif
recorded over 120 bpm metronome.

And my final idea for now is a ballad I wrote a couple of months back, I actually posted it on here. it's just a beginning of something, and it's entirely in midi for now since I lack the equipment to properly record guitar...
I would love to develop this to an entire song, so if you guys are up to it.. this is my personal choice of the 3 ideas, it's also the most developed one.
audiopaal
I'll post some ideas tomorrow.
I'm currently setting up my mac for recording, so I need another day or two to get ready smile.gif

Nice ideas man! smile.gif
muntahunta
i really like the vibe of Idea 1, I think it could actually be a verse leading to a heavier powerful chorus?
Idea 3 sounded as if it belonged in a Final Fantasy game, if we could convert that into a song I think it would be epic smile.gif its always been a goal of mine to be a part of something epic sounding like that smile.gif
Iluha
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Sep 9 2009, 07:28 PM) *
i really like the vibe of Idea 1, I think it could actually be a verse leading to a heavier powerful chorus?
Idea 3 sounded as if it belonged in a Final Fantasy game, if we could convert that into a song I think it would be epic smile.gif its always been a goal of mine to be a part of something epic sounding like that smile.gif

Yeah it does have that final fantasy vibe going lol XD

Looking forward to hearing you'r ideas Audiopaal.
muntahunta
ive just had 2 short ideas, nothing much but i was just messing round on my guitar and thought id post them incase anyone could use it

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Iluha
Cool I liked it.. both of the ideas could turn into nice hard rock songs..
Frederik
spacy one that ballad.. add some string to get it cheesy biggrin.gif or at least piano and some drums with rim shots wink.gif
that seranade is very beautifull, though u need to add some dynamics to the lead, to resemble the voice.

messed with reason a couple of years ago, and came up with this
im still a little fond of the ballad, though its very cheesy.
the techno is just fun, though i think the middle section came out well

-Frederik
Jose Mena
Iluha like your Ideas. Number 3 sounds to me that it could be turned into a cool guitar instrumental

Muntahunta your stuff is great as well, more on the rock side, I already have something in mind for those
audiopaal
I finally got my Mac up and running.. and it works with Cubase and everything biggrin.gif
I'll record some ideas during the weekend as well..
I like the ideas so far though smile.gif
Iluha
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Sep 10 2009, 10:21 PM) *
Iluha like your Ideas. Number 3 sounds to me that it could be turned into a cool guitar instrumental

Muntahunta your stuff is great as well, more on the rock side, I already have something in mind for those

I would love to work on the 3rd idea, as I got a hidden goal with finishing it..

The girl I talk about here:
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=30360
When she was here I promised her I will write and record her a song before she left, but I just couldn't get something done that I felt was good enough to give her..
But this one, I feel that if it will be finished(with or without vocals) will be perfect to give to her..
Jose Mena
QUOTE (Iluha @ Sep 10 2009, 06:34 PM) *
I would love to work on the 3rd idea, as I got a hidden goal with finishing it..

The girl I talk about here:
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=30360
When she was here I promised her I will write and record her a song before she left, but I just couldn't get something done that I felt was good enough to give her..
But this one, I feel that if it will be finished(with or without vocals) will be perfect to give to her..

My brother says that if there were no women he could not write songs
Iluha
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Sep 11 2009, 07:54 PM) *
My brother says that if there were no women he could not write songs

Heheh, I can relate to that smile.gif
muntahunta
me too
audiopaal
I got two new pedals yesterday, and tested them out today..
I recorded some riffs with them to hear what the distortion sounded like (pretty much the same actually, but one of them has got a really nice clean channel too..) smile.gif

Maybe some of the riffs can be used here as well..?

I'll record the ideas I was thinking of in the first place tomorrow, but here you've got some improvised stuff smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Wilska
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Sep 12 2009, 08:11 PM) *
I got two new pedals yesterday, and tested them out today..
I recorded some riffs with them to hear what the distortion sounded like (pretty much the same actually, but one of them has got a really nice clean channel too..) smile.gif

Maybe some of the riffs can be used here as well..?

I'll record the ideas I was thinking of in the first place tomorrow, but here you've got some improvised stuff smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I really like the sound of those clips, especially the first one! What pedals were you trying out? =)
audiopaal
QUOTE (Wilska @ Sep 12 2009, 08:25 PM) *
I really like the sound of those clips, especially the first one! What pedals were you trying out? =)

Thanks smile.gif

The pedals I were trying out is:

AMT Electronics R1

and..

AMT Electronics SS-20 (Guitar preamp)

The first clip is with the R1, and the two others with the SS-20 smile.gif
Both are recorded straight into the soundacrd via the built-in "recording out" on bopth pedals (awesome stuff!)..
A tiny eq to get rid of some boominess (I should've turned down the bass knob a bit tongue.gif) and that's that..

Glad you like dit though smile.gif
muntahunta
i love the first one dude!!! i think we could use that riff in a song straight away!!!
audiopaal
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Sep 13 2009, 05:16 AM) *
i love the first one dude!!! i think we could use that riff in a song straight away!!!

Thanks smile.gif
Jose Mena
Awesome stuff audiopaal

The first one is already a tune for me
Jose Mena
I already would like to start working on some of the ideas I've heard, however we were all supposed to post something

I set the click to 100 bpm and started spitting out riffs, I selected 2 for what I think could be like an intro, and a verse

It is sloppy, but you get the idea, the second riff seems a little hard to play, just came out so I have to practice it myself

here it is

muntahunta
im liking everything everyones posted so far, One thing though, how are we all going to decide what song we are working on first? are we taking one of the ideas, then coming up with a plan such as "style: Hard Rock, Structure: riff1-verse-riff2-chorus etc," or are we going with the flow.

i personally think that audiopaals first idea would be a great start since its got all of the basic elements there and would be an easy start for everyone to get used to how this is going to work.
as is your idea Jose.
Jose Mena
I agree lets work on Audiopaal's first idea
Iluha
Ok fine by me smile.gif

I think I'll record a demo bass track for that first part(until 0:25) over the next couple of days, Iv'e got some ideas in my head..
Iluha
Went ahead and recorded it..
Recorded on take only the bass over an 80 metronome
and one take with Audiopaal's track to hear how it will sound together, it won't sound right on the last part but it's because I feel the guitar needs to play something different there.
audiopaal
Oh, we're already working on my idea!? smile.gif

You guys are FAST!! laugh.gif

Hehe, that's fine..
I'll work some more on that song tomorrow and post some more!
Good bass ideas Iluha, needs a little polish though but good thinking smile.gif

edit: In the meantime I'll just post another idea..
I recorded this for MickeM today to show somw sounds of a new pedal..

More metal (just differetn riffing to show how the pedal reacts etc..): Click to view attachment
muntahunta
i really like the clean bit of that dude smile.gif

you know what... im actually amazed at some of the ideas you guy's are coming out with, In my band im the only one who tries to write anything and its really nice hearing all of these different things coming out that i wouldnt usually think of.
I dont know wether you guy's were expecting me to have much input on the instrement side of things since im the vocalist, I dont mind if you did or didnt, but if its ok with all of you, i'd like to leave all the instrement writing to you guy's just for this one song and I just work on lyrics and vocals, just because its a nice change for me smile.gif

if not, im quite happy to help out smile.gif theres no problem.

also, should we start a new topic with all the takes for this one song? would make things a bit easier and more organised smile.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Sep 14 2009, 12:36 AM) *
i really like the clean bit of that dude smile.gif

you know what... im actually amazed at some of the ideas you guy's are coming out with, In my band im the only one who tries to write anything and its really nice hearing all of these different things coming out that i wouldnt usually think of.
I dont know wether you guy's were expecting me to have much input on the instrement side of things since im the vocalist, I dont mind if you did or didnt, but if its ok with all of you, i'd like to leave all the instrement writing to you guy's just for this one song and I just work on lyrics and vocals, just because its a nice change for me smile.gif

if not, im quite happy to help out smile.gif theres no problem.

also, should we start a new topic with all the takes for this one song? would make things a bit easier and more organised smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif

Sure, that way you can concentrate on writing some great lyrics and vocal melodies smile.gif

I can create a new thread tomorrow with my ideas for this song, and everyone can give their input in that thread!
Would be more organized that way..
Iluha
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Sep 13 2009, 11:21 PM) *
Oh, we're already working on my idea!? smile.gif

You guys are FAST!! laugh.gif

Hehe, that's fine..
I'll work some more on that song tomorrow and post some more!
Good bass ideas Iluha, needs a little polish though but good thinking smile.gif

edit: In the meantime I'll just post another idea..
I recorded this for MickeM today to show somw sounds of a new pedal..

More metal (just differetn riffing to show how the pedal reacts etc..): Click to view attachment

Yeah it's just a rough sketch to show the general idea, any ideas on making it better are welcome smile.gif
audiopaal
QUOTE (Iluha @ Sep 14 2009, 10:18 AM) *
Yeah it's just a rough sketch to show the general idea, any ideas on making it better are welcome smile.gif

I got a bass as well, I can see if I come up with some pointer as well..
And you can at least have a listen to it smile.gif
Iluha
So what's the game plan?..
audiopaal
Hi.

I've been quite busy these last days..
But I'll record something later today (from my initial idea..), and post it in a new thread.
I'll try to add some Bass and drums too, and post them seperately as well..

That way you and the others can listen to it in a mix and single files.
That way it's easier for you to come up with critisism and improvement ideas for all the parts smile.gif

Sounds like a plan? smile.gif
muntahunta
im happy with that smile.gif
Iluha
Yup smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.