Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Superize Mtp Thread
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Lian Gerbino > MTP (Lian)
Lian Gerbino
first assignment:

Time to complete: 7 days (next Wednesday)
Level: Intermediate

Remember: you must provide audio or video of how progress is going. smile.gif if you want it, and have the time to add drums and more instruments, do it. but for this first assignment I am not asking for it. so, since we have a dead-line to respect, you can rec your takes using only the metronome.

part 1
-control of rhythm guitar at different tempos.
learn this first assignment start at 100 bpm
increase to 120 bpm
increase to 140 bpm
increase to 160 bpm

part 2
-routine
once you feel comfortable with it apply the following:

start at 120 bpm (2 times)
at 140 (3 times)
at 160 (4 times)
rest or jam during 10 minutes and repeat the assignment 2 times more. remember to focus on your practice, concentrate and have fun during the process that´s better than 100 hour-practice

this extra work is our of the weekly dead-line:

part 3
-adding "the band" (composition)
we can work together on this point.

add a drum line to the GP file
add a bass line to the GP file

REMEMBER: practice using metronome.
superize
Here are some takes on 120, 140 and 160 bpm with metroneme

Lian Gerbino
awesome takes my friend.
only thing I see at 160 vid is:
at 00.29 you miss the tempo and you start a little bit faster than 160 bpm. but this is a tiny thing, I think you did a great jod smile.gif

the sound while fast picking is exactly what I was looking for: tight, aggressive and clean. great palm muting position man!
very well done!
I think we could add a new assignment.
since you´ve been working on the first one last days I think of add a new assignment to work during this week. something a little bit more difficult. are you agree?
superize
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Oct 7 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
awesome takes my friend.
only thing I see at 160 vid is:
at 00.29 you miss the tempo and you start a little bit faster than 160 bpm. but this is a tiny thing, I think you did a great jod smile.gif

the sound while fast picking is exactly what I was looking for: tight, aggressive and clean. great palm muting position man!
very well done!
I think we could add a new assignment.
since you´ve been working on the first one last days I think of add a new assignment to work during this week. something a little bit more difficult. are you agree?

Yes i do

I have also made some bass for this

Lian Gerbino
well man, here is your next assignment for the 2nd week.

Time to complete: 6 days (next Thursday)
Level: Intermediate

Remember: you must provide audio or video of how progress is going. smile.gif if you want it, and have the time to add drums and more instruments, do it. but for this first assignment I am not asking for it. so, since we have a dead-line to respect, you can rec your takes using only the metronome.

this extra work is out of the weekly dead-line:

-adding "the band" (composition)
we can work together on this point.

add a drum line to the GP file
add a bass line to the GP file

also. I´ve make some changes on drums and bass in the assignment for week 1. check it out.
I think you can take a look on what I´ve done. specially in drum lines because what you did, it was pretty close to the guitar, the same happens with your bass lines.
this doesn´t mean that what you wrote is wrong, it´s ok, we are only adding new ideas.
the goal here is that you can compose a drum line thinking as a drummer you know what I mean?
superize
I am getting right on the new assignment......

I will try and make the drums better this time

I was wondering if you could upload a gp file on the Drums for assignment 1 so i can look at it
superize
Hey Lian i wont be able to upload a take in time because i am working full time on my job this week.....

But i will try and do it as soon as possible
Lian Gerbino
ok man, no problem, take your time. smile.gif

btw, I´ll upload the drum lines later when I´ll be back home.
superize
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Oct 21 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok man, no problem, take your time. smile.gif

btw, I´ll upload the drum lines later when I´ll be back home.

Great:d
superize
I am not at home at the moment so i cant work on this now but when i come home i will upload a take for you with my new Pod xt live biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Lian Gerbino
yeahhhh!!! congrats man!!! biggrin.gif
superize
Hey Lian i am glad that we get another oppertunity to be togheter for the MTP.

This time i feel like i really want to learn and play as much as possible.

I really want to learn to play better lead and composing is another thing i really want to learn
Lian Gerbino
that's cool man! smile.gif I gonna close this thread and we will work on a new one!

cya!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.