Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caelumamittendum's October Mtp Thread
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Pedja Simovic > MTP (Pedja)
Pedja Simovic
Ok Ben, here we go with new MTP rules. You will be required to submit 3 assignments in October, all on weekly basis.

1st assignment is due on 17th of October.

I want you to upload audio and/or video of you playing following 7 alternate picking exercises. I would like you to do them at least 90bpm without any mistakes with these. If you can do them comfortably at 90bpm, feel free to go for 100,110bpm or even more.

Feel free to check out first 5 examples that I played at 60,80 and 100bpm HERE.

Let me know if you got any questions!

Pedja
Storm Linnebjerg
Here are the assignments. I had to split them up to get it to work, for some reason. I also suddenly get that annoying crackling sound, and I don't know what is causing it. It goes away if I reinstall both webcam software and sound card again, but then it comes back after one restart.

Exercise 1, 2 and 3

Exercise 4

Exercise 5

Exercise 6

Exercise 7
Pedja Simovic
Great work Ben!
Well done with all the exercises, you nailed down 90bpm on all of them.
Small correction for you - check out exercise 3. You ended it earlier than you were supposed to. Other than that, excellent work man. Keep working on these and keep pushing tempos!

New assignment will be uploaded tomorrow most likely.
Storm Linnebjerg
Oh, I see that now. I admit to having only looked at the first bar and thought it was the same as exercise 1. Hahaha.
Pedja Simovic
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 18 2009, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, I see that now. I admit to having only looked at the first bar and thought it was the same as exercise 1. Hahaha.

smile.gif
I like how you did the slow bend on exercise 5 , that was very cool!
Storm Linnebjerg
Thanks! I thought it would fit the exercise smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
It did quite nicely actually, well done Ben smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
Ben we are moving onto your 2nd assignment this month. Focus is on Sweep picking now.

2nd assignment due October 26th.

- Work on 5 sweep picking examples, record them (audio and/or video) and post them here.
- Use tempos provided in Guitar pro file as a guide for final tempo.

Let me know if you have any questions! I shall upload videos of myself playing those examples today and will post them here for you as well.

Pedja

P.S. Try to play examples using original tempo in guitar pro. If you have trouble with those let me know and I will drop the bar a bit smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
Ben check out examples in this thread HERE

Feel free to do tempos that suit your needs!
Pedja Simovic
Ben, how is assignment coming along?
Let me know if I can help in any way!
Storm Linnebjerg
Too pressed with exams and such, too little time. I will probably get some time when I'm done with this assignment (ahem, university-assigment).

I know I'm late on this, but I will try and put up a video as soon as possible. It might not be at the speeds you've put up though.

If you want, you can post new assigments for me to work on, or you can wait. :-)
Pedja Simovic
Feel free to post tempos you are comfortable with Ben. I will post your last assignment for October today. Hopefully you will complete 2nd assignment soon as well smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
Ben we are moving to your 3rd assignment for this month. We will focus on triads this time !

3rd assignment is due on 4th of November.

- Record a full lesson of mine Triads in a major scale part 1.

Here is a link for the lesson HERE

Let me know if you have any questions!

Pedja
Pedja Simovic
Ben could you please complete your assignments so that I could lock this thread and open a new one for you in November?
Let me know if you need any help.

Pedja
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.