Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gigs
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Pedja Simovic > General questions (Pedja)
Pedja Simovic
Last night I played a gig with another guitar player and singer Oliver Katic. He got very famous in Serbia through show called "Ja imam talenat" which means I got talent. We played rock pop blues and some jazz standards in a packed bar in my town. Everything went fantastic, audience loved it, I am very pleased with performance how we interacted and I shall perform with him more in future. Duo gigs are in line along with some band that we plan to organize together so stay tuned.
On the other side I am starting to do my solo gigs again. I have one lined up in the city hall in my town for some famous company that is in charge for medication all across the world. This gig is on 12th and I will play rock blues evergreen and jazz standards. Will try to get some videos in future for you guys from those gigs so you can see and hear what I am doing currently.

Stay tuned !
audiopaal
Very cool mate smile.gif
Good luck with your gigs!!
Pedja Simovic
Thank you Paal. This will be great project. I finally feel I found talented, professional and hard working musician to work with in my town. On top of that he has great people skills and can book a lot of gigs in whole Serbia which is always a good thing biggrin.gif
Hopefully we will do another gig next week and I will try to get some video from that gig to post it here.
Pedja Simovic
I just found out my tomorrow's solo gig has been canceled due to whole virus h1 thing in Serbia. Schools are closed and they plan to close all sorts of public gatherings. Hope this will resolve soon smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
Great news guys!
I just booked 2 gigs per week for a whole month in advance (8 gigs total). It will be all solo guitar with backing tracks, one day with Jazz repertoire and another day with Rock Blues and Evergreen classics. Everything starts on following Thursday (19th of November). smile.gif
Sensible Jones
Good news indeed Pedja!!!!!
biggrin.gif
Pedja Simovic
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Nov 15 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good news indeed Pedja!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks Jones, I think so biggrin.gif

I am getting the band with singer songwriter I talked about earlier. If that goes well, I will have at least 3 steady gigs a week with the band which will be awesome both financially and musically as it is all pop based repertoire biggrin.gif
Pedja Simovic
Solo gig went great I played 3 sets from 9pm to 12 with 3 brakes of 10-15 minutes between sets. The place was packed and audience reacted really great to improvisation, especially solo guitar arrangements. Next gig is on Monday where I will play some more rock blues oriented tracks with 2 Eric Johnson tunes (Manhattan and SRV). smile.gif
Sensible Jones
Excellent stuff Pedja!! good to hear!!
biggrin.gif
Emir Hot
Great news Pedja. Post something on youtube I would love to see it.
Pedja Simovic
Thanks a lot guys. Another good news... I booked a duo gig tonight for tomorrow in very famous hotel in my town called Aleksandar. I will perform with Oliver Katic, 3 hour gig, 2 and a half hour active playing with total of half hour brake smile.gif
So I am basically playing tomorrow then Sunday I have some things to do and Monday another gig, Tuesday another one Wednesday rest and Thursday another gig. So its looking pretty good next week smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
Gig went well last night and now I have a whole day to rest relax and recharge my energy for tomorrows performance. I will also prepare repertoire 2 sets with backing tracks and one set with loop station later today.

Here are some pictures from Thursdays performance smile.gif
Emir Hot
Great pictures Pedja smile.gif Any videos?
Pedja Simovic
Thanks Emir. I didn't take any pictures or videos. This is from people that run the place and do marketing through facebook. I think in some future they will do video of some performance but we might also make some audio material compilation of tunes for some future gigs and clients. Right now this is all there is I think.
Emir Hot
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Nov 22 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Emir. I didn't take any pictures or videos. This is from people that run the place and do marketing through facebook. I think in some future they will do video of some performance but we might also make some audio material compilation of tunes for some future gigs and clients. Right now this is all there is I think.

Next time take the camera and record at least one song smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 22 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Next time take the camera and record at least one song smile.gif

Yeah I might take my camcorder and have it recorded on Thursday smile.gif
The whole management of the place is very professional and have connections with a lot of TV, Radio stations, performing places, musician directors... On my first gig there was a lot of famous people in music industry from my town. Some even came from Belgrade to hear me play. I definitely look forward to make some future arrangements with them regarding professional promo material smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
This is great Pedja, I'm glad to see your music career is advancing! smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
Thanks Ivan smile.gif

I had a solo gig on Monday that went really well considering it was Monday night and there is really nothing going on in Nis at that day. Place was semi full around 60 people I would say, so a good show up smile.gif Last night I went to a gig from Oliver Katic and I played 2 tunes with him (he insisted I couldn't say no so...) crowd loved it , great times. Tonight I am opening some sort of Literacy club in my town with solo performance and then later will play with Katic 2 pieces. Tomorrow is my solo jazz gig which I really look forward as I will use wireless thing for cabling and repertoire is now all set in stone and organized smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
Guys last night was my 8th solo gig at the place I perform. Great news is that I am continuing to perform there Monday and Thursday every week and I have made another arrangement with the owner. Last night we brought a camcorder (which had low battery unfortunately) and filmed around 15 minutes of my first set. I edited and posted 9 clips on Youtube, I am posting those links here, hope you like it and enjoy it.

Pedja

"Boze Pravde"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC1kgkBKRUs

"James"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56ix5NLMavs

"Chez Fernand"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XacdKU5oeK0

"Over the Rainbow & The Entertainer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iZMHZY2aTI

"Love Romance"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1PrC4AlNeI

"Lament"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MtfIAr89ao

"All the things you are"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHmsMTwz72w

"Solar"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOBHlWBPTFQ

"So What"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJU99arbswU

Pedja Simovic
I posted those on my facebook account today and people seem to most like Solar.

Pedja Simovic
Guys I am going to Austria for 4 days. Going with Serbian singer Oliver Katic to do a concert in Vienna . I will be there between 14th and 18th of April, see you when I get back. In the meanwhile I will try to do some video chat with you guys.

Pedja
Pedja Simovic
Fantastic time in Vienna, 2 gigs in 4 days, lots of great people and positive energy. I am sharing 2 clips that were taken at the rehearsal. Consider them as just messing around as we didn't play any of that in actual concert.

This one is with Zoran Dimic, Jazz guitar student studying in Vienna. We meet him a day before the concert, had a great jam in one bar !!! We decided there and then that we should include him to perform on concert. We just did one rehearsal and this was pretty much it (couple of hours before the concert). I hope you enjoy this clip, it was recorded with camera not camcorder so the audio quality is not perfect but you can get a very good idea of what was happening.

Second clip is around 1pm at our host's home, warming up with Oliver Katic (the main guy, the star ! smile.gif. We played some blues and our good friend Nevena Kragic, photographer recorded this little clip.

Hope you enjoy these clips. I will post some new clips as I get them from Nevena Kragic.

Pedja
Pedja Simovic
Another clip from Vienna. This one is from the gig we did day after the actual concert. Song is called "Kao tempera". Great melody and harmony in this song. I did guitar fills and improvising. First time I have played that song so it was all done by ear of course. Anyways, hope you enjoy it!

Staffy
Cool Pedja, I liked everything about it (except the sound quality... wink.gif ) Oliver has a very nice voice, and the tune sounds like some balkan blues. smile.gif
And ofc. good playing & singing!

//Staffay
Pedja Simovic
QUOTE (Staffy @ May 11 2010, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool Pedja, I liked everything about it (except the sound quality... wink.gif ) Oliver has a very nice voice, and the tune sounds like some balkan blues. smile.gif
And ofc. good playing & singing!

//Staffay

Thanks Staffay !
This was recorded with camera not camcorder and you can imagine now why the sound quality is not great. Oliver was singing backing vocals here, the guy singing the main melody is actually singer and guitar player in that band smile.gif I did chords and fills through out the song with solo of course. I like the feel of the song a lot. I got this clip today from Nevena Kragic, she was taking pictures and making videos without us knowing when she was doing all that.
You must have figured out harmony already, minor blues more or less with secondary dominant chords wink.gif

Pedja
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.