Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guitar For Young Guy?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Kizaze44
Hey there,

My 10 year old son is very interested in my guitar lately. I was thinking of getting him an electric guitar for X-Mas. Any ideas? How about the Ibanez Mikro?

-Kizaze
Emir Hot
When I was 10 I used to play normal size guitar. It was biger than me but I managed smile.gif That Ibanez is not a bad solution
Marc_Maiden
i have actually found that children do better on normal sized guitars than the smaller scale ones. it gets them used to a real fretboard faster eliminating that transition stage.

10 years old isnt THAT young, in 2-3 years he will be big enough to play a full sized electric, so might as well get him used to technique and finger stretching of a real guitar.

thats my opinion at least smile.gif
Santiago Diaz Garces
You should get any Ibanez Gio. They are cheap and great for starters!
Ivan Milenkovic
I recommend a full sized guitar, don't worry he will manage it. But, if you plan to be a surprise, I advise against it. You can do it, but leave the option of replacing the guitar. I think best would be to go into store and let him choose what suits him. It should be relatively light and comfortable for playing.
Kizaze44
Thanks for the advice, guys! Shopping this weekend.
Daniel Realpe
there are some guitars that are smaller that a regular strat,

check out the Van halen one

http://funguitars.blogspot.com/2008/01/new...-van-halen.html

And I think the JP ernie ball is pretty small too,

hey, can I be your son?
Kizaze44
Sure, I already have 4 kids, what's one more?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.