Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mtp Cv Ruben
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Pedja Simovic > MTP (Pedja)
ruben_mcn
Hi Pedja,

I´m glad that we can finally start the MTP tongue.gif

So I started my journey with the guitar 4 years ago (more like 3).

During the 1st I got my first acoustic guitar with it I tried to learn chords and how to strum but I soon got bored cause I wasn´t improving has I wanted to so I left the guitar in the corner of the room until the 2nd. Year... This year I moved from one school to another and while sign up in my school I noticed the had an guitar teacher there so I immediately signed up =) ...During this year I played mostly acoustic (with no pick) learnt lots of chords, learnt how to get into the rhythm and such things .. At the end of the year I got a squier telecaster and a line 6 15w during the summer I started to get used to picking the strings with a pick and not my fingers... At the beginning of the 3rd Year I went to a music school (in witch I´m still today) where I started to learn electric guitar and music theory.. I learn how to use the pentatonic scale to improvise, how to pick the strings correctly and after 2 months there I got the hang of it I could use the pentatonic nicely I could move my fingers fairly quick... ( I noticed that within these too months I could play was well or better than friends I had that played for an year or so ).. but at the same time I continued to learn acoustic / classical guitar with the guy from my school that taught me the year before this one.. during this year I played in 2 bands one that only played acoustic and another more into hard rock / metal did a couple of gigs got a feel of how it was to be on stage and I loved it at the end of this year I had my first audition where I had to play by my self in front of an audience I was the complete opposite of playing with a band (I was scared has hell my fingers barely moved ..) and the in 4th year of learning that started a few months ago I really got serious about music I´m studying hard (Music theory) and it is helping me a lot I can see thinks that I never tought of before I´m practicing a lot more trying to improve my playing every day ..

Sorry for the big introduction: P

So with the MTP program there are a lot of things that I´m looking forward to .. such as:

- I would like to learn how to improvise/solo better I know the Pentatonic scale and pentatonic blues scale and I can improvise with them, but I fell like sometimes it lacks felling It doesn´t sound has good has I want it to sound ..one of the things I notice is that I have problems moving from a box to another if they have boxes in the middle (for instance going from box I to box IV) cause I can´t see the box in my head .. if I´m in one box I can improvise nicely in it and move nicely to the box at its right and the box at its left but if I make bigger jump it´s hard (don´t know if you are understanding what I´m trying to say xD) another problem I find while improvising is the not knowing what to do next I can improvise nicely for like 1 minute after that I start running out of ideas (maybe I need to learn more licks that I can use latter on my improvisation ??) Resuming I have some problems with my phrasing..

- I would also like to improve my techniques (In my opinion this is essential in order to get some nice soloing so I think this is more important than the first topic) such as Bending / Vibratos ( I sometimes feel like I don´t have strength to do my vibratos ..the bends aren´t that bad smile.gif) alternate picking (got some issues when string skipping I can keep the up down up down going on and I would like to solve this =) and also improve my speed of play) another technique that I would love to learn is sweep picking cause I really like it but I haven’t been able to learn it yet and maybe you can help me with it =) ..

Music Style:

I basically like anything that was a guitar but if it has distortion even better tongue.gif but still the styles I´m more into are Hard Rock , Bluesy stuff (just love those sweet blues when I can improvise like B. B. King I will be in heaven ) , Metal ( not that much into the very heavy growling stuff.. I like Metallica , Pantera , Motorhead, Megadth, ozzy , Black label society..kinda like the easy listning metal tongue.gif )

My influences:

Slash is one of my biggest influences say what you want but I just love his way of improvising and it affects my improvising style smile.gif... B.B. king his style of improvising also affects my style a lot... There´s Jimi is there anyone who isn´t influenciated by him?? .. Zakk Wylde just love is fast runs and thrills...

So where is everything I could remember... If you need anything or don´t understand something .. let me know =)
Pedja Simovic
Fantastic Guitar CV Ruben, thank you very much for putting time and effort into it.
We will get started tomorrow with your 1st assignment, I very much look forward to see your pace and feel for the assignments !
ruben_mcn
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Dec 2 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fantastic Guitar CV Ruben, thank you very much for putting time and effort into it.
We will get started tomorrow with your 1st assignment, I very much look forward to see your pace and feel for the assignments !

Looking forward to it .. =) cya tomorrow
ruben_mcn
I forgot to mention that i am being influenced by Paul Gilbert, Steve vai , yngwie malmsteen, Marty Friedman .. It is cause of this and some other guitarrists that I want to increase my speed of play ... =) but this doesn’t mean I just want to be a full time shredder and do nothing but shredding in my solos/improvising.. I want to be able to sheered nicely when I fell like shredding / need to shred but at the same time I want to make some nice melodic solos =)

And i was thinkin maybe some leggato (pull off hammer ons ) workout would hellp develop speed to don´t you think ??
(this doesn´t need to be done in the MTP i can do it by my self =) )
Pedja Simovic
We will cover legato in MTP as well, no worries Ruben wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.