Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classical Style Collaboration
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Collaborations
Daniel Realpe
Uploads thread smile.gif
Berglmir
You wanted bends? You got bends! biggrin.gif
Had quite some difficulties with the transition from first to second part (->G#), but I hope I managed somehow! tongue.gif

Looking forward to your feedback!
Cheers
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (Berglmir @ Jan 3 2010, 07:38 PM) *
You wanted bends? You got bends! biggrin.gif
Had quite some difficulties with the transition from first to second part (->G#), but I hope I managed somehow! tongue.gif

Looking forward to your feedback!
Cheers

I gave it a quick listen! I like many things!

Although I can't hear the backing too well.

No worries, I can mix it some more on the final mix.
Berglmir
Thanks for your quick reply - I´ll try to make a better mix so that the backtrack is more audible. I think recording/mixing is also part of the task in a collab so let me try this! wink.gif

And here it is:
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (Berglmir @ Jan 4 2010, 10:51 AM) *
Thanks for your quick reply - I´ll try to make a better mix so that the backtrack is more audible. I think recording/mixing is also part of the task in a collab so let me try this! wink.gif

And here it is:

I think that's much better. And I also think that the note you used on the part where it modulates really works well! very Brian May-ish!
Berglmir
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 5 2010, 12:59 AM) *
I think that's much better. And I also think that the note you used on the part where it modulates really works well! very Brian May-ish!

Wow! Thanks! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Daniel Realpe
I'll give more detailed comments on the final mix
Sensible Jones
I'll have mine posted in the next couple of days! I've been having some fun with this, especially now I don't have any Latency problems!! It makes so much difference!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 5 2010, 08:03 PM) *
I'll have mine posted in the next couple of days! I've been having some fun with this, especially now I don't have any Latency problems!! It makes so much difference!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

man, playing with latency is the worst thing in life tongue.gif

I haven't tried it myself but I'm sure a Brian May-ish type of thing would come out or maybe Michael Romeo-ish
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 6 2010, 03:24 AM) *
I haven't tried it myself but I'm sure a Brian May-ish type of thing would come out or maybe Michael Romeo-ish

If it was you playing (or even them) then I'm sure it could be used to great effect!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Unfortunately we're talking about me!!!!! tongue.gif

jafomatic
This one was a little difficult, but fun. After ~40 takes, I think I got something solid enough. I hope smile.gif

Solo
Full
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Jan 7 2010, 05:19 AM) *
This one was a little difficult, but fun. After ~40 takes, I think I got something solid enough. I hope smile.gif

I like it mate!!!
I'm struggling a little with it too. I started off trying it as just 2 sections, then divided it down to 4 which works but I'm finding it hard to make the transition over the modulation sound 'smooth'!
huh.gif
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Jan 7 2010, 06:19 AM) *

Solo
Full

I like it!

It has a vibe I didn't expect
NoSkill
Oki doki! Here's my take. I hope you like it.

Daniel Classical Collab WithBT
Daniel Classical Collab NoBT
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Jan 10 2010, 03:23 AM) *
Oki doki! Here's my take. I hope you like it.

Daniel Classical Collab WithBT
Daniel Classical Collab NoBT

nice take! I'll write detailed comments for the final mix.

Why don't you guys use the uploads inside GMC?
NoSkill
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 11 2010, 08:32 AM) *
Why don't you guys use the uploads inside GMC?

I do sometimes, but I keep an online repository of all my stuff and after I had a really slow upload, I decided to just link it.

Cheers!
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Jan 11 2010, 04:41 PM) *
I do sometimes, but I keep an online repository of all my stuff and after I had a really slow upload, I decided to just link it.

Cheers!

ok I see
Ivan Milenkovic
I'm just in time for this collab, it was fun! smile.gif

methodseeker
Time's up! And here's what I've got. I really like the backing track, but had a lot of trouble working out something for it. The interesting stuff I could hear in my head was way beyond my technical ability. Someday smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 16 2010, 01:17 AM) *
I'm just in time for this collab, it was fun! smile.gif

very nice! thanks for the upload! I'll have more comments soon! smile.gif

QUOTE (methodseeker @ Jan 16 2010, 07:30 AM) *
Time's up! And here's what I've got. I really like the backing track, but had a lot of trouble working out something for it. The interesting stuff I could hear in my head was way beyond my technical ability. Someday smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

thank you! I'll have the final mix and comments soon!
Sensible Jones
I'll definitely have mine posted in a couple of hours or so! Sorry about the delay Daniel!
biggrin.gif

Here they are. I'm not totally happy with this take. I had a much better one but when I finished playing I realised that it hadn't recorded! mad.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 16 2010, 05:29 PM) *
I'll definitely have mine posted in a couple of hours or so! Sorry about the delay Daniel!
biggrin.gif

Here they are. I'm not totally happy with this take. I had a much better one but when I finished playing I realised that it hadn't recorded! mad.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I'm taking a listen right now. I hate when that happens , heheh, no worries. I'll comment soon on the final mix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.