Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fender Warranty Service
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
fkalich
For the second time, Fender has replaced a neck for me at their cost. The first was a Tele with a maxed out truss rod adjustment. This time the blame was mine, on my Strat. I stripped out the truss rod nut, which on a Fender is a pain, you can't get to the nut without drilling out the plug at the head. But there were some questionable issues about the neck, so they agreed to just replace the neck at their cost. I bought the guitar 3 years ago.

Fender is pretty good about supporting the product, at least on their American product. I have heard they are not as good on the cheaper lines, but you get what you pay for. I promised them never to adjust the truss rod again on one of my fenders.
Jerry Arcidiacono
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jan 4 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the second time, Fender has replaced a neck for me at their cost. The first was a Tele with a maxed out truss rod adjustment. This time the blame was mine, on my Strat. I stripped out the truss rod nut, which on a Fender is a pain, you can't get to the nut without drilling out the plug at the head. But there were some questionable issues about the neck, so they agreed to just replace the neck at their cost. I bought the guitar 3 years ago.

Fender is pretty good about supporting the product, at least on their American product. I have heard they are not as good on the cheaper lines, but you get what you pay for. I promised them never to adjust the truss rod again on one of my fenders.

Great to hear this.
Adjusting truss rod can be problematic sometimes...
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jan 4 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Was your promise the condition or...

smile.gif
Just kidding mate, great to hear that they replaced the neck, every company should do it.
Fran
Good to hear, I wish all companies were the same!
Praetorian
I love Fender! That is phenomenal customer support!
jafomatic
Ask NoSkill about his "What strat?" or rather "White Strat" sometime. Hopefully he'll tell the still-ongoing tale.
Bogdan Radovic
This is very good to hear! How long does warranty last for Fender guitars (american ones) ??? I'm not quite sure, but it really cool that they replaced the neck after 3 years (and it wasn't broken when you got the guitar).
Sensible Jones
That's pretty good Customer Service!!!
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.