Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Daughtry
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Luciana Segovia (Singing Instructor)
BM
Hi,

I have a question. This is the first time I've left a question on something other than guitar so I hope I am clear with it.

The other day I was trying to cover one of my favorite songs: Crashed (by Daughtry). Like lots of people I sing with the music playing and I always thought I was on key or that I sounded pretty good. But when I recorded myself singing the song I discovered I wasn't very good...at all.

Seeing as I now know I need to work on my singing, what can I do to improve my singing in that style? (Like Chris Daughtry)

Thank you for all your advice

Connor L
Luciana Segovia
QUOTE (BM @ Jan 21 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I have a question. This is the first time I've left a question on something other than guitar so I hope I am clear with it.

The other day I was trying to cover one of my favorite songs: Crashed (by Daughtry). Like lots of people I sing with the music playing and I always thought I was on key or that I sounded pretty good. But when I recorded myself singing the song I discovered I wasn't very good...at all.

Seeing as I now know I need to work on my singing, what can I do to improve my singing in that style? (Like Chris Daughtry)

Thank you for all your advice

Connor L

Hi Connor!

Well, every little thing it helps to develop a great voice. Did you see my lesson on this site? did you try someone?
put on the searcher my name and you'll see a lot of singing lessons.
Do you want to know something special about singing?? or you are talking in general?
BM
Luciana,

No I hadn't looked at any of the lessons, but I will do so soon.

I guess my main question would be how to develop a stronger voice with a better range. I sing in a metal band and the expectations for vocals aren't as high. I do "snarling" vocals which I adopted from my favorite band.

When I cover songs though or when I write rock songs I would like to have a good singing voice. Controlled, good range, strong, etc. So that is what I am really looking at.

By the way, if you have access to Facebook, my band has a page and I recently covered the song Hero by Nickelback. I do the vocals on the track so if you want an idea of my singing capabilities you can give it a listen. The band is called Megido :-)

Thanks!

Connor

QUOTE (Luciana Segovia @ Jan 28 2010, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Connor!

Well, every little thing it helps to develop a great voice. Did you see my lesson on this site? did you try someone?
put on the searcher my name and you'll see a lot of singing lessons.
Do you want to know something special about singing?? or you are talking in general?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.