Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muy Tarde Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Gabriel Leopardi
Fran
Hey Gabriel, as you know I love your song "Muy tarde", could you do a lesson on that song?! cool.gif
JVM
I just wanted to pop in here and mention that I was hanging out at my girlfriends house last weekend and I noticed she had a couple of Cirse songs on her computer. I figure since I've been here at GMC for such a long time, it was probably me that gave them to her, but not true. When I asked if the one who gave them to her was from Argentina she was amazed at my psychic skills biggrin.gif
Fran
QUOTE (JVM @ Feb 8 2010, 07:49 PM) *
I just wanted to pop in here and mention that I was hanging out at my girlfriends house last weekend and I noticed she had a couple of Cirse songs on her computer. I figure since I've been here at GMC for such a long time, it was probably me that gave them to her, but not true. When I asked if the one who gave them to her was from Argentina she was amazed at my psychic skills biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Cool story smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Fran @ Feb 8 2010, 03:28 PM) *
Hey Gabriel, as you know I love your song "Muy tarde", could you do a lesson on that song?! cool.gif

Consider this done!

QUOTE (JVM @ Feb 8 2010, 03:49 PM) *

Wou! This is so amazing JVM! Thanks for sharing this story. I feel so proud to know that our music is heard in other countries!
Crazy_Diamond
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 8 2010, 04:01 PM) *
Consider this done!

Allright ... That would be really cool .. cool.gif
Fran
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 8 2010, 10:01 PM) *
Consider this done!

Awesome!! Thanks Gabriel smile.gif
Gitarrero
I was just about to make this request as well.
Gabriel, I just bought your album on itunes and it's great! I hope there'll be a second album soon.
zen
Not only do I wanna learn to play this beautiful song ... but i also wanna make an attempt to sing it ... If Gab and Luciana permit .. smile.gif .. Got english lyrics? smile.gif
Gitarrero
Hey zen,
check this thread ( http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=33428 ) ! So obviously, there are some english lyrics around. Gabriel will surely send them to you.
zen
smile.gif thanks man, ya i just remembered that one but I dont have a band to sing it with sad.gif .. so might need the backing track too .. It's QUITE a challenging song to sing, in my opinion, i must admit but i think i can do it if i practice for some time .... What do you say Gabriel ? smile.gif
kaznie_NL
Zen, check this out:

and the thread: http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry459695

We covered it in English, reason for the bad performance is in the thread tongue.gif

So I have the English lyrics here, with some improvements form the original ones, and we played this song biggrin.gif I'm proud of that tongue.gif haha.
Gabriel Leopardi
Hello Guys! Thanks for the nice words about the song! smile.gif

I definitely would love to listen to your versions of the song! Singing it or playing it on guitar! I will work on the guitar lesson as well as our version in English! It would be awesome if Kaznie could post here his modified version of the lyrics. biggrin.gif

I think that I could post later the karaoke of the song if you are interested...

We are recording our second album right now. Drums have been recorded and we are going to record bass today. Our plan is to record this album in both languages so we have a lot of work to do!

Here you have some photos from the Drum Session.

Click to view attachment

Luciana (Vocals) - Me (GTR) - Ziva (Bass) - Gero (Drums) - Fabian Lavelli (Drum Doctor) - Martin Herrero (Recording engineer)

Click to view attachment

Tama Starclassic

Click to view attachment

Gero & Fabian
Crazy_Diamond
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 10 2010, 02:04 PM) *
We are recording our second album right now. Drums have been recorded and we are going to record bass today. Our plan is to record this album in both languages so we have a lot of work to do!

This is awesome Gabe.... I can't wait for the album to be out...
Fran
Cool pics Gabriel, I'm sure the new album will RoCk! smile.gif
kaznie_NL
English Lyrics are here!!!
I'm not permitted to upload .docx files, so here it is in text:
TOO LATE

Wheeeeeeeeen
I see you
I am at loss
All excuses that you make, make you disappear and.....

Ayyyyyyyy
It's too late again
to come back home
Every gesture of your love
Is there something not enough?

Let me see
When you walk towards me I say
Look at me
When I turn around you I say
Once again and once again,
I leave everything in place so
I leave every breath you take
It’s late, too late now, too late now.

And if I loose you, day by day
Even if you think I know the name of your great loneliness.

Let me see
When you walk towards me I say
Look at me
When I turn around you I say
I leave everything in place
I leave every breath you take
It’s late, too late now, too late now.
Gabriel Leopardi
Great!! Thanks guys! wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Cool pictures Gab, drumset and the first picture with lots of snares is cool! smile.gif
zen
Awesome pics Gab, that drum setup looks great smile.gif .. maybe you can have a little teaser of your new album released soon wink.gif .. Is it heavier or softer than your previous work? in terms of sound/ compositions/ feel etc?

I'll start looking at the english version of Muy Tarde... Kaz .. those english lyrics are confusing .. how did your vocalist pull it off smile.gif .. It's a difficult one to sing.. I'll disect it properly later ...

Seems like we have our little Muy Tarde fan club going on here, love it laugh.gif laugh.gif ...
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (zen @ Feb 11 2010, 04:00 AM) *
Awesome pics Gab, that drum setup looks great smile.gif .. maybe you can have a little teaser of your new album released soon wink.gif .. Is it heavier or softer than your previous work? in terms of sound/ compositions/ feel etc?

I'll start looking at the english version of Muy Tarde... Kaz .. those english lyrics are confusing .. how did your vocalist pull it off smile.gif .. It's a difficult one to sing.. I'll disect it properly later ...

Seems like we have our little Muy Tarde fan club going on here, love it laugh.gif laugh.gif ...

I found that the lyrics made prety good sense! Just try to sing along, wasn't to hard. The only sentence we wanted to change was the last one of the bridge, because that one doesn't make sense tongue.gif But we had no time for that in the end, and no good alternative.
Gabriel Leopardi
Thanks guys! Well, regarding the new album... we think that it reflects the power that the band has live. We feel that bi-polar is a great album and we are very proud of it but it's more quiet, it has many ballads and slow/acoustic sections. We love that style and we really enjoy working on that type of songs at the studio but when we play live we enjoy more playing the more powerful songs. The new one is more rocker, faster but we keep the sense of melody on the songs. We are very happy with the new songs and we think that it's like an evolution of ourselves. We use to explain this in this way: we took the rocker/power side of bi-polar and develop it! smile.gif I'm sure that I'll create a thread to share all the composition, pre production, recording, mixing & mastering process. BTW you can ask me here all the things that you want to know about this process.

We have to create the facebook "Muy tarde" fans group! laugh.gif laugh.gif
zen
Sounds great Gabriel .. looking forward to it smile.gif

I do have heaps of mixing and mastering questions but I wont pollute this thread with it.. I'll ask you in another thread later on. Let this be only for Muy Tarde...

You should take a lot of video footage from your recording sessions, not only pictures since you can use it later on to create an awesome "The making of ...." smile.gif

How do you pronounce "Cirse"? And what does it mean ? smile.gif
I'm sure it's not "Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe" laugh.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
laugh.gif laugh.gif no.. that's not the meaning.. the real meaning that we give to Cirse is the name of this flower...

Click to view attachment

and we composed our first album's cover art with some parts of it.

Click to view attachment

We feel that the bipolarity of this flower represents the bipolarity of our music and style... that's why pur album is called Bi-polar.

Regarding all the technical aspects that you want to ask about our albums you can open a new thread that could be called Cirse at the studio or something like that where we can discuss it and I can share photos and videos if you like the idea.
rokchik
Can't wait for a "Muy Tarde" lesson Gabriel smile.gif and also can't wait for the new album!!!

a sneak peek would be great wink.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Thank you Susan! smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
hey guys! A guitar player from Argentina called Leandro Celleri recorded this instrumental version of Muy tarde! Check it out!

http://www.mediafire.com/?tmntqirqkzl

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.