Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Hints About Taxes That Will Get You A Lot Of Your Money Back
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Marc_Maiden
Well, this is mostly for you who have kids in college or are in college. (in the USA)

do not forget to claim tuition for taxes. The government will refund you your tuition, and books/supplies.

example: you spend 300 on tuition, and 500 on books, you should get $800 back for that.

now here is something you do not know.

You are entitled to getting money for school supplies as well! this is only for the 2009 (this tax season) and 2010 (next tax season) tax seasons.

now here is the cool trick!

Laptop = School supplies! so you could get credited back for your laptop.

now check this one out,

If you are a music major/minor,

you can write off musical instruments as a school supply. Get money back for that $800 american strat because you use it for your music classes!

so those of you who qualify, this is the year to take advantage of that!
Ivan Milenkovic
This is pretty awesome, and thanks for sharing this useful info. I wish in Serbia things were similar (only wishes tho laugh.gif )
Bogdan Radovic
This seems interesting and I'm sure many people don't know about these things...
Crazy_Diamond
Nice tips man ... I could be usefull for a lot of person but not for me I guess since I do not live in the US and I do not study in music laugh.gif
Staffy
Well, the Tax-government here in Sweden have no mercy either, but I managed to withdraw 1000 flageolets a' 1$ each for 10 years when I was working as a musician...... biggrin.gif

//Staffay

EDIT: Ooops, should'nt have said that, maybe they are reading my post right and coming after me, accusing me for breaking down the health insurance system.... *paranoid*
Ivan Milenkovic
What's a flageolets Staffay? smile.gif
Staffy
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 10 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's a flageolets Staffay? smile.gif

Oh, sorry, its a word for pinch-harmonics on classical guitar..... thought that it exists in English too.
Santiago Diaz Garces
I'll definitly move to Usa!! Hahah
Staffy
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Feb 11 2010, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll definitly move to Usa!! Hahah

Well, You are welcome in Sweden too!!! I'll bet our stupid tax-inspectors will do some tax-reduction for sweep-picks, pentatonics and 100 gallons of fretboard oil as well.... laugh.gif
Daniel Realpe
that's one terrific tip,

thanks for sharing
Adrian Figallo
woaaa, in times like this i hate south america.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.