Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intemperatecontrol - Rock Ballad Solo
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
intemperateControl
Original Lesson URL : http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ck-ballad-solo/

Hi guys. Even if I could play this solo as good as Emir - I can not, it wouldn't sound the same with my poor recording equipment.
But I really enjoy playing this tune and appreciate the talent and skill that went into creating it - in fact I'm overwhelmed with all
the great material all you guys put up on GMC and wish I could play it all just as good as you guys. Guess that would make me great.
Ha! Anyway, I did a number of takes using different tones and effects but think this one sounds the cleanest - even though some of
the more distorted takes sounded cooler in a weird way, I thought the cleaner tone might be preferable for you guys to judge my
playing as it is for now so here it is. Happy grading... smile.gif

My Gear:

Guitar: Michael Kelly HEX XT w/ Rockfield Mafia Pickups
Computer: Dell Latitude Laptop
Backing Output: Polk Audio PC Speakers, ZMEX 2-M 60
Video: Canon A590 Power-Shot Camera
Software used: Canon Software and/or Windows Movie Maker
Effects: V-AMP 4 adjustable tones
Ivan Milenkovic
Very good take. I think this lesson posed quite a challenge on you, and you sure covered it well. However, I think there are many too runs that need a lot of work on. I believe you should spend more time on this lesson, to polish up those faster parts. Everything else was very good.
Gerardo Siere
Nice take, you should check more carefully those bendings and the vibrato, some are out of tune. Another shing is the rhythm of the last note of each phrase before jumping to the next onem it is very important that you have in your mind clearly how you are going to end a phrase and then goes to the next one. Here it sounds kinda randomly playing for those phrase endings. biggrin.gif
Emir Hot
I remember I gave you detailed comment about this one. This is not a bad take but still some things you need to be aware of. Never start the phrase before the previous bar finishes. You're rushing too much with many runs. Sometimes even for a whole quarter note before the actual starting point. Vibrato is getting better but also needs more control. I am sure you can sound perfect with this one soon just keep polishing those weak points. Good work.
skennington
Good job man and almost there, 7 on this take.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.