We continue our work for April in this thread. Since I will be away for 4 days, I have decided to post all the assignments for you in advance this month. If you have any questions about them write in this thread and I will try to respond as soon as possible.
Here are the assignments for April!
Assignment 1 :
Jazz standard, melody and solo
- Pick a Jazz standard of your choice and record yourself playing melody one chorus followed by one chorus of solo.
- Tempo is your choice and you can also choose to record background music anyway you want it or even use already existing backing tracks (Aebersold or Band in a Box for example).
- Try to do everything in original key as it was written in the real book!
- Some suggestions for easy to intermediate Jazz standards : Blue Bossa, Blue Monk, Straight no chaser, All the things you are, Autumn Leaves, All of me, Take the a train etc
- Submit audio of your work but video with audio is also very welcome for this assignment.
Assignment 2 :
Interval series Diatonic 3rds
- Record (at least) audio of yourself playing Interval series - Soloing Diatonic 3rds lesson found HERE
- Use the backing track provided below
Assignment 3 :
Arpeggio study in Bb major scale
- Record (at least) audio of yourself playing Arpeggio study in Bb major scale lesson found HERE
- Use the backing track provided bellow
Assignment 4 and REC :
Jazz licks II-V-I in D major
- Record video of yourself playing Jazz licks II-V-I in D major lesson found HERE
- After you record it, submit it in this thread as well as in REC for grading (make sure to include voting poll)
- Use the backing track provided below.
Deadline for all 4 assignments and REC is 30th of April!
Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.