Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tip Of The Day #54
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Instructors Corner
Bogdan Radovic
Go to a music store and experiment with fx, cabs, heads, until you find what works for you.
Santiago Diaz Garces
I think this is specially for the ones that are starting to get involve in the guitar world
Ivan Milenkovic
It's definitely a good advice. I like doing this today even, and always learn something new along the way.
Marcus Siepen
Very good advice, specially for people that are still looking for their sound and don't really know how to get it, try as much gear as you can.
Zsolt Galambos
Very good advice. I had a sound in my head that I was looking for, and trying out various heads and cabs + effects helped me much.
Todd Simpson
This is great advice. So many times I hear from students who HATE the gear they bought on the internet because folks just told them it was great. They get it home and can't stand it. Same for guitars, software, etc. ALWAYS try something out in a music store even if you have to drive a bit, if at all possible. And don't let the guy at the guitar shop plug the guitar you are thinking of buying in to a Marshall Stack if you play through a 10 watt combo at home. It's just not going to sound the same once you get it back to your place.

Practice!
Todd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.