Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kaznie_nl Mtp Thread - June
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > MTP - The Mentored Training Program
Adrian Figallo
Hey Kaznie_NL!

it is nice to have you on my group of students for this next MTP phase, can you tell me somethings about you?, full name, guitar level, what equipment do you have, etc?

my MTP is very personalized so i would need a recording, a video if possible, to see how are you playing actually, and i'll give you 1 task per week, again, a recording is important so i know where to start smile.gif

i hope you enjoy good rhythmic and rock n roll cause you will be playing it a lot wink.gif
kaznie_NL
YEAH! New mtp, I like that smile.gif You can see my previous mtp here:
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=35084

here's my latest video (for MTP)

Gearwise, I use an Ibanez SA08 with Pod Farm and some cheapo camera wink.gif Shooting videos is fine, but it's not something I'd like to do daily or weekly, just because it consumes a lot of time! Technique wise, I'm somewhere in the5-6 lvl area.

Just call my Kaz, that's my name smile.gif

I love Rock'n Roll, and I hoped to combine some lead playing with some rocking riffs smile.gif

I'm excited and waiting smile.gif

Kaz
Adrian Figallo
Hey Kaz!

i see where you wanna go!!, let's see exactly where you are, this is, and probably going to be the first task for all my students:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Rock-Rhythm-Variations/

Please record yourself playing the whole number, again video is better.

Don't let the "level 2" trick you, if you don't have a rhythmic base it will show biggrin.gif, wanna see how is your overall timing, beat, and groove keeping, the last one for is not about playing in perfect timing, but playing "with the music".

Have fun trying to remember all the parts in order, i had to do my homework when i recorded it wink.gif.

Again, it is a pleasure to have you on board!

And yeah its the same post for everyone at this stage biggrin.gif but i do mean that is a pleasure to have everyone of you on board!
kaznie_NL
Here's the backing Adrian, I'll upload my take tonight smile.gif
kaznie_NL

smile.gif It's in the REC as well.
Adrian Figallo
Wohooo!
very very good man, it is very good overall, but this give me an idea of where to start with you my brother.

i feel you got a very cool groove technique, but we have to make your right hand softer... you won't believe how good is to develop a good rhythmic for lead parts, look at mr jimmy page or jimi hendrix, they both were amazing rhythmic guitar players, and that shows!!

now buy a big afro wig, put your SA in single coil mode smile.gif, and get the funk up!

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Funky-...-Rhythm-Guitar/

you are a pretty good guitar player, so i will show no mercy with you and will ask for full lessons (with lower level students i just ask fragments)

play that funky music white boy wink.gif
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Jun 3 2010, 07:38 PM) *
Wohooo!
very very good man, it is very good overall, but this give me an idea of where to start with you my brother.

i feel you got a very cool groove technique, but we have to make your right hand softer... you won't believe how good is to develop a good rhythmic for lead parts, look at mr jimmy page or jimi hendrix, they both were amazing rhythmic guitar players, and that shows!!

now buy a big afro wig, put your SA in single coil mode smile.gif, and get the funk up!

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Funky-...-Rhythm-Guitar/

you are a pretty good guitar player, so i will show no mercy with you and will ask for full lessons (with lower level students i just ask fragments)

play that funky music white boy wink.gif

Well, It's not my favorite lesson here on GMC, I'll be honest, but I do like funk and I want to get better at it, so this is a cool oppurtunity. I was almost finished this lesson: http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...-rhythm-lesson/ but at some point I stopped practicing it sad.gif
wink.gif
kaznie_NL
Update: I can now play the full lesson and it's not boring at all, it's really cool to play tongue.gif I love the funky vibe smile.gif It's prety easy, but I'm sure we'll end up on a higher level a bit later. I have a competition tomorow and I probably won't have guitar time sad.gif Saturday is also planned from 7 in the morning untill 3 in the night so again, hard to find time smile.gif Luckily there are no plans for sunday and the rest of next week is just school and free afternoons so plenty of time smile.gif I have band practice on wensdagy, the band formed a week ago smile.gif
Adrian Figallo
hey bro!, nice!!, i'm glad that now you like it!
take your time, we are ahead schedule here smile.gif, sunday-monday would be perfect.

congrats on your band man!!
Adrian Figallo
btw here is the backing track, how is it going smile.gif?
Click to view attachment
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Jun 8 2010, 07:46 PM) *
btw here is the backing track, how is it going smile.gif?
Click to view attachment

It's cool man smile.gif I'll get a nice take in this weekend smile.gif Band practice was really cool yesterday, but we need a singer tongue.gif Right now I'm doing vocals, just as a practical filling of the vocal lines, but I suck at singing tongue.gif haha
Adrian Figallo
hey man, i said the same like 5 years ago tongue.gif, give singing a try, it is an amazing experience to sing your own songs smile.gif
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Jun 10 2010, 06:14 PM) *
hey man, i said the same like 5 years ago tongue.gif, give singing a try, it is an amazing experience to sing your own songs smile.gif

I try all the time tongue.gif haha, I seem to have a real tiny vocal range sad.gif And I have a problem starting in the right key tongue.gif When I've found the right key and the song is in range then it's okay smile.gif
kaznie_NL
Sounds something like this atm smile.gif I forgot to play the outro build up dry.gif lack of concentration tongue.gif
kaznie_NL

Two things... I was so busy remembering how the "classic funk" part went, I used it in the main riff as well dry.gif I only found out afterwards, I hope it's no problem man! Also, I forgot to mention your name in the video, I did mention it a few times in the description, just let me know if you want your name in, I'll reedit the video then smile.gif

I also just uploaded this:
Adrian Figallo
hey man, like the overall take!, i feel it a little bit rushed tho, like a lot the tone and the intention!
you need to keep working on rhythm playing, the right hand NEVER stops, remember that always!

i feel you will like this lesson more, record the full thing!

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Muted-...-Rhythm-Guitar/

you are doing great man, i also saw ur stairway to heaven solo, we will get there, but you are playing lead great, we have to attack the rhythm now!
Adrian Figallo
btw, the BT:Click to view attachment
kaznie_NL
Here it is for reviewing smile.gif not yet in REC, will be later ;-)
Adrian Figallo
hey kaz!

that's a great take man!, very good rhythm here!!
all the notes are correct, and all the groove is right too, now i need we need to work on the intention when hitting the strings, if you hit them harder you will get:

more crisp tone
more harmonics
more gain without mid mud

for the next aggressive songs like this one, try to hit em harder, also note that you have to improve your left hand muting strings technique cause you will have more unwanted noises.

again, very good take!!
kaznie_NL
Then what will be my next task?
Adrian Figallo
Hey kaz, new assignment here!
you proved to be a pretty versatile player, you got good rhythmic chops, and i feel like you are looking for your own tone, so let's try something different this time, without leaving the rhythmic playing.

as suggest you to hit the strings a little harder to squeeze more gain out of that guitar!

go for the whole thing including the solo:
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/KISS_on_Fire/

pretty much straight rock n roll here, hope you like KISS, also do you think you can play that solo?, is not as easy as it looks biggrin.gif

BTClick to view attachment
kaznie_NL
Cool! Solo shouldn't be a big problem, I'm going to need just a litle more time to learn this I think, just since it's a longer track smile.gif

I also have the problem that it's so bloody hot in my room that I'm not always fond of playing guitar, just because I'll have to play with sweaty hands ><

and a question... I'm in a band with one guitar, drummer and bass. We're looking for a singer (male prefereably), but for the moment I sing, although that only makes our quest for a singer more important laugh.gif Can you give any cool songs for that? One guitar is limiting smile.gif

We now have as favourite songs
Vertigo - U2
Sharp dressed man - zz top

so that's the genre, energetic, cool riffs tongue.gif
Adrian Figallo
take your time bro!

a power trio is always FUN man, i suggest you to play:

-ZZ Top, sharp dresses is fun, but listen to "what's up with that" or "rythmeen", great blues songs.
-ALL green day albums are great and super fun.
-the police is good but hard to sing.
-maybe a stone temple pilots song--
-blink 182

edit: and jimmi hendrix man!!, foxey lady or hey joe!
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Jun 24 2010, 11:30 PM) *
take your time bro!

a power trio is always FUN man, i suggest you to play:

-ZZ Top, sharp dresses is fun, but listen to "what's up with that" or "rythmeen", great blues songs.
-ALL green day albums are great and super fun.
-the police is good but hard to sing.
-maybe a stone temple pilots song--
-blink 182

edit: and jimmi hendrix man!!, foxey lady or hey joe!

Yeah it's big fun, but rehearsels kinda suck when you only ave six songs which you've already played for two 4-hour rehearsels tongue.gif And we definately need another singer, I love it, but I'm just nog a good singer tongue.gif For now I'd definately ruin it, since we all play our instruments prety ok, but we can't sing xD I'll be a happy second voice tongue.gif singing and playing is much more, makes things less boring tongue.gif For instance we played Green day's When I Come Around, but man that's boring with a seperate singer, it's the same easy riff all the time tongue.gif And as a trio you are prety limited in song choice, because a lot of songs that we like require two guitars sad.gif
kaznie_NL
The heat is unbareble here... 30degrees celsisus might be normal for you, here it's not tongue.gif In my room it's probably quite a bit warmer and I just can't play in this heath! Now it's mainly acoustic....
Adrian Figallo
hey kaz, no worries dude, but we need that take like asap, it is already july and i gotta start a new MTP cycle!
kaznie_NL
Can we skip this one and go to July? I've already done three REC entries, so no problem there!
Adrian Figallo
i think that would be the best, but i can't sad.gif, GMC tells me to make 4 tasks a month and then start next month, the student gotta finish the current month to be able to continue.

you can deliver it in the next 2-3 days without problems smile.gif
kaznie_NL
Hmm I'll do a crappy take then. I thought one final task was ok? but I guess you're right then. Kinda stupid, I feel like I should always try to deliver the best I can but now it's the fasttest I can.... And I have test week at school, awesome planning ><

Well, I'll just have to get to it, I'll finish it!

greetz!
kaznie_NL
I know it's not great, but due to a broken pc, heat, school's test weak I had troubles puting more effort in this tongue.gif It's not in YouTube or REC, because the quality of recording isn't good enough I think smile.gif
Adrian Figallo
Thanks for the last take kaz!!
Here is a small summary of this past month:

On the first assignment you proved to be a pretty good guitar player already, but i saw that you needed to work more on your rhythm chops, you still need more accuracy here.

Overall a great take, almost perfect.

For the second assignment you really record a wonderful funky tone, the song was layed OK, some mistakes here and there but i like that you improvised quite a bit over the track (or maybe you didn't memorized it biggrin.gif), anyway, good take!

A very impressive take on the third assignment, i really really really like this one, almost perfect, but you still need some accuracy on the picking to make all the notes pop clearly!

And i just saw the fourth assignment, you didn't really played the song i made, BUT, you played your own thing and that's even better man, i see the you have some resources, and that's the most important thing.

Your next assignment is to play that solo note by note perfectly, i know you can do it.

Here is one of your many mtp takes:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=35679

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.