Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Superize Mtp Therad
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Lian Gerbino > MTP (Lian)
Lian Gerbino
Hi man! this gonna be our mtp thread for June. I've read your introduction.
so, I will be posting your first assignment soon.
thanks for choosing me as your mentor! smile.gif
superize
I just thoght i would say that one thing i would like to work alot on are sweeping
Lian Gerbino
well man, here's your first assignment. if you agree, this month we gonna focus on techniques.
as you asked for sweeping, I've chosen this lesson for you. as first assignment it doesn't care now if you are not able to play it at full speed. so, find a tempo you feel comfortable with, and let me see how are your skills on this technique.
as you can see, below the "Final Take for..." there's no link now. there, after your first assignment, I will select a lesson you will have to work on this weeks in a side of the weekly assignment. so, this final lesson, will be a goal to reach during the month and this take must be upload to the rec program in representation of an ended phase, in this case, June phase.
any questions are welcome, and have fun!

Assignment 1
Sweeps_Major_and_Minor
Final Take for REC Program

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/strato...ced_by_visions/
superize
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 4 2010, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well man, here's your first assignment. if you agree, this month we gonna focus on techniques.
as you asked for sweeping, I've chosen this lesson for you. as first assignment it doesn't care now if you are not able to play it at full speed. so, find a tempo you feel comfortable with, and let me see how are your skills on this technique.
as you can see, below the "Final Take for..." there's no link now. there, after your first assignment, I will select a lesson you will have to work on this weeks in a side of the weekly assignment. so, this final lesson, will be a goal to reach during the month and this take must be upload to the rec program in representation of an ended phase, in this case, June phase.
any questions are welcome, and have fun!

Assignment 1
Sweeps_Major_and_Minor
Final Take for REC Program

I have worked on this before so it wont be a big problem
superize
Do you think you can post the backing for the sweep lesson
Lian Gerbino
done! the bt is above. smile.gif
superize
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 9 2010, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
done! the bt is above. smile.gif

Awsome i will record it very soon
superize
Here is my sweeping video

I recorded it with my webcam but its not really fluent so if youwant i can record with my webcam to get a better picture
Lian Gerbino
very cool take man! it's very well played. only a tiny mistake on the minor part, but nothing really important. if you are able to re-do this with a better cam, do it. it will let us watch to your hands better. but, if it's a problem, don't worry about to do a new take.

Assignment 2
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-lesson/

here's the new assignment.
personally, I think that difficult 3 for this lesson is not correct. but, anyway this lesson will be very useful now.
I'm only ask you for the 2 first pattern (all 2 strings and all 3 strings sweeps) at a tempo you feel comfortable to play along. it's not important the speed now.
in you want to go any further feel free to do it, but concentrate on what I asked mostly.

also, I added your final take for this month, so, you can start practising it.
this lesson is not that hard, but it has many techniques in there and also, a lot of expression to work on.

have fun practising!
superize
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 11 2010, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very cool take man! it's very well played. only a tiny mistake on the minor part, but nothing really important. if you are able to re-do this with a better cam, do it. it will let us watch to your hands better. but, if it's a problem, don't worry about to do a new take.

Assignment 2
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-lesson/

here's the new assignment.
personally, I think that difficult 3 for this lesson is not correct. but, anyway this lesson will be very useful now.
I'm only ask you for the 2 first pattern (all 2 strings and all 3 strings sweeps) at a tempo you feel comfortable to play along. it's not important the speed now.
in you want to go any further feel free to do it, but concentrate on what I asked mostly.

also, I added your final take for this month, so, you can start practising it.
this lesson is not that hard, but it has many techniques in there and also, a lot of expression to work on.

have fun practising!

I have been working alot on that lesson so i already know the patterns....

As for the final REC take: I have already posted that lesson in the rec so i think it can be a problem
Lian Gerbino
ok man, we are on the way to change it, just Pm you a while back asking about it.
how's the assignment 2 going?
superize
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 15 2010, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok man, we are on the way to change it, just Pm you a while back asking about it.
how's the assignment 2 going?

I can do the 2 and 3 string at about 120 bpm(2 string a bit faster)

I will do a video for you with only 2 and 3 string and the one with the whole lesson
superize
Here is a video of 2 and 3 strings shapes at 120 BPM (i think)

superize
It has now been a week since i posted my take on ass 2
Lian Gerbino
so sorry about the delay man, I've watched it many times, and it's perfect. both hands are working well, so here's what's going on:
since you have posted lots of takes from many lessons, I'm preparing for you a lesson focused on your sweeping level, trying to take you a step forward. I don't want you playing lessons you already played. and also, I think you are doing a great job with the guitar, so I really want you improve a lot in this MTP.

in about 20 minutes your next assignments will be up smile.gif

Lian!
Lian Gerbino
well, here we are...
I've created for you this kind of sweeping exercise focused on one of the Luca Turilli's ways to play this technique.
mixing triplet notes with 16ths notes you'll find yourself sounding shredy without much notes. you have to focus on to play every note in its place.

I've uploaded 3 bts (110-130-150 bpm) being this last one a goal to reach. anyway, if you need an slower BT just ask.

as an extra, you can rec the powerchords for this bts to make the assignment more interesting.
and also, you'll be training your ear.
if you don't have enough time to do this, don't worry, and just use the bt as it is right now.

have fun!

Assignment 3
superize
This looks awsome i will start working on it when the football game ends
Lian Gerbino
cool! glad you like it... btw, the file named ...SAMPLE... is the one has all the lines sounding, so this will help you to understand better the assignment.

have fun!
superize
I have now put in some simple powerchoirds in the rythm...

This is what it sounds like with th sweeps.(Still working on the sweeps)
superize
here is also a videoat full speed.

I was really on a role tonight

Lian Gerbino
yeah! that was fast!
very good take man, you are improving fast on sweeps man. congrats wink.gif
since you are a hard-worker, I'm gonna ask you for one more vid of the assignment 3 only with metronome.
I want to hear those sweeps totally clear. the synchro of the last vid was not the best, so, I can listen to it good, but when I'm watching it, it looks weird. nothing really important ok, don't get me wrong.

here is the assignment 4

I prepared for you this exercise focused on 2 string sweeps which is related with your final assignment for the rec program at the end of this phase.
so, in this one, I want you adding powerchords and drum lines to this etude. smile.gif
here, we are paying attention on the 3 most common shapes for sweeps on two strings: mayor shape, minor shape and diminished shape.

have fun man, and also, start to work on your final assignment. I've already added it above.

assignment 4
superize
Here is the third assignment played with the Metronme

Just saw the final Rec assignmen:

That will work great i have been working on it the past few days so i got it pretty well covered

could you please post a backing with no guitars. Want to do both rythm and lead
superize
Ok Lian i am done with the backingtrack

I couldent put a bass line in it cause i dont have a bass vst or a bass
Lian Gerbino
QUOTE (superize @ Jun 26 2010, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is the third assignment played with the Metronme

Just saw the final Rec assignmen:

That will work great i have been working on it the past few days so i got it pretty well covered

could you please post a backing with no guitars. Want to do both rythm and lead

cool, thanks for add this take with metronome. you learn fast! this sweeps look cool and fluent. perhaps you can clean them a bit more, but maybe you have too much drive on your sound.
anyway they are really really good wink.gif

btw, I will upload that bt in short.

QUOTE (superize @ Jun 26 2010, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok Lian i am done with the backingtrack

I couldent put a bass line in it cause i dont have a bass vst or a bass

this is awesome man!!! so f*** tight! congrats!
wanna a bass line from me? I can write it here and send you a waw file for your project. just tell me how your project is configured. I mean 44.100, 16 bit? or ... you tell me
superize
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 30 2010, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cool, thanks for add this take with metronome. you learn fast! this sweeps look cool and fluent. perhaps you can clean them a bit more, but maybe you have too much drive on your sound.
anyway they are really really good wink.gif

btw, I will upload that bt in short.

this is awesome man!!! so f*** tight! congrats!
wanna a bass line from me? I can write it here and send you a waw file for your project. just tell me how your project is configured. I mean 44.100, 16 bit? or ... you tell me

It would be great if you can make the bass

the configuration was 44100 and 32 bit

As for the assignment this one is a bit tricky and i got some problems when moving to the next chord and the diminished arpeggio is hard
Lian Gerbino
ok, I will make the bass right now and also the BT without guitars for the other assignment.

about the take, you always can post an slower take, but I'm not hurry, so if you think you will get it soon, we can wait smile.gif
just keep me updated!
superize
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 30 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok, I will make the bass right now and also the BT without guitars for the other assignment.

about the take, you always can post an slower take, but I'm not hurry, so if you think you will get it soon, we can wait smile.gif
just keep me updated!

I can play it full speed but not as good as i want
Lian Gerbino
that was what I imagined wink.gif so, practice, practice, practice... there's no more to do.
I'll come back soon.
Lian Gerbino
here's the bass line man!

and BT added for your last assignment.
superize
Great.....

i will most likely be able to get it done over the weekend
Lian Gerbino
cool, looking forward it! have fun practising!
superize
Ok Lian here is the stratovarius lesson

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry489169
superize
Here is the 4 th assignment played with the backing

This one was very hard for me to do and i had problem when moving to another position and the diminshed arp was hard to do...

I will do a take with the metronome later tonight
Lian Gerbino
QUOTE (superize @ Jul 3 2010, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well man, as I wrote on the REC, this take was really awesome!
you really did a great job on this one.

QUOTE (superize @ Jul 4 2010, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is the 4 th assignment played with the backing

This one was very hard for me to do and i had problem when moving to another position and the diminshed arp was hard to do...

I will do a take with the metronome later tonight

this one went well too man. it's not perfect, and I'm sure you'r not completely satisfied with it, but this take had a lot of positive things:
first to all: you have done the Bt. this is a really important part of become a musician, it's about to be able to compose your own stuff.
second: the rhythmic guitar blown me away! that take was very tight! and you earned some points there! be sure wink.gif
third: your take was pretty good. you told me that the 3rd shape was a little tricky, but you managed it well.
would be great to get a new take just played with metronome, but I see no reasons to finish this phase and fall into the new one wink.gif

well man, thank you so much for take this MTP so seriously. we will continue on a new thread for the second part of our MTP.

keep practising!

Lian!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.