Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup (football!)
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Gus
Yup! World cup is starting again! biggrin.gif

What are your guesses? I think we will finally see the final Brazil x Argentina.

Since I was a child the world cup song for me is "Pra Frente Brasil", which means "Let's go forward, Brasil"
Here is Angra version with a nice guitar style of course cool.gif

Translation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Football_Songs
Pedja Simovic
Great thread!
I will be watching all the games, or at least try to. I expect Serbia to pass the group with Germany perhaps, then kick out England or USA in quarter and then in Semi finals get lucky and win, final with Brasil/Argentina/Germany/ !

smile.gif
SubbedChris
Awesome!! I will also be watching all the games! I hope Greece gets a satisfying place this time tongue.gif
superize
I will watch as much as possible
Keep_Rocking
QUOTE (Gus @ Jun 10 2010, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup! World cup is starting again! biggrin.gif

What are your guesses? I think we will finally see the final Brazil x Argentina.

Since I was a child the world cup song for me is "Pra Frente Brasil", which means "Let's go forward, Brasil"
Here is Angra version with a nice guitar style of course cool.gif

Yesss! biggrin.gif I'll be watching!
Gabriel Leopardi
Yeah! I'm very anxious for this world cup!! I think that Argentina vs Brazil in the final would be fantastic! smile.gif
Gitarrero
I'll be watching...still not sure what our german team can accomplish, but I hope they make it to the semi-finals and then anything is possible...but I guess Spain and Argentina are the top favourites, as well as Brasil.
Rik Veldhuizen
Oh, come on.... be realistic here... Of course the finals will at least have the Netherlands.... biggrin.gif!! vs Argentina btw
ZakkWylde
Boy am I not interested in football at all^^
I am glad the worldcup is only once in four years - everyone is going nuts!
Bogdan Radovic
I will be watching the matches a lot! smile.gif Hope Serbia will do well smile.gif
Gitarrero
QUOTE (Rik Veldhuizen @ Jun 10 2010, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, come on.... be realistic here... Of course the finals will at least have the Netherlands.... biggrin.gif!! vs Argentina btw

I always think that you are gonna make it, since you've got the best players...but be realistic... tongue.gif

QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jun 10 2010, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boy am I not interested in football at all^^
I am glad the worldcup is only once in four years - everyone is going nuts!

Yeah, though I like football I'm already annoyed by all the flags on everybody's cars...I'm always afraid one is gonna crack my front shields when it suddenly flies off on the highway.
rokchik
I'm really looking forward to the World Cup. I know us Canadians are not known for being big football fans, we much prefer hockey smile.gif However having a Grandfather from Ireland (damn Thierry Henry and his handball!! smile.gif ) I was very much brought up with football although it was hard to see a game on TV.

The usual favourites are there but for some reason I'm kind of feeling Argentina this year. I'm not an Argentina fan per say but they've sent their best and they look good... just need to side step the Maradona show... then again with him at the helm they are anything but predictable smile.gif

Good luck to all and I'm sure we'll be entertained!!

rok
MickeM
I will be watching as many games as humanly possible smile.gif
Praetorian
Did anyone see the early game of Japan vs. England? Japan scored two goals...on themselves!! ohmy.gif
Lester
Let me just quote an Hawaiian saying that resembles my opinion perfectly and the state of current soccer teams out there:

"If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much" tongue.gif
stratman79
Argentina... nah can't see it, not with Maradona as coach, don't get me wrong without a doubt one of the (if not the) greatest players of all time but hasn't he fallen out with Messi?

Brazil, prob not this time...

England to much pressure, depends how Rooney plays..

Holland will be there or there abouts but think they'll fall just short.

Spain thats my bet..
Rik Veldhuizen
in any way... really looking forward smile.gif. I've placed my bets, let the games begin...

oh, for those who would like to know the dutch way, check out my youtube page (my youtube) tongue.gif. As Lester said, if it ain't dutch, it ain't much cool.gif
maharzan
Rooney reminds me of Pedja.. wink.gif

I am watching it right now.. opening.. smile.gif
guitarX
nice intro cool.gif
don't like the guy his voice :l
Pedja Simovic
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jun 11 2010, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rooney reminds me of Pedja.. wink.gif

I am watching it right now.. opening.. smile.gif

Haha thats funny cause you are not the only person that said that! At least 30 other people who follow football said the same.
Check out Freddie Ljungberg and you will really see how we look alike!
Like check the following 4 links :

biggrin.gif
Gus
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 10 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah! I'm very anxious for this world cup!! I think that Argentina vs Brazil in the final would be fantastic! smile.gif

In that case I just hope you are not luckier than me tongue.gif

Just watched the first game. Awaiting the second now cool.gif
rokchik
Watched both games today. Was so routing for RSA, wish they had a pulled out another goal. And I was a little disappointed that France drew with Uruguay but enjoyed both games immensly... although those vuvuzela's make it sound like the stadium is under attack by an agree swarm of bees...

Looking forward to England and the USA tomorrow. Routing for England in this one I must admit, hope Rooney has a good game smile.gif
maharzan
LoL Pedja.. smile.gif But you do look like Rooney smile.gif
NoSkill
I'm confused by this game. Where is the ice, and where are their sticks?
superize
It will be interesting to see what Argentina can do today
zen
Aha .... the world game ... Following it this year.

As long as they don't fake dive and act/cry like little bi!@#$s for a freekick/penalty ... that's just lame smile.gif
Lian Gerbino
less than 15 minutes for our first game, can't wait more!!! XD
I think we got a great team this time, but in this game, fortune has so many faces...
Gitarrero
Just watching right now...man Lian, the argentinian team plays awesome...I mean, I thought they would do so, but still I'm amazed!
SubbedChris
QUOTE (SubbedChris @ Jun 10 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome!! I will also be watching all the games! I hope Greece gets a satisfying place this time tongue.gif

As I foresaw,the results of today's match are satisfactory laugh.gif
Lian Gerbino
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 12 2010, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just watching right now...man Lian, the argentinian team plays awesome...I mean, I thought they would do so, but still I'm amazed!

and we are not playing well yet!
Gabriel Leopardi
Argentina won!! I'm so happy! smile.gif
Pedja Simovic
Argentina has Messi in form which is great! Huguain is out of shape, same thing goes for Tevez, but Messi will lead the way no doubt smile.gif
Gitarrero
Well, they started better than they played the rest of the game...they could have won 5 - 0...
fkalich
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 12 2010, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Argentina won!! I'm so happy! smile.gif

I don't watch TV at home, but was at my Sister's house. Enjoyed the Argentina Nigeria game. I was for Argentina because of you guys, I don't know of anyone from Nigeria.

I liked the US England game. England has better players, but the US played good defense after the first 4 minutes, and they have a really good goal keeper, so they hung in. Pretty good for us.

I think the English are mostly down, but a lot of times teams start of slow. They might go a long way. I will be happy if the US gets out of the first round. But some of those teams have the athletes (such as Argentina), and maybe you get lucky, but I am realistic, you can't get lucky enough to go to the final rounds unless you have the top athletes, and we don't.
superize
I really enjoyed watching the Netherland-Denmark game.....

And i manage to get the right score on my bet so i also won some money from it
Jesse
Meh, the dutch played weak... they can do much better, or maybe they can't. I feel bad for S poullsen who got the own goal, it wasn't his fault, he headed the ball away and it bounced of some other danish dude's back!
superize
Paraguay is currently leading over Italy 1-0 after the first half
Gitarrero
Is it just my imagination or did the german team play the best football so far tongue.gif
superize
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 14 2010, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it just my imagination or did the german team play the best football so far tongue.gif

they sure did.... But they scored one goal to much..

My bet was 3-0
fkalich
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 14 2010, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They looked that way to me.

I have just taken an interest in this, of course not the traditional top sport in the US, but I have enjoyed it, for the first time in my life.

Except for those obnoxious buzzing things the South Africans do. I was glad to see that is just them, you don't all do that. In my life, I have never seen fans so annoying, and in a way that has no coolness to it at all. Just a constant drone like a swarm of bees. I don't think those fans are even watching the game. I think they are just like little kids playing with a loud toy, annoying everyone. I like great fans, and crowd noises. Like when the English fans burst into God Save the Queen to inspire there team, that was neat, and you could see the team was inspired (fortunately not inspired enough though). But having to listen to an annoying drone like a swarm of bees by an audience with the po dunk 83rd ranked team in the world? They would not even be there if they were not hosting, they should not be annoying people like that. Just obnoxious. I understand this started in the 90's. A sacrosanct tradition, right.
zen
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 15 2010, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quit braggin .. will ya ? smile.gif
Gitarrero
QUOTE (zen @ Jun 15 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quit braggin .. will ya ? smile.gif

I'm so sorry... tongue.gif
superize
New Zealand managed to get on point from Slovakia in the last minute
Power_Arctica
Great match between Paraguay and Italy yesterday! Not too much football, but they played with the heart, like a final!
superize
Check out my new World Cup chair

Gitarrero
Awesome chair! I was so happy when New Zealand scored the 1 - 1, I have a faible for underdogs (except when they play against Germany). btw, I thought Portugal vs. Ivory Coast was going to be an awesome game...but no...
ItsMe
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 15 2010, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome chair! I was so happy when New Zealand scored the 1 - 1, I have a faible for underdogs (except when they play against Germany). btw, I thought Portugal vs. Ivory Coast was going to be an awesome game...but no...

Great that I can't watch because of work. I hate it if I missed a good match smile.gif
Power_Arctica
What a suprise!! Switzerland defeated Spain
chast
QUOTE (Power_Arctica @ Jun 16 2010, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed, just watched it aswell.
I kinda had the feeling that Spain wanted to score with 'beautiful looking goals'. Did anybody else have the same feeling?
Fran
QUOTE (Power_Arctica @ Jun 16 2010, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, they defended very well... Spain is playing much worse than they did in the last Eurocup, they didn't attack well and didn't defend specially well either. Hope they change hehe smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.