Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let Me Introduce Myself:)
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Introduce Yourself !
Durk
Hi there, GMC-ers!

My name is Dirk-Jan, i'm 20 years old, live in the Netherlands. I study computer science at the technical university of Delft.
I've been playing guitar for about 4 years now, of which i've been taking lessons the last year, at the local music school. Today I've received a letter from this music school that they're going to raise the fees because of the financial crisis blabla... they almost doubled it!
So, that's why I immediately did what I was planning to do for some time: subscribe to GMC!

Furthermore, I play in a melodic metal-band called Incease. We mainly play self-written songs, inspired by bands like Killswitch Engage, Alter Bridge, Metallica etc. Pretty much a Killswitch-heavy guitar sound combined with a rather clean clean/lightly distorted voice:)
Which doesn't mean i'm a complete metalhead! I also love to play blues, jazz, classic rock, steve vai kinda-stuff etc.

What I hope to achieve here at GMC is a tighter playing technique (crucial in the band), more understanding of music theory and learn new skills like sweeping and so forth...

hope to see you around in this community!
Bogdan Radovic
Welcome to GMC Dirk-Jan! I'm glad you joined us. Make sure you use all the resources available - forum, REC, Collabs + lessons. You will learn a lot fast.

See you round the forum! smile.gif
Sollesnes
Welcome smile.gif
Gitarrero
Welcome to GMC!
Fre
Welkom Dirk-Jan!
Veel plezier.
Daniel Realpe
Welcome man, I'm pretty sure you are going to find what you need here!
Durk
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 20 2010, 03:33 PM) *
Welcome to GMC Dirk-Jan! I'm glad you joined us. Make sure you use all the resources available - forum, REC, Collabs + lessons. You will learn a lot fast.

See you round the forum! smile.gif

thanks man, i'll make sure i check out all of the possibilities:)
Fran
Welome Dirk-Jan, GMC will help you achieve those goals for sure smile.gif
Lian Gerbino
welcome to the site man! smile.gif
audiopaal
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

Hope you like it here!
Ivan Milenkovic
Welcome to GMC man, you came to the right place! If there's anything we can do to help - let us know! smile.gif
Vasilije Vukmirovic
Welcome Durk! smile.gif
Jerry Arcidiacono
Hi Dirk-Jan and welcome to GMC!
alvaroshredd
Hi and welcome my friend.I signed up at GMC about 2 month ago and are very happy with it, hope u enjoy it as much as me wink.gif
Cheers
Stephane Lucarelli
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif
Aleksander Sukovic
Welcome to the site Dirk-Jan smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.