Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tapping.
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
fgdvir
I was wondering if there is somewere a good tapping lessons(or a series) ?. I searched in the search engine and I couldn't get the result I want..

p.s
I did go to old lessons of kris but there I learned only how to tap, I mean the technique of tapping. but not so much how to combine when improvising..

thanks a lot
Nighthawk1
QUOTE (fgdvir @ Jul 22 2010, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was wondering if there is somewere a good tapping lessons(or a series) ?. I searched in the search engine and I couldn't get the result I want..

p.s
I did go to old lessons of kris but there I learned only how to tap, I mean the technique of tapping. but not so much how to combine when improvising..

thanks a lot

Hm, there are plenty of lessons about tapping. Not only the technique but also melodic tapping when improvising for instance. If you type tapping into the search engine you get 158 matches.
del-4fr53e3
When I improvise with tapping, I usually think of it as an extension of my left hand. smile.gif Perhaps it would be good to practice it when thinking chord notes and arpeggios smile.gif
jafomatic
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Jul 22 2010, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I improvise with tapping, I usually think of it as an extension of my left hand. smile.gif Perhaps it would be good to practice it when thinking chord notes and arpeggios smile.gif

+1 for this approach. Also of note, there are several "application" lessons in the search results. I highly recommend Joe Kataldo's lessons for this particular technique:

http://gmc.my/search/tapping/#lesson=2;forum=1
Conrad Harpham
hi
i'm in the middle of doing a series entitled" tapping applications"....
you can see the first 2 in the series, and TA3 is due out shortly. I hope they help. to find them search using my name - conrad harpham
cheers
Daniel Realpe
This is one tapping lesson I made,

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Race_C...String_Tapping/
fgdvir
I just got back from Bulgaria(I didn't have internet access there) and I saw all of your comments. so thanks!!.. I will start looking. and I really like the tip to look at it as an extention for my left hand..

and Conrad Harpham I will be looking forward to learn from your tapping series..! I have to more month to practice guitar and I hope more lessons of this series will come out!.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.