Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics Of My Guitars
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
JamesT
Hey Everyone,
Well, the other day I cleaned up my room and got everything spruced up for some company that we were having and I got to thinking that I've never really taken pictures of my guitars. So I got out the wife's digital cam and grabbed a few shots. She says that I'm getting carried away, but really I think she is kind of glad I have this passion instead of drinking and watching too much TV. Oh well, as I get older and richer, I guess I might not be getting wiser.But I don't think I'll can ever stop getting a new one every few years.

A man can never have too many guitars ... and pairs of sunglasses I guess cool.gif ...

Here's a few picks that I thought I'd share with all my friends at GMC who might understand these things. smile.gif
Enjoy...

Here's my new baby. The nearfields are awesome. Very versatile, but not quite as versatile as the Custom 24. Working with my amp now to get the best tones I can from this beauty...
Click to view attachment

You guys have seen this one a zillion times, but this photo shows off the color and the brazilian rosewood...
This one is a 2006. I can't believe I've had it four years already...
Click to view attachment

Everyone loves a Les Paul. I got this one in 1990. I really haven't played much (crazy huh?) I kind of favored my Ibanez for years even when I first got him so he didn't get much attention. He's a beast though. A monster. Everytime I plug him, I get my butt kicked with the fattest tones in the western hemisphere.
Click to view attachment

Here's a pretty good shot of all my electrics. The Ibanez on the right I got in 1987 right after Joe came out with "Surfing with the Alien". It's a 540 model and the one Joe sponsored before Ibanez made the first JS model. I love this guitar. Probably cause it goes back the farthest. It definately has more stage time than all the others. Finally, on the left in this shot is my Strat. It's definately growing on me. You guys may remember that I did the paint job my self. You can tell, I shouldn't quit my day job just yet to become a Luthier. tongue.gif It was a good concept, but the execution wasn't perfect. I think I'm already wearing through the nitro, you can see where the "cloudburst" is a little ragged. I might re-do it someday when I get bored (like that's ever going to happen).
Click to view attachment

Check out the maple flame on the headstock of the new SAS. It really lights up nice. This isn't even the greatest picture and you can tell how awesome it is. The back of the neck is just as nice. Gonna have to do some SRV sounding stuff and maybe even Laslo's new "Modern Blues" might be a lesson well suited for this guitar...
Click to view attachment
maharzan
Beautiful!
Todd Simpson
Nice Collection! I agree, you just can't have too many guitars! One good turn deserves another, here is a pick of some of my favs in my own collection.
Click to view attachment
Todd
Berglmir
I saw the first picture (the red PRS) and my jaw hit the desk in front of me - it´s beautyful!!!!
Very nice collection you got there - if I would not be a "One Guitar Only Guy" (I also have just one bike, one car, one wife and one kid tongue.gif ) I would aim to get exactly YOUR collection!

Congratulations mate!!
del-4fr53e3
Wow, that red one is stunning!
Dejan Farkas
Nice collection there, I like the new beauty smile.gif
Fusar
Man, I'm green with envy laugh.gif I should come to you, you own my favourite guitars smile.gif I've always been blown away by this PRS Design. If I buy a new guitar, it'll be a Les Paul, and last but not least, a Satch-Ibanez is always a pleasure biggrin.gif
Fran
Wow it looks awsome, love the headstock and the red flamed body. Nice pics of the rest of your guitars too! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
That's a monster collection man, really great. Take good care of them! smile.gif
thefireball
Awesome - here's my stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.