Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Máté Nagy
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Máté Nagy
Mate Nagy
Hi guys !

Here you can ask me about anything ! smile.gif
Techniques, Improvisation, Gear, Playing live, Practicing, Lessons, whatever . . .

Later I'll create subtopics if nessesary...

alvaroshredd
QUOTE (Mate Nagy @ Aug 9 2010, 09:33 AM) *
Hi guys !

Here you can ask me about anything ! smile.gif
Techniques, Improvisation, Gear, Playing live, Practicing, Lessons, whatever . . .

Later I'll create subtopics if nessesary...

Hi mate!!

I was with Guitarrero talking in the chat about Zakk´s farewell ballad solo and we wanted to ask you if you could make a video lesson of it!
it would be awesome!
Cheers!!
Gitarrero
Yeah, that would be really cool!
SirJamsalot
Old topic, but I'd like to hear your take - how do YOU go about composing, then recording a song? Do you begin with a progression, then add a drum backing, then add lyrics as a complement to the song, or have a lyrical idea in mind, then come up with a progression and drums to complement the tune you have in mind? Or do you have another approach. I know every song generally comes about in a different way, but I'm curious how you approach / most common method for filling out your ideas in the creation of a song.

Thanks!
Chris
Fre
Great question SirJamsalot!
I'm curious too.
Mate Nagy
Maybe I can do that, yes smile.gif
I've never learned that song before I must admit smile.gif

QUOTE (alvaroshredd @ Sep 2 2010, 08:35 PM) *
Hi mate!!

I was with Guitarrero talking in the chat about Zakk´s farewell ballad solo and we wanted to ask you if you could make a video lesson of it!
it would be awesome!
Cheers!!

That's a hard question. Usually the first step is messing around (riffing) on the guitar, and sometimes I improvise whole songs while practicing.
Sometimes if there is a melody in my head, I try to figure out what kind of chords can I play under that particular melody.
After I imagine the bass and the drums, and the song is almost complete.
That's my progress of writing a song briefly.
Thank you for the question...

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Sep 2 2010, 09:28 PM) *
Old topic, but I'd like to hear your take - how do YOU go about composing, then recording a song? Do you begin with a progression, then add a drum backing, then add lyrics as a complement to the song, or have a lyrical idea in mind, then come up with a progression and drums to complement the tune you have in mind? Or do you have another approach. I know every song generally comes about in a different way, but I'm curious how you approach / most common method for filling out your ideas in the creation of a song.

Thanks!
Chris

Kristofer Dahl
I have created you own board now Mate!
Mate Nagy
Thank you very much!
An own board!
WOW ! smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 21 2010, 12:16 PM) *
I have created you own board now Mate!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.