Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Practice Agenda & Gallery
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Kristofer Dahl
As some of you might have noticed - these two features have been out of order for quite a while.

As summer vacation is over - we now have the chance to get some GMC development done. When thinking about how to prioritize the work we can get done - I have come to the conclusion to remove these two features. Here are the reasons in order of priority:

* They contain a lot of code which is tricky to adapt to new (and coming) features of the site - the slows the over-all GMC development down.

* Not too many people used these features

* I was never really happy with how they worked. Our goal is to build our own substitutions for these community features - and this makes it even less motivated to have the techs spend time modding/repairing.

Of course I would much rather have the bugs fixed and move on - but as you know we need to constantly prioritize to get things done!

Let me know if you have any thoughts about this.
audiopaal
Kris, I belive you're right about this.
Neither have been used much, and considering the time and work it must be to keep
these features up to date I believe it's the right thing to do.

Although I would like to see some similar features in the future.
Maybe something more of a blog-like feature, where members can write and post pictures together etc.
That way other members can still subscribe to whoever they want,
and members could get their own gmc.my/insertmembernamehere adress.
Which again can be good for GMC, when members post their own blog adress all over the interweb! smile.gif

Just a thought..

thanks for the information, good to be in the know before it suddenly is removed smile.gif
Jerry Arcidiacono
I think a kind of gallery could be still interesting to see!
Bogdan Radovic
Yeah I also never used these features much and they could definitely be replaced by more exciting user profiles or something that could do same purpose and more smile.gif
Fran
That makes sense. I also agree with Paal's "blog" idea smile.gif
rokchik
Good call Kris smile.gif

And I also like Paal's "blog' idea. Could be great exposure for GMC.
Fusar
I like the idea of a Practice Agenda & Gallery, but I have not been convinced by the old model smile.gif As the others, I'd like to see these features revised! A 'blog' could be a great idea, but I hope it'll not be as unclear (maybe the wrong word, but I try to explain) as the old model. From your home board, it was not easy to reach, nor easy to be seen by the others.
So here are some of my ideas smile.gif I'd introduce this blog (let's call it so) in the profile (may we should overwork this as well, I'm sure lots of people will have ideas how to make the profile better with only little details!), you can follow someone's blog, you should be able to comment it. In the profile you can see how active the user is (how many entries, photos, the last update etc.). From the frontpage, you can arrive at a page where you can see a chart with the most visited blogs, the best rated, the most commented, the most active etc.
And in the blog itself, we should see what are the main issues of the user, does he only want to tell how much and what he practised per day, or can you find there as well funny stories of his "guitar adventure"...something like that ;-)
kaznie_NL
Good decision wink.gif
Vaidya
I like Fusar's idea
Daniel Realpe
I never saw the use of it really, so it's fine that you got it out of the site.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.