Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Mtp!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > MTP - The Mentored Training Program > Lcsdds
kaznie_NL
Monte!

so here's our new thread wink.gif I've uploaded my new song as far as I've got, hope you like it!

I am in the last week of my mtp with Adrian, but he's not very active and my task was a lesson that I realy don't want to play, so I kinda haven't been very busy with it... not good of me!

Let's get going!

BTW: Anyone who wishes to drop a line here, go agead please smile.gif
lcsdds
I like the tune so far Kaz.....your phrasing has improved a lot since our last MTP. So lets start out by figuring out where we are with your fretboard knowledge.

Do you know all the notes of the fretboard?

Do you know ALL of your diatonic and pentatonic box shapes?

Do you know ALL of your triad shapes?

Do you know all of 7th arpeggios shapes?

Let me know.....good to be working with you again. smile.gif
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Aug 24 2010, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the tune so far Kaz.....your phrasing has improved a lot since our last MTP. So lets start out by figuring out where we are with your fretboard knowledge.

Do you know all the notes of the fretboard?

Do you know ALL of your diatonic and pentatonic box shapes?

Do you know ALL of your triad shapes?

Do you know all of 7th arpeggios shapes?

Let me know.....good to be working with you again. smile.gif

one by one:
-I know all the notes on the E string and prety much also on the A, although less in depth tongue.gif I've started by learned the dotted notes on the guitar, and then filled in the rest. It's just very important to know them on the E and A strings for alll bar chords wink.gif

-I do know all diatonic and pentatonic box shapes. The Pentatonics are really drilled in there, but the diatonic can still use some work. I can plya them up and down going from one to another, but not just fluidly to improvise on smile.gif

-I don't know all of my triad shapes, I kinda know.... open E shape? biggrin.gif

- hmm that's difficult, let me think..... ehm nope. tongue.gif haha not one I guess xD or not good, of course I know how to make a C7 and then just move around, but that's it smile.gif
lcsdds
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Aug 25 2010, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one by one:
-I know all the notes on the E string and prety much also on the A, although less in depth tongue.gif I've started by learned the dotted notes on the guitar, and then filled in the rest. It's just very important to know them on the E and A strings for alll bar chords wink.gif

-I do know all diatonic and pentatonic box shapes. The Pentatonics are really drilled in there, but the diatonic can still use some work. I can plya them up and down going from one to another, but not just fluidly to improvise on smile.gif

-I don't know all of my triad shapes, I kinda know.... open E shape? biggrin.gif

- hmm that's difficult, let me think..... ehm nope. tongue.gif haha not one I guess xD or not good, of course I know how to make a C7 and then just move around, but that's it smile.gif
OK Kaz.......give me a realistic amount of time that you can spend weekly on learning the fingerboard and I will post a few things to start working on. I know you don't want to spend all your playing time doing boring excercises etc. So you tel me what is realistic for you and I'll come up with something to help you learn the fingerboard so that when you go to compose and improvise you can navigate the fingerboard much easier........if you could devote an hour daily that would be great but you let me know what is realistic for you.
kaznie_NL
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Aug 25 2010, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK Kaz.......give me a realistic amount of time that you can spend weekly on learning the fingerboard and I will post a few things to start working on. I know you don't want to spend all your playing time doing boring excercises etc. So you tel me what is realistic for you and I'll come up with something to help you learn the fingerboard so that when you go to compose and improvise you can navigate the fingerboard much easier........if you could devote an hour daily that would be great but you let me know what is realistic for you.

Okay well let's see wink.gif

First of all some semi-bad news, I'm on a sailing trip untill sunday! From then on I only have one week of holiday left and then school, so life gets structured again, it'll be easy to build some guitar in that time smile.gif

I normally play around 1,5 hours average, that's calculated after keeping track of my playing for a few weeks wink.gif That means I play an hour some days and some days 3 wink.gif

When I play guitar, I have no problem dedicating at least an hour to mtp stuff. this could for instance be a lesson I'm working on. For example, I've been recording pratice takes of Muris Knopfler style lesson the last hour wink.gif I do have problems learning the fingerboard for an hour tongue.gif I'm not sure what time I can/should spend on that. I agree with the fact that it'll be very good for my improvisation (actually every skill) to know all the notes wink.gif I'm actually not sure, maybe we should just try out? We can start with 15 minutes a day and then just see if that's doable? If so, I'll try 20 and so on?

I'm not sure if it helps but at school I'm prety fast with learning stuff, I'm doing the highest grade of education for my age, it might help a bit?

I probably won't speak you untill monday, so cya then! Again many thanks for the effort you put in this smile.gif
lcsdds
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Aug 25 2010, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay well let's see wink.gif

First of all some semi-bad news, I'm on a sailing trip untill sunday! From then on I only have one week of holiday left and then school, so life gets structured again, it'll be easy to build some guitar in that time smile.gif

I normally play around 1,5 hours average, that's calculated after keeping track of my playing for a few weeks wink.gif That means I play an hour some days and some days 3 wink.gif

When I play guitar, I have no problem dedicating at least an hour to mtp stuff. this could for instance be a lesson I'm working on. For example, I've been recording pratice takes of Muris Knopfler style lesson the last hour wink.gif I do have problems learning the fingerboard for an hour tongue.gif I'm not sure what time I can/should spend on that. I agree with the fact that it'll be very good for my improvisation (actually every skill) to know all the notes wink.gif I'm actually not sure, maybe we should just try out? We can start with 15 minutes a day and then just see if that's doable? If so, I'll try 20 and so on?

I'm not sure if it helps but at school I'm prety fast with learning stuff, I'm doing the highest grade of education for my age, it might help a bit?

I probably won't speak you untill monday, so cya then! Again many thanks for the effort you put in this smile.gif

Sounds good Kaz. I'm actually going out of town starting tomorrow as well so I'll post a little routine for you to start on Monday.......
kaznie_NL
I'm back man wink.gif And I have a free day this monday tongue.gif haha
kaznie_NL
How are you doin Monte??
lcsdds
Sorry Kaz.....been really busy this week. I'm actually out of town this weekend as well. I'll get back to you on Tuesday.....again apologies. I'm in the middle of moving right now. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.