Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Label Society - New Album
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
Gitarrero
Hi guys!

Did anyone already listen to the new BLS album "Order of the Black"?
I bought it a couple of days ago and I just love it. It's actually my first record I ever heard of them, but lately I've been listening to Black Stone Cherry a lot and I thought I might give Zakk Wylde's band a try. Great riffs, nice solos, but a few cheesy ballads as well...
Also, I am experimenting with drop D tuning at the moment so I wonder if Black Label Society use that kind of tuning? Their riffing sounds so...what do the experts say?
ZakkWylde
It's a big step up to what Zakk has been doing the last couple of years (maybe that's because he isn't drinking anymore...)
I love the record, no extreme drop tunings, great riffs, amazing solos, a few piano and clean guitar ballads and a great overall production.

Zakk has used a lot of diffrent tunings in the BLS over the years: E standard, E flat, Drop D, Drop C, Drop B and some open tunings i guess on the accoustiv ballads...
The Uncreator
It's a pretty solid record. Zakk always delivers the good riffs so no shortage there, his voice is top knotch as well. The only thing I don't like is Zakks soloing, I was never a fan because it was always too trebly for my taste - But still the record is worth the listen.
Denes Nagy
I've heard this record. My brother showed it to me, and I think this album is more better than the Shot To Hell! It's full of energy and power! (I think. smile.gif )
newguyatgmc
I bought it too. I just love it. Some really awesome riffing. I am not a fan of his ballads but the heavy songs are really good as compared to the previous albums. I am planning to see BLS on 29th of this month in TX.
Lian Gerbino
just heard a couple of songs and they are killer!!!
Mate Nagy
I have the album and it's killer!
Includes some serious headbangin' stuff, like 'crazy horse' and 'overlord'.
Check this album out it's kickass ! smile.gif
swefox
Hi all!

Listening to it now. Seems to be a solid rocking album. Not the greatest fan of BLS but I think they are quite good. Like the heavy riffing and tuned down playing.
Also as a little detail I like the fact that there's a Mjolnir (or Mjölner, hammer of Thor) on the cover. : )

/FoX
newguyatgmc
Can't wait to see them live on 30th october...Hey Mate how about a lesson for godspeed hellbound....
Mate Nagy
QUOTE (newguyatgmc @ Oct 17 2010, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't wait to see them live on 30th october...Hey Mate how about a lesson for godspeed hellbound....

Good idea, I was thinking about crazy horse. . . Both are good tunes.
I have so much covers that I want to do smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.