Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Private Lessons Feature Is Live
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Kristofer Dahl
The MTP program has now officially ended, and students should have completed their last assignments. It is with sadness that I say goodbye to this program which has helped so many students, and engaged many GMC instructors.

I hope that the Private Lessons program will be a worthy replacement - and that many students will have the possibility to utilise this program as well.

We have now added information about available instructors on the Private Lessons page (here).

Private Lessons are now held on hidden boards in the forum - and are the equivalent of the old MTP program. The only difference is that you can choose your own learning pace (no monthly REC or assignments requirement) and you may utilise the program for as long as your Private Lessons subscription is active.
Daniel Realpe
it's good to know that an even more focused program is available now!
carminemarotta
I would like to add only one thing. I was a bit skeptical about the Private Lesson but nevertheless I decided to enroll and I have chosen Laszlo as my tutor. I can now say that after buying my guitar this was the best decision I've made. After few weeks I improved a lot and learn a better method of studying guitar lessons. To anyone who is pondering if to go ahead with private lessons I suggest to start one as soon as possible: you won't regret.
Carmine
Fusar
Will it be possible in the futur to take only 3 month of Private Lessons?
superize
I think i will try this out at some point but not untill i feel like i can afford it
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Fusar @ Sep 8 2010, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will it be possible in the futur to take only 3 month of Private Lessons?

We don't have any such plans now - but we can not exclude anything for the future.

QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Sep 8 2010, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to add only one thing. I was a bit skeptical about the Private Lesson but nevertheless I decided to enroll and I have chosen Laszlo as my tutor. I can now say that after buying my guitar this was the best decision I've made. After few weeks I improved a lot and learn a better method of studying guitar lessons. To anyone who is pondering if to go ahead with private lessons I suggest to start one as soon as possible: you won't regret.
Carmine

Wow Carmine that was some awesome feedback - very motivating to read! It's nice that you post in this thread as I think many people are curious, and we don't really have a good way of showcasing what is happening in the private lessons.
thefireball
Wow, that's something to think about.

I know that my GMC sub rolls over until I cancel it, but how about this program? Do you go for 6 months and then it stops?
Stephane Lucarelli
Good news Kris!
This is a real good opportunity to work together and focus on your weaknesses but also improve all qualities of your playing.
That promises rapid progress for students!
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (thefireball @ Sep 9 2010, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, that's something to think about.

I know that my GMC sub rolls over until I cancel it, but how about this program? Do you go for 6 months and then it stops?

The Private Lessons subscription works the same way as the normal GMC subscription - cancel it whenever you want, otherwise it will continue.
thefireball
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 10 2010, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Private Lessons subscription works the same way as the normal GMC subscription - cancel it whenever you want, otherwise it will continue.

Cool, thanks! wink.gif
Vasilije Vukmirovic
This sounds like excellent tool for improvement!
Bogdan Radovic
This is great. MTP was a very focused practice program! This will allow anyone to have private lessons and to progress fast.
Bane
When you start the program you stick with one teacher? or you can move between teachers depending on the styles you want to learn at different times?

I'm really interested about the private lessons!

Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (Bane @ Dec 2 2010, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you start the program you stick with one teacher? or you can move between teachers depending on the styles you want to learn at different times?

I'm really interested about the private lessons!

The idea is that you have one instructor that tracks your progress over a long period of time - instead of having many people giving you different advice. That way you get more value than from the standard GMC subscription.

However the program is still quite new so we are open to suggestions - also if you for some reason are not happy with your instructor you can always change when you want.
rokchik
My guitar playing has taken a back seat lately to some other things I have going on. I want to change this and I am really putting forth an effort to improving my playing... and also my presence here at GMC. This seems like an excellent way for me to meet this goal.

I will sign up after all this Christmas madness dies down smile.gif

rok
JVM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Dec 2 2010, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My guitar playing has taken a back seat lately to some other things I have going on. I want to change this and I am really putting forth an effort to improving my playing... and also my presence here at GMC. This seems like an excellent way for me to meet this goal.

I will sign up after all this Christmas madness dies down smile.gif

rok

Feelin the same way!

About to get a few weeks off from work for the first time since last spring. Definitely going to get some practicing in.
rokchik
QUOTE (JVM @ Dec 2 2010, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Feelin the same way!

About to get a few weeks off from work for the first time since last spring. Definitely going to get some practicing in.

I miss playing so much. My acoustic gets a little attention but haven't picked up my electric in over a month ohmy.gif

Hmmm maybe I should sign up sooner smile.gif

EDIT: Just signed up... why put it off right. Can't wait to start!
Bogdan Radovic
QUOTE (rokchik @ Dec 3 2010, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I miss playing so much. My acoustic gets a little attention but haven't picked up my electric in over a month ohmy.gif

Hmmm maybe I should sign up sooner smile.gif

EDIT: Just signed up... why put it off right. Can't wait to start!

Congratulations! That is the spirit! Private lessons program (ex MTP) is very useful and offers a lot of motivation and structured learning.
rokchik
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 3 2010, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congratulations! That is the spirit! Private lessons program (ex MTP) is very useful and offers a lot of motivation and structured learning.

Thanks Bogdan smile.gif Can't wait to get started... this is my Christmas gift to myself. I've always felt I was all over the place with my playing so some structure will be most welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.