Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forgotten Part Ii
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Uploads
Gilmore
Hi

I have not playd much guitar the last 6 months, mosty becaue I had my second baby in march. But now I found some time to practice, and I´ve been listening alot to Joe Satriani the last few weeks, so I decided to put together this cover, but this song is one of my favourites from Joe.

I recently got a new Intel I7 computer, so I got alot of power to record with. smile.gif

The song is not as easy as it looks. The rhythm guitars are something to think about, and I spent more time on the rhythm than the leads.

I used my Ibanez RG2570 with Evolution pickups and Guitar Rig 4.

I played also the bass with an Ibanez SRX 500

Superior Drummer 2 for the drums and the tambourine is from EZdrummer´s Latino kit.

Hope you like it....

Click to view attachment
Sentenced
Thats my favorite song as well. Your Cover sounds awesome! Real cool.
Daniel Robinson
I really enjoyed this. Its a great cover!

Its so close to the original, way to go!

With a little tweaking it would be perfect smile.gif
UncleSkillet
Good take man! You got it down smile.gif

This is one of my favorites also!

I think I would like to do a jam of this to. Where did you get the backing track, or can you share the one you made?

Thanks

Jeff
Azzaboi
That's all just your new beast of a computer doing that isn't it! laugh.gif

Sounds real nice, smooth playing to me, nice stuff wub.gif
Gilmore
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Sep 12 2010, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good take man! You got it down smile.gif

This is one of my favorites also!

I think I would like to do a jam of this to. Where did you get the backing track, or can you share the one you made?

Thanks

Jeff

Thanks guys.....glad you like it. smile.gif

I made the backing myself and played all the guitars and bass. I can send you a mix without the lead guitar if you like.
Bogdan Radovic
Amazing work man! This is really close to original and its cool that you recorded all guitars and bass! smile.gif You should do this more often smile.gif
Vasilije Vukmirovic
You did a great job, this is one of Satch's most melodic songs!
Vaidya
Wow.I haven't heard the original but i can tell you've done an amazing cover!
Daniel Realpe
excellent tone! very close!

nice job!
thefireball
sweet cover, man! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.