Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Got Hitched
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Artemus
In fact, it was a couple of weeks ago on the 9th but I just returned from my honeymoon.
Anyhow, I thought some of you folks may be interested to know that I composed the music for my wedding ceremony. I wrote pieces for prior to the service, the processional, the signing of the register and the recessional. These were put onto a CD as a favour for the guests at our wedding however I plan to develop my ideas and perhaps make an album of it - maybe release it on my anniversary smile.gif
That said, I have made a teaser/sampler of the tunes and put them up on my myspace site. Check it out and let me know what you think biggrin.gif
Chris Evans
hey!! congratulations, great idea for the service tunes etc, I dont think the guests at my wedding would have appreciated any of the metal tunes I`d have written laugh.gif

all the best for you and your wife smile.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
Many congratulations to you and your wife Art smile.gif .

Artemus
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Oct 26 2010, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey!! congratulations, great idea for the service tunes etc, I dont think the guests at my wedding would have appreciated any of the metal tunes I`d have written laugh.gif

all the best for you and your wife smile.gif

Haha laugh.gif yeah, I did have to restrain myself and some of my ideas.
The wife and I are metalheads but not all the guests were so finding a neutral ground was best biggrin.gif
Marek Rojewski
Haha great idea about composing for Your own wedding:) Will be nice to hear whole tunes:)
maharzan
Congratulations!! Hope you guys had a lot of fun.
Fran
Wow that's pretty cool man, all the best to you both smile.gif
thefireball
Awesome! Best wishes! smile.gif
MickeM
Congrats! Can't beat the feeling of marriage smile.gif
Ben Higgins
Congratulations, Man !!!
Daniel Realpe
congrats!! that's a good idea, I might copy you tongue.gif some day
audiopaal
Awesome, congratulations biggrin.gif
Ramiro Delforte
Nice man!
It's cool to hear the preview smile.gif

What orchestral samples did you use? (specially the harpsichord)

Cheers!
Artemus
Thanks everyone for the kind words.
Ramiro: everything was done using EWQL VSTs, namely the symphonic orchestra and choir packages. Harpsichord was tweaked from Colossus
Mate Nagy
Congrats for your wedding and your composational skills man! smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Congratulations man! smile.gif

I have taken a listen to the samples on your myspace and the tunes are amazing! Really cheerful and relaxing to listen to smile.gif
Stephane Lucarelli
Congrats, best wishes! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Great idea man! And congratulations - big step! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.