Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Is Stephane Lucarelli ?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Stephane Lucarelli
Crazy_Diamond
Hi Stephane,

I really like your style of playing and tone and I was wondering if you could give us a bit more information about yourself. Your last lesson on the bottleneck guitar really astonished me and I started practicing slide guitar (a skill that every blues man has to know).

I was wondering if you were playing in a band and if you had a website. I would really like to hear your compositions.

Also I think we can't forget your tone wich always suits the songs perfectly. What are you using ? And what is that strats, it looks beautiful.

I find your playing style very inspiring and I was wondering if you could give us a bit more information about you since you seems very quiet about yourself.

Thanks man and keep the awesome lesson coming !!!

emirb
I dig Stephane's playing too! I found some clips on youtube and I'm subscriber smile.gif Looking forward to read response! Good initiative diamond.
Kristofer Dahl
Yes - I want to know as well!!
Stephane Lucarelli
Stephane who? I don't know, never heard about this guy before ! tongue.gif

Ok more seriously, thanks a lot or the nice words, I really appreciate it!

I started playing guitar by myself and jamming with some Blues & Rock records (from Muddy Waters to Hendrix, Jeff Beck...). I think that's why I still have some "bluesy references" in my playing!
Then comes the discovery of all the jazz, fusion, Latin stuff...and my first cover band. I still play in different cover bands, one with rock&pop covers, one with funk/soul influences, a trio for jazz & latin stuff and a duo with a singer !!

Unfortunately I don't have a personnal website! Well, not yet cause it's on the way and it will take me hard work to build one! Why is there only 24 hours in a day? Why??
Another great news is that I'm thinking about a solo album, maybe a little blues, jazzy, funky, fusionish record. I dont know, time will tell! laugh.gif

Let's talk about guitars & gear!
First of all we have got 1977's fingers (a nice year, but still in learning process... biggrin.gif ).
My main guitar is custom Strat build by Xavier Petit (a french luthier) with Kinman pickups. It's a very versatile axe and I really dig it! I'll try to post some pics soon. I sometimes use a telecaster and a 335 copy for jazzy tones.
All the lessons on GMC are recorded with a Mesa Boogie V-Twin Preamp (on the clean channel) and I use a lot of different pedals before the preamp. Ok I must admit that I'm a stompboxes addict & I love to try a lot them!

Again thanks a lot for your curiosity! tongue.gif
Of course I'll keep you informed about the upcoming stuff to listen to!

Crazy_Diamond
QUOTE (Stephane Lucarelli @ Nov 25 2010, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stephane who? I don't know, never heard about this guy before ! tongue.gif

Ok more seriously, thanks a lot or the nice words, I really appreciate it!

I started playing guitar by myself and jamming with some Blues & Rock records (from Muddy Waters to Hendrix, Jeff Beck...). I think that's why I still have some "bluesy references" in my playing!
Then comes the discovery of all the jazz, fusion, Latin stuff...and my first cover band. I still play in different cover bands, one with rock&pop covers, one with funk/soul influences, a trio for jazz & latin stuff and a duo with a singer !!

Unfortunately I don't have a personnal website! Well, not yet cause it's on the way and it will take me hard work to build one! Why is there only 24 hours in a day? Why??
Another great news is that I'm thinking about a solo album, maybe a little blues, jazzy, funky, fusionish record. I dont know, time will tell! laugh.gif

Let's talk about guitars & gear!
First of all we have got 1977's fingers (a nice year, but still in learning process... biggrin.gif ).
My main guitar is custom Strat build by Xavier Petit (a french luthier) with Kinman pickups. It's a very versatile axe and I really dig it! I'll try to post some pics soon. I sometimes use a telecaster and a 335 copy for jazzy tones.
All the lessons on GMC are recorded with a Mesa Boogie V-Twin Preamp (on the clean channel) and I use a lot of different pedals before the preamp. Ok I must admit that I'm a stompboxes addict & I love to try a lot them!

Again thanks a lot for your curiosity! tongue.gif
Of course I'll keep you informed about the upcoming stuff to listen to!

Thanks for the answer Stéphane. Now we know a bit more about the French guitar master. Keep us update if you have a record or some songs comming. Have you studied music at school also ?

I will probably have more question for you in the future.

And I can't wait to see some pics of your Strat it looks so beautifull.

Merci le cousin Francais !!!
Translation : Thank you French cousin

Stephane Lucarelli
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Nov 27 2010, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Merci le cousin Francais !!!
Translation : Thank you French cousin

biggrin.gif Ah Ah ah! J'espère bien un jour pouvoir venir à Montréal!

Kristofer Dahl
Il faut venir à Stockholm aussi! wink.gif
Godwin
Hi Stephane,

I am Godwin from Hong Kong. It is because of hearing your playing, your music, I subscribed as member annually

to guitarmasterclass.net because you are the tutor there.

As others said, you music is inspiring and attractive.

I am interested in playing jazz, but, it is very difficult and do not know where to start.

Would you please advise, if I can directly memorize your phrases (indeed, quite difficult to memorize).

or start in other way such as starting from scale , mode and appreggios?

Will you write or suggest if there is any comprehensive course (books or multimedia package) to let us start with?

Many many thanks.

Godwin
Stephane Lucarelli
Hi Godwin!

First, I'm glad you joined GMC & thanks a lot for your nice words.

It's quite hard for me to give you advice, without knowing your level and your theoretical knowledge. Please let me know a little more about yourself!

I would also suggest you an essential reading : Mark Levine "The jazz theory book"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.