Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bob Katz (aes) Article On Level Control
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Recording
OzRob
Tony has probably linked to this somewhere already but a colleague on another forum posted it so I thought I'd add it here too, just in case others can benefit from it. I learnt a lot from my initial skim. Now I need to reread in detail.

An Integrated Approach to Metering, Monitoring, and Levelling Practices
tonymiro
Thanks Rob smile.gif .

It´s been a while since I saw that and on a quick skim through I think most of it is in and expanded on in Katz´s ´Mastering Audio´ book. The book is well worth a read for anyone interested in mastering and mixing and is pretty much regarded by many as the definitive work on mastering, albeit that I´d have to say that some of it Bob´s personal point of view and that that may differ at times from others. I think Bob is working on a new edition that should update some of the material wrt digital.
Bogdan Radovic
Thanks for sharing the article. Its very interesting to read! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
That's a cool article! smile.gif Not as good as Tony's articles here on GMC, but good biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.