Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Beginner Technique Do You Want To Improve?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Absolute Beginners
Bear Rose
Hey GMC!

I've been wondering what techniques that you all would like to see in my future lessons. I already have a gameplan on what to work on, but I want to know if there is something that is more important to you all.

And if I forgot to mention a topic that you think is important, let me know!
Kristian Hyvarinen
Strumming / rhythm is something I've been hoping I would have trained when I first got the guitar. An important topic that gives the base to everything else.
Bear Rose
QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Jan 11 2011, 06:13 AM) *
Strumming / rhythm is something I've been hoping I would have trained when I first got the guitar. An important topic that gives the base to everything else.

I agree! Strumming and Rhythm is what I've been planning on for my next few lessons, but I wanted to do a vote to make sure I wasn't way off base with my order. So far it seems that everything is pretty even across the board.
liordino
I really think I should begin learning some theory to improve my playing. I mean, in fact I know a little about music theory, but never been able to apply it for real. So, nothing better to start than some Beginner Theory. smile.gif
Bear Rose
QUOTE (liordino @ Mar 17 2011, 04:55 PM) *
I really think I should begin learning some theory to improve my playing. I mean, in fact I know a little about music theory, but never been able to apply it for real. So, nothing better to start than some Beginner Theory. smile.gif

I agree! I think that some beginner theory lessons would be very helpful to a lot of people. I'm going to start planning on some of these for the near future.
liordino
QUOTE (Bear Rose @ Apr 4 2011, 08:35 PM) *
I agree! I think that some beginner theory lessons would be very helpful to a lot of people. I'm going to start planning on some of these for the near future.

Can't wait to see these lessons! =D
ChiefOtto
Some rhythm exercises would be nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.