Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Love Getting Delayed
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Kristofer Dahl
"The Edge" from U2 has successfully used techniques such as delay in his playing. Check out Zsolt's new lesson, Fun With Delay, and then post a reply to today's topic. What other bands or guitarists have utilized this technique well in their playing?
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 13 2011, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"The Edge" from U2 has successfully used techniques such as delay in his playing. Check out Zsolt's new lesson, Fun With Delay, and then post a reply to today's topic. What other bands or guitarists have utilized this technique well in their playing?

Check out Dead Letter Circus! A modern approach to using delay and very U2 inspired biggrin.gif
Ben Higgins
Check out the middle section of Desert Island by Cacophony, right before the solos kick in... just beautiful !!! cool.gif
Zsolt Galambos
I love how Edge plays his chords combinging the delay smile.gif

There are quite a few bands/guitarist out there who did a great job with a similar setting. There's Dream Theater's Petrucci in the song "Lifting Shadows off a Dream" from "Awake". Nuno Bettencourt's "Flight of the Wounded Bumblebee" and my favorite is Paul Gilbert's "The Echo Song"

Here's "The Echo Song":

Bogdan Radovic
I love the classic GNR intro to welcome to the jungle. It's a great and very commercial example of using delay effect.
Brandon Earman
David Gilmour! - Pink Floyd. I believe he was one of the first to use the old tape delays. Listen to the guitar solo in "Time."
Daniel Realpe
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 13 2011, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check out Dead Letter Circus! A modern approach to using delay and very U2 inspired biggrin.gif

Nice band! loved it, never heard of them before
Mudbone
Well actually, isn't getting de-layed a bad thing? I don't want any "de" happening to my "lay" tongue.gif biggrin.gif Sorry, couldn't avoid playing with symantics wink.gif I assume your post is a play on words as well biggrin.gif
Zsolt Galambos
Great one! XD XD

QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jan 14 2011, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well actually, isn't getting de-layed a bad thing? I don't want any "de" happening to my "lay" tongue.gif biggrin.gif Sorry, couldn't avoid playing with symantics wink.gif I assume your post is a play on words as well biggrin.gif

Todd Simpson
The Paul Gilbert song is a great pull smile.gif How about "Tears of Sahara" by Tony McAlpine? Daniel did a great lesson on it. The guitar rythm played clean in the intro is very delay driven. It doesnt' work without it.
Bear Rose
Buckethead's Big Sur Moon is awesome!

Jonny Buckland from Coldplay does some cool stuff with delay as well.

And, for a great delay solo, check this out......solo starts at 5:35

Zsolt Galambos
That was really nice, thanks for sharing smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.