Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Impro... Needs Advices !
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Uploads
jeanv
Hi, can you give some feedback on this impro please ? Many Thanks in advance!

Ben Higgins
Hi Jean,

There's some cool ideas in there. I like your use of double stops or 2 note diads smile.gif You've got a real relaxed picking had too, all from the wrist which is a very good thing.

If I can make some suggestions of things to work on in your playing ? I would say devote some time to working on your vibrato and bending. This will give more strength and personality to your melody lines. I would recommend checking out lessons by people like Jonathan Burgos, Ivan Milenkovic for tasteful melodies and nice, bluesy bends. For the vibrato side of things, I've done a whole series on different ways of using vibrato.. all of those things will give you some useful tips for sure smile.gif
jeanv
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 19 2011, 10:18 AM) *
Hi Jean,

There's some cool ideas in there. I like your use of double stops or 2 note diads smile.gif You've got a real relaxed picking had too, all from the wrist which is a very good thing.

If I can make some suggestions of things to work on in your playing ? I would say devote some time to working on your vibrato and bending. This will give more strength and personality to your melody lines. I would recommend checking out lessons by people like Jonathan Burgos, Ivan Milenkovic for tasteful melodies and nice, bluesy bends. For the vibrato side of things, I've done a whole series on different ways of using vibrato.. all of those things will give you some useful tips for sure smile.gif

Many Thanks Ben, i'll follow your advices for sure!
dark dude
There are some nice ideas in there! I'd agree with Ben on the vibrato and bending.
Bogdan Radovic
Very interesting improv. I would suggest building up your licks library by learning favorite ones from different lessons and then trying to incorporate in your own improvising. Try to get some slow melodies going and to better connect different positions with slides etc. Try to experiment with strong notes (chord tones) to make those melodies sound well. Regarding technique, as Ben said, definitely vibrato and bending will bring a whole new dimension in your playing. They are quite essential to make solos sound great.
Todd Simpson
Ben brings up some great points about bending and vibrato. When holding a note, a bit of vibrato helps to give the note character. You may need to change the way you are holding the neck and the way you are sitting to get a better grip to use with your vibrato, but then again some folks play "side sadle" like that and do vibrato just fine so it's up to you.

Todd
jeanv
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 21 2011, 03:32 AM) *
Ben brings up some great points about bending and vibrato. When holding a note, a bit of vibrato helps to give the note character. You may need to change the way you are holding the neck and the way you are sitting to get a better grip to use with your vibrato, but then again some folks play "side sadle" like that and do vibrato just fine so it's up to you.

Todd

ok i really to work on vibratos, that's pretty hard to manage actually!!!
dark dude
30 min of vibrato practice a day and you'll be there in no time!
Fingerspasm
I really like the way you moved up and down the neck horizontally. You did not seem to favor one particular area on the neck. Reminds me that I need to do that more with my playing. Nice Improv.
jeanv
QUOTE (Fingerspasm @ Jan 21 2011, 01:26 PM) *
I really like the way you moved up and down the neck horizontally. You did not seem to favor one particular area on the neck. Reminds me that I need to do that more with my playing. Nice Improv.

hey! thanks !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.