Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Want To Sell Your Music?!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
TylerT
Hey guys just thought id share this, I recently starting writing tunes for minusdrums.com (You have to apply through email, he got back to me in a day)
Its pretty sweet, basically you just make a track without drums and they sell it on the site for you, and drummers buy it to practice their chops.

The site kinda looks low-budget , but I was surprised how many people bought my stuff, and even more so, how many preview views i got. It would even be worth it to promote your band name in the description considering how many previews you get!

So yeah, not to sound like im advertising, but knowing this community is full of people with recording equipment that want to sell some music, I thought id share!
Gitarrero
Hi Tyler, thanks for sharing this. Looks like a cool opportunity, I'll give it a shot.
Christian
dark dude
That's cool, didn't know this market existed! Thanks for the share, man.
Ivan Milenkovic
Nice stuff man, thanks for recommendations! smile.gif
quadrium
Thank you man.Nice stuff.I'll give it a try.Hope they accept smile.gif
thefireball
Awesome!! Checking it out!
thefireball
This is a great opportunity to guitarists who want to go big! I have several songs I think I could do this with, since I stink at drum mixing. tongue.gif

Just emailed them. smile.gif
TylerT
Sweet! Glad you guys are givin it a shot!!! Hopefully with a lot more entries the site will get bigger!!!
thefireball
Anybody get a reply yet? I haven't. huh.gif
quadrium
QUOTE (thefireball @ Feb 16 2011, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody get a reply yet? I haven't. huh.gif

Me neither sad.gif Just sent another e-mail in case they haven't received the fisrt one
Todd Simpson
No reply here either. Whaddya do?
TylerT
Hmm. Sounds odd I remember him responding the same day I sent my application.

I just sent him an email asking if he got them
thefireball
Glad I'm not alone. I thought I scared him off when I said I'm an amateur guitarist and recorder. biggrin.gif But hey, you gotta be honest.
quadrium
QUOTE (thefireball @ Feb 16 2011, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad I'm not alone. I thought I scared him off when I said I'm an amateur guitarist and recorder. biggrin.gif But hey, you gotta be honest.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif You are right smile.gif
Sean_1234
I've got a reaction today wink.gif
Todd Simpson
Me too smile.gif They must have been busy with something for a few days and are just getting back to emails.

Todd
quadrium
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 17 2011, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me too smile.gif They must have been busy with something for a few days and are just getting back to emails.

Todd

Think you are right Todd.I got an e-mail also smile.gif
thefireball
Mm-k....cool! So did I! Now I just gotta produce something for them. biggrin.gif
Rated Htr
Thanks for sharing, just sent them a message smile.gif
quadrium
Just got an e-mail says i am accepted smile.gif Looking forward to start smile.gif Thanks for sharing this great site TylerT !

Dogukan,
thefireball
Yeah, I gotta get something together for them that sounds better than what I have. laugh.gif
Should I post something without drums for them to look at? I can't mix drums and I don't have the adequate software for it.
That's what holds me back in making songs...drum mixing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.