Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Friends And Fellows :)
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Introduce Yourself !
rocko
Hello Everyone,

I'm Andreas and I come from germany (hope you excuse my once a while bad english unsure.gif )
I joined this site very spontaneous a few days ago - and, by the way, I'm very glad that I did so.

I play guitar for something about 6 years now. I startet at the primary school where my music teacher offered guitar lessons. There I learned the first chords (anyone know the smashing song "The Cock Is Dead"? I nailed it! wink.gif )
I played for about 1 year. Well, then I unfortunately put the guitar away for several years.

With about 16 I suddenly discovered the electric guitar, and it hit me very hard wink.gif I still knew the chords from the primary school and started to play again. I took lessons from 2 different private teachers, learned something about theory (not much), and something about technique (also not much I think).

I canceled the private lessons completly, unless I wasn't satisfied with my technique, and the teachers I had couldn't teach me something like that, well at least I had that kind of feeling.
So I started to read books about this topic. But, unless I doubt really quick (kind of..."well, am I doing it right this kind?"), I didn't reach my goal with this way.
I also tried an online course, but it just offered cheap interaction. In fact it also didn't took me higher.

So, to come to an end, I'm already a bit frustrated, and don't really think that I can become a fast picking guitar player. But, and there it comes, after a few days as a member of this really great community, I'm motivated again.

So - Hello to you all! smile.gif

best regards
Andreas
Bogdan Radovic
Hi Andreas ,

great to have you here with us. I'm sure you'll be able to reach your goals and trust me - anyone can play fast with some practice.
Just make sure you use all the GMC resources like video chat, REC program, collaborations and ask as many questions as you wish in the forum.

See you round,
Bogdan
Daniel Realpe
Best regards!

Welcome to GMC!
Gitarrero
Herzlich Willkommen Andreas!
As I said in the chat yesterday, GMC took my playing (especially my picking) to another level, it just takes ptactice. Bogdan is right, when you use all of GMCs resources, especially Rec takes, you'll get better real soon.
By the way, your english is pretty good, so no worries about that wink.gif
Viele Grüße und bis bald
Christian
Jerry Arcidiacono
Hi Andreas smile.gif Welcome to GMC.
Hope you'll find your way here. Speed comes from hours & hours of practice. Be patient wink.gif
Ben Higgins
Willkommen Andreas !

You've come to the right place smile.gif Your English is fine.. much better than my German ! laugh.gif

Also, as the other guys have said.. anybody can develop speed. However, there are much more important things to work on before that as well and GMC will help you in all these aspects.

Ben
Chris Evans
Welcome to GMC!

its a great place for motivation and just to chill out too smile.gif
Vaidya
Hi man
Welcome to GMC smile.gif
del-4fr53e3
Welcome smile.gif
rocko
What a hearty welcome...Thank you for your encouragement!

I'm looking forward to my upcoming guitar-journey smile.gif

Best Regards
Andreas

ps.: Within the next days I'll record a video with some exercises and put it in the according thread to show up my level
Fran
Welcome Andreas smile.gif

As you said, GMC provides tons of motivation to improve, stick to the boards, as lots of great things take place here.
Check the REC program, it might interest you cool.gif
Nielzsz
welcome to GMC man!
Justin Myrick
Welcome Andreas. If you need any help finding things on the site or have any questions please feel free to email me or personal message me. [email protected]

Cheers
Zsolt Galambos
Welcome to the site, man! smile.gif
dark dude
Hey Andreas, welcome!

I know what that frustration linked to not being able to play fast enough feels like, completely get you there man. Just take it slowly and try to forget about speed, otherwise the frustration will build. Speed will come with accuracy, be patient smile.gif

Hope you find what you want here.
Ivan Milenkovic
Welcome to the site man! smile.gif Glad to have you onboard. I can feel that you have been a bit discouraged by not finding to correct source. I hope you can renew that motivation here with proper guidance. If you have any questions for all here, please don't hesitate to ask. We are all learning here as well! smile.gif
Todd Simpson
Welcome to GMC! I'm Todd and I do a Video Chat Lesson every Satuday @ 22:00 GMT. Try to make it if you can wink.gif You are going to love it here! This really is Guitar Heaven smile.gif

Welcome!
Todd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.