Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lick Of The Day V2 - Live!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Kristofer Dahl
Finally I have the honor to present our new lick of the day page!

Today's lick features an awesome lick by Stephane using the minor add 6th pentatonic scale in a Robben Ford kind of style.

Those of you who are comfortable with the pentatonic scale should definitely try this one, as it's just a matter of changing one note to get a fresh, modern sound!

If you have an active GMC membership you can access the lick of the day archive here.

(it currently only contains my old licks - we will be adding the new licks as well)

Stay tuned as we have a lot of cool blues licks for you. We will then move on to other music styles!

Happy licking!
Bogdan Radovic
Wow! This looks great and I like the huge player! smile.gif))

Very refreshing and cool upgrade.

I recommend learning those licks every day to broaden your improvising/phrasing repertoire!
playaxeman
Very cool feature

I like the big form.

.....but where is the scale generator how can I get it?
Blister
I haven't been looking at the "Lick of the Day" page. I will now. Great new look. Thanks for the update.

Gary
thefireball
QUOTE (playaxeman @ Mar 1 2011, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very cool feature

I like the big form.

.....but where is the scale generator how can I get it?

Scale Generator
Here's this for now. tongue.gif
Stephane Lucarelli
That's very cool, this new version is a great improvementl
Can't wait for the other music style!
Kristofer Dahl
Awesome to hear that you like the new licks!

We didn't really know where to put the scale generator so we have it on the frontpage:
http://pic.thefarm.se/kristofer/20110302091729/

Or it can be accessed through the search:
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/scale/?

If we had a "tool" section it would have it's given place there.
Ivan Milenkovic
Awesome improvement. Can't wait to see more licks. I like the "like" option for Facebook smile.gif
playaxeman
QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 2 2011, 04:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scale Generator
Here's this for now. tongue.gif

Thank you very much smile.gif
Bear Rose
I really love the new LOTD! The old was one great but this one is above and beyond awesome!
pfunkallstar
Love the new licks of the day! I especially love that you've started with the blues. I remember reading some great advice here in the forum that we, I, whoever, should just learn each new lick as we go, and that's exactly what I am now doing. The problem is that I missed a couple of the early ones, and I remember there being one in particular that I really dug, so I'm wondering if I can view the last weeks worth of licks somehow, is that possible? Or will it be some time before the new archive is active?
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (pfunkallstar @ Mar 6 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love the new licks of the day! I especially love that you've started with the blues. I remember reading some great advice here in the forum that we, I, whoever, should just learn each new lick as we go, and that's exactly what I am now doing. The problem is that I missed a couple of the early ones, and I remember there being one in particular that I really dug, so I'm wondering if I can view the last weeks worth of licks somehow, is that possible? Or will it be some time before the new archive is active?

You can now! (here)

We'll be adding thumbnail photos so you can easier see which lick features which instructors.
pfunkallstar
Gravy, thanks a ton.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.