Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metallica "for Whom" Cover
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Uploads
Keep_Rocking
Hi everybody
I've been tweaking on my POD HD500 to find a Metallica tone (for riffs).
It could be so much better, but I think it's convincing enough to record a Metallica cover.
Hope you like, your comments will be appreciated.
Keep Rocking!

Laszlo Boross
Sounds great really! Very good cover, nice and accurate playing. I usually use a bit more high, but I like this as well! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Sounds cool man. I think you need more tighter distortion and a bit more scooped mids, but it's great sounding hi-gain preset.
Azzaboi
Love the song choice, great playing, rock on!
Ben Higgins
Love your version... nice touch with the guitar playing the vocal melodies cool.gif Great tone too... it sounds more like their current live tone. I think the only way anyone could get close to their RTL sound is a Marshall stack with a distortion pedal in front and tracking the rhythm 3 times. However, I think your lead tone is much nicer than Kirk's. smile.gif
zen
* headbanging * \m/ .. Love it
Keep_Rocking
I really appreciate your comments guys!
I'll try your suggestions about the rhythm tone. I'll add more drive, more mids, etc., and I'll track the rhythm part twice. If I achieve good results I'll post here again. wink.gif

Thanks.

Bogdan Radovic
Very good cover. Tone is pretty similar to the original. Try to make it a bit more tight and scooped.
Vocal melody played as a solo sounds great.
Michael AC
QUOTE (Keep_Rocking @ Apr 29 2011, 11:52 AM) *
I really appreciate your comments guys!
I'll try your suggestions about the rhythm tone. I'll add more drive, more mids, etc., and I'll track the rhythm part twice. If I achieve good results I'll post here again. wink.gif

Thanks.

Would you mind posting your present for download?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.