Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Traveling Distance
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Kristofer Dahl
When we develop new solos there are many factors to take into consideration. First check out Denes' new lesson, "Three Fret Solo - SRV Style", and then post a reply to today's topic.

When you develop your solos, how many frets do you typically cover? Do you tend to stay within a couple? Why? What works best for you?
Gabriel Leopardi
I don't really think in frets when I compose a solo, I only think in sounds. However the topic of this lesson is really cool, you can't imagine how many awesome solos you can compose with only a few notes.
Ivan Milenkovic
I noticed that I'm covering the fretboard depending of the mood. If I'm in the good mood, I'll give an audience a bit of a show, and stretching to a whole fretboard. if I'm in the neutral mood on the gig, I can work on 1 or 2 positions. This would be similar to "neutral" on the car, just preventing from standing in place biggrin.gif
Todd Simpson
Great question. I tend to run frets during builds and focus in during other bits. It all depends on the context of course, but I do enjoy a nice run that goes from low frets to hight frets smile.gif

Todd
Daniel Realpe
nowadays I like to think in terms of chords and then just fill the gaps between the notes of the chords.

But yeah, when I play mostly bluesy stuff it's great to visualize the neck in square shapes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.