Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A New Song Idea
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Uploads
quadrium
Hey guys,

Here is a new song idea of mine. I only recorded a guitar for to have a rough idea what will be the song looks like when it's done. Also any help would be appreciated. Intro is a riff that lasts 8 bars. After 4th bar drums will join. Then a bridge comes and leads us to verse 1. Rest of the structure is:
Bridge - Verse 2 - Bridge - Chorus - Bridge - Verse 3 - Bridge(Verse riff) - Chorus - Bridge - Solo Rhythm Part(Chorus riff) Maybe i add a 4th verse according to lyrics - Outro(Bridge Riff) Some of the riffs are recorded sloppy smile.gif I will make a rerecording soon. Hope you like it and waiting for your opinions also smile.gif

Dogukan,
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mate!

it sounds pretty promising - but until the rhythmic section will be added, things can get a little bit confusing.

My suggestion would be to try and upload a version which has drums - regardless how simplistic it would be until you start arranging, but it would give everyone a much more clearer idea regarding the rhythmic structure.

Let me know when you have it ready and we can take it from there smile.gif

best of inspiration!

Cosmin
quadrium
Sure smile.gif Thanks Cosmin smile.gif

Dogukan,

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 6 2011, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey mate!

it sounds pretty promising - but until the rhythmic section will be added, things can get a little bit confusing.

My suggestion would be to try and upload a version which has drums - regardless how simplistic it would be until you start arranging, but it would give everyone a much more clearer idea regarding the rhythmic structure.

Let me know when you have it ready and we can take it from there smile.gif

best of inspiration!

Cosmin

thefireball
Great work here!
quadrium
QUOTE (thefireball @ May 6 2011, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great work here!

Thanks man! smile.gif
Todd Simpson
Congrats on prolific writing! The more the better. You gotta write a TON of guitar parts before you get to the ones that you end up keeping in songs. Sounds like you are getting some great practice at arranging which is also good! It is a bit hard to tell what's going on without the drums but that's the same problem we are having in the Quadrium Project.

Give a listen to the posts by TTyler on this same board. I'm really impressed with how he puts the drums together and he is getting really good guitar tones as well.
quadrium
Thanks Todd. I am trying to create a drum track now. Hope it will finish soon smile.gif

Dogukan,
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (quadrium @ May 8 2011, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Todd. I am trying to create a drum track now. Hope it will finish soon smile.gif

Dogukan,

Great! Let me know when it's done biggrin.gif
quadrium
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 8 2011, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great! Let me know when it's done biggrin.gif

Sure! smile.gif
quadrium
Hey guys,

I have a humble request from you smile.gif I have been trying to make drums for this song idea of mine but i couldn't be able to do it. Since i am new to this drum programming i just couldn't sync the drums and interprete the idea in my head properly. Can anyone be able to help me about making drums for this song? I'd be appreciated if somebody helps me and tells me how to do it for my future songs smile.gif

Thanks,
Dogukan.
quadrium
Hey guys,

This is the new version of this song. Drums programmed by Cosmin Lupu. Thank you very much Cosmin smile.gif smile.gif Hope you like it and waiting your comments smile.gif

PS: Do you think my guitar's tone sounds too muddy? If so, can it fixed in the mix or do i need to re-record? I've used slightly changed *A minor sweeps* preset in POD Farm. (I like the tone of it biggrin.gif biggrin.gif )

Dogukan,
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 18 2011, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys,

This is the new version of this song. Drums programmed by Cosmin Lupu. Thank you very much Cosmin smile.gif smile.gif Hope you like it and waiting your comments smile.gif

PS: Do you think my guitar's tone sounds too muddy? If so, can it fixed in the mix or do i need to re-record? I've used slightly changed *A minor sweeps* preset in POD Farm. (I like the tone of it biggrin.gif biggrin.gif )

Dogukan,

Coming along nicely! Keep at it! The drums really make it work!

COSMIN: KILLER DRUMS DUDE! Would you be up for doing some drums on our next QUADRIUM song? Also can you tell us how you created your drums tracks step by step so everyone can get some tips?

QUADRIUM: About your drum programming, what are you using for drums and what is your process like?
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mates! I just came in from the studio and my head is full of breakdowns - I am currently recording Stripsearch's new EP and trust me it's gonna be a rhythm encyclopedia smile.gif) my brain is twisting already tongue.gif

It would be my absolute pleasure to assist you guys and provide GMC with accurate drum writing advices ! Just let me recover a little tongue.gif
quadrium
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 18 2011, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Coming along nicely! Keep at it! The drums really make it work!

COSMIN: KILLER DRUMS DUDE! Would you be up for doing some drums on our next QUADRIUM song? Also can you tell us how you created your drums tracks step by step so everyone can get some tips?

QUADRIUM: About your drum programming, what are you using for drums and what is your process like?

Thanks Todd smile.gif I'm not really using anything regarding drum programming. I'm trying to learn it now. Cosmin made the drums and i just drag 'em into REAPER and recorded my song over it smile.gif
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 18 2011, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey mates! I just came in from the studio and my head is full of breakdowns - I am currently recording Stripsearch's new EP and trust me it's gonna be a rhythm encyclopedia smile.gif) my brain is twisting already tongue.gif

It would be my absolute pleasure to assist you guys and provide GMC with accurate drum writing advices ! Just let me recover a little tongue.gif

Congrats on your new EP! smile.gif Thrilled to hear you are up for a bit more drum madness! Let us know when you guys release your new songs so we can check them out !

Todd
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 20 2011, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats on your new EP! smile.gif Thrilled to hear you are up for a bit more drum madness! Let us know when you guys release your new songs so we can check them out !

Todd

hey Todd! Well, after a few days of recording it seems that we're going to have a full length 12 song album biggrin.gif my, my, my...I'm so excited biggrin.gif of course, soon enough, I'll post stuff in here so you guys can check it out (including videos tongue.gif)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.