Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cosmin's Video Chat Lesson Notes
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > INSTRUCTORS > Cosmin Lupu
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Cosmin Lupu
Hey guys!

What do you say if this Thursday we should discuss a little about re-orchestrating songs? I like the idea of transforming a song in a totally different thing - not only because you get to learn that song but also because you get to exercise your compositional and orchestrating skills, which I think that are very important smile.gif I have prepared something nice for you (it's a surprise) but for now, I can tell you that it has interesting chords, hybrid picking and a little country solo at the end tongue.gif

...so WHO'S with me??? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Qenzoz
I am biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Jun 6 2011, 02:49 PM) *
I am biggrin.gif tongue.gif

biggrin.gif great! I'm looking forward to it!
dark dude
Sounds good!
quadrium
Sounds awesome! I'm also in smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 6 2011, 04:32 PM) *
Sounds awesome! I'm also in smile.gif

Dogukan smile.gif how's it going with installing the software?
quadrium
Still getting errors sad.gif I will reinstall and try it again.
K1R
I love this idea smile.gif I'm with you!
Cosmin Lupu
Let's build an army then ! biggrin.gif
Maris
This sounds interesting ! I hope not to forget about the chat, so count me in.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Maris @ Jun 6 2011, 07:33 PM) *
This sounds interesting ! I hope not to forget about the chat, so count me in.

I'll remind you biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hey guys!

I will be waiting for you in the chat room this evening tongue.gif stay tuned for interesting info along the day wink.gif
velci
I'll be there too
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (velci @ Jun 9 2011, 08:08 AM) *
I'll be there too

Awesome! smile.gif
Gitarrero
I'll be there! I better start tuning down my guitar to drop C now wink.gif

Christian
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 9 2011, 08:28 AM) *
I'll be there! I better start tuning down my guitar to drop C now wink.gif

Christian

I'll bring both axes smile.gif the E standard tuned and the C tuned one biggrin.gif so that I can be able to discuss with people that don't have the possibility to down tune.
Gitarrero
Damn, I missed the chat...I can't tell you why, otherwise Ben will make me do unspeakable things ph34r.gif

Christian
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 9 2011, 09:20 PM) *
Damn, I missed the chat...I can't tell you why, otherwise Ben will make me do unspeakable things ph34r.gif

Christian

smile.gif well, next Thursday. I'll be in the same place biggrin.gif and hopefully you'll be there as well wink.gif tongue.gif
Amir Razmara
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 6 2011, 02:43 PM) *
hybrid picking Song
Hey guys!

What do you say if this Thursday we should discuss a little about re-orchestrating songs? I like the idea of transforming a song in a totally different thing - not only because you get to learn that song but also because you get to exercise your compositional and orchestrating skills, which I think that are very important smile.gif I have prepared something nice for you (it's a surprise) but for now, I can tell you that it has interesting chords, hybrid picking and a little country solo at the end tongue.gif

Cosmin Let me know where I can look for the guitar pro arrangement of this song. biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Amir Razmara @ Jun 10 2011, 06:11 PM) *
Cosmin Let me know where I can look for the guitar pro arrangement of this song. biggrin.gif

Hey Amir! I'll post it tomorrow tongue.gif in this thread here biggrin.gif let me know if you need any help with it after it's posted wink.gif

cheerios!

Cosmin
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mates! here's the GP file containing the re-orchestration of Mr. Marley's nice tune 'No woman, no cry' I'm here for your questions and on Thursday we'll talk a little about it again so that everything is clear smile.gif wink.gif have fun!

Cosmin Lupu
Hey guys!

Are you ready for this Thursday's topic? Since I figured out that many of you would like to hone their improvisation skills, I am going to dedicate this video chat session to IMPROVISING - Where do we start from, in order to work our way up in learning how to easily express ourselves with the aid of our instrument - the almighty guitar! smile.gif

Let's have a blast!! biggrin.gif

Cosmin Lupu
Here's the Hybrid picking variations we discussed about smile.gif

enjoy mates and don't forget

- use the pick on the B string and your middle finger on the high e string wink.gif
- slow tempo first, makes your practice perfect
- don't let the notes ring too much otherwise they'll become muddy smile.gif try to be clean and a little percussive wink.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Mates smile.gif I'm happy to announce that we'll be having a surprise guest on today's video chat session smile.gif hope you'll enjoy it wink.gif
dark dude
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 16 2011, 04:06 PM) *
Mates smile.gif I'm happy to announce that we'll be having a surprise guest on today's video chat session smile.gif hope you'll enjoy it wink.gif

ohmy.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hi GMC!

Here's the Dorian backing track from Thursday's video chat session smile.gif have fun with it, I'll post some licks a little later on! In the mean time, have a go with my new lesson - 'Common Notes' it is a good reference for your lick building in the Dorian and Blues modes and also for targeting certain desired notes.

Cosmin Lupu
Alright mates! Let's get down and dirty this Thursday with some riffing smile.gif we're going to chit chat over some riffs and rhythmic variations in drop C, which I used in the fresh Stripsearch recordings we're doing these days.

I'll provide drum tracks as well so you can go crazy over them tongue.gif so what else can I say: See you guys on Thursday - same time same place! wink.gif

Cosmin Lupu
Hey guys! Thank you for a wonderful time in the videochat tonight! Here are the promised materials:

- Drum groove 1
- Drum groove 2
- Stripsearch - 'Unlike you' Drums and guitar
- Stripsearch - 'Unlike you' Drums
- Stripsearch - Unlike you LIVE Version which has the riff smile.gif

I'll also upload the GP containing the lick played over the riff

Please use the thread called 'Working with drums' to upload anything drum related or ask any drum related question

Looking forward to your questions guys!
Cosmin Lupu
here's the short Stripsearch Lick we've been discussing around last time smile.gif

Cosmin Lupu
Ladies and gents! This Thursday I'll be waiting for you at 8 PM London Time for a session on Pentatonic phrasing/ licks! We'll incorporate country style bends and quirky vibrato as well tongue.gif so see you on Thursday for another episode of Cosmin TV!!
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mates! This Thursday's video chat will be dedicated to riffing - open discussion on various examples! I'm waiting for you all for a delightful late evening chit chat with the guitar in our hands!

Who's in!?

biggrin.gif
MonkeyDAthos
Sounds cool, i will try! might arrive a bit little
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 4 2011, 04:42 PM) *
Sounds cool, i will try! might arrive a bit little

Hehe, looking forward to it smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
My friends! This Thursday I'm planning on talking about how you can nicely end a groove by working with your guitar over drum fills. Being able to play nice and tight with the drum track is a very important trait! Can't wait to see you guys and share the ideas I'm having smile.gif We'll learn how to divide bars and build phrases using these rhythm elements!

Who's with me? biggrin.gif
Cosmin Lupu
smile.gif this Thursday - soloing is on the menu, but garnished with chords biggrin.gif

We'll discuss a little about how to implement chord structures in your solos, that will provide a very nice flavor and consistency wink.gif

Hope to see as many as you guys over, this Thursday at 8 Pm London time, as usual biggrin.gif

Here are the tracks from last Tursday - experiment with them remembering what we discussed:

- phrase using the drum elements: rhythmically and in respect to the drum element pitch (high pitched notes for high pitched drum elements and the same for the low ones)
- I have provided a slow tempo version (95 Bpm) and a faster one (120 Bpm)

Have fun and if there are any questions, shoot out smile.gif I'd love to help you out wink.gif

https://rapidshare.com/files/2621781032/New...ZIP_archive.zip
DreamForge
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 6 2011, 02:43 PM) *
Hey guys!

damn i hate when i missed your lessons and it was a month ago sad.gif... i having really hard times about this topic can we return in the future video chats to this topic? (im really starting to think clear my thursday night smile.gif)

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 18 2011, 11:11 AM) *
smile.gif this Thursday - soloing is on the menu, but garnished with chords biggrin.gif

We'll discuss a little about how to implement chord structures in your solos, that will provide a very nice flavor and consistency wink.gif

Hope to see as many as you guys over, this Thursday at 8 Pm London time, as usual biggrin.gif

Here are the tracks from last Tursday - experiment with them remembering what we discussed:

- phrase using the drum elements: rhythmically and in respect to the drum element pitch (high pitched notes for high pitched drum elements and the same for the low ones)

Have fun and if there are any questions, shoot out smile.gif I'd love to help you out wink.gif

and this topic sound very interesting if there is no a big trobule i will be there at thursday smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (DreamForge @ Jul 19 2011, 02:00 PM) *
damn i hate when i missed your lessons and it was a month ago sad.gif... i having really hard times about this topic can we return in the future video chats to this topic? (im really starting to think clear my thursday night smile.gif)

and this topic sound very interesting if there is no a big trobule i will be there at thursday smile.gif

Hey mate, looking forward to have you with us tomorrow smile.gif regarding the re-orchestration based v-chats, you gave me a good suggestion for next week, so be here next Thursday as well! biggrin.gif see you!
DreamForge
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 20 2011, 01:49 PM) *
Hey mate, looking forward to have you with us tomorrow smile.gif regarding the re-orchestration based v-chats, you gave me a good suggestion for next week, so be here next Thursday as well! biggrin.gif see you!

im afraid that GMC forum doesnt have "like" button as Facebook smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (DreamForge @ Jul 20 2011, 04:10 PM) *
im afraid that GMC forum doesnt have "like" button as Facebook smile.gif

Your presence at the v-chat means 'Like' for me biggrin.gif
JaxN4
Hey Mate, I made it this far (230am) but Im wiped, vid chat sounds great too, shames. Have a good one and Ill try n meet up sometime soon, Cheers! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 18 2011, 11:11 AM) *

Cosmin Lupu
Mate, I'm sorry you can't make it but I'd feel guilty knowing that you stood awake smile.gif but happy in the same time tongue.gif cheerios!

If you're curious, you can download the GP file these days when I'll post it - it has the stuff which we discussed about and some explanations so you can use it wink.gif

QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jul 21 2011, 04:56 PM) *
Hey Mate, I made it this far (230am) but Im wiped, vid chat sounds great too, shames. Have a good one and Ill try n meet up sometime soon, Cheers! tongue.gif

Cosmin Lupu
hey guys! here are the two GP files as promised on last Thursday's v-chat session smile.gif

The exercises regarding CM7 voicings and indication to your little homework on deducing voicings for Cm7 and C7 wink.gif and also the part of the solo I was talking about where I implemented those chords, and also some explanation so that you may remember how they were obtained.

Let me know if there's anything unclear or you need more info!

MonkeyDAthos
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 25 2011, 05:46 PM) *
hey guys! here are the two GP files as promised on last Thursday's v-chat session smile.gif

The exercises regarding CM7 voicings and indication to your little homework on deducing voicings for Cm7 and C7 wink.gif and also the part of the solo I was talking about where I implemented those chords, and also some explanation so that you may remember how they were obtained.

Let me know if there's anything unclear or you need more info!

tyvm
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 25 2011, 08:45 PM) *
tyvm

My pleasure smile.gif

Ok guys smile.gif I thought that we could talk about building some melodies over particular chord types at this Thursday's session smile.gif what do you say?
Cosmin Lupu
Hey guys!

As we discussed last Thursday, our next v-chat edition will bring us up close and personal with some funky grooves and elements AND biggrin.gif a SPECIAL GUEST - this time, it's a.......DRUMMER wink.gif

See you on Thursday biggrin.gif

PS: I'll upload the GP file with the modal licks tomorrow morning so you can have fun with it wink.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hey guys! Here's the GP file with the licks we discussed about last Thursday - enjoy and ask me anything if trouble arises smile.gif

See you tomorrow evening!

Cosmin Lupu
Mates, tomorrow at 2 PM London time, I'll be waiting for y'all in the chat room at the re-scheduled v-chat session from last Thursday. The funky grooves and the special guest stay on the menu biggrin.gif wink.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Thursday is almost here and the next v-chat session along with it! I was thinking about bringing in some more modal licks smile.gif so I'll be waiting for you as usual, Thursday at 8 PM wink.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hey GMC! This thursday on the v-chat: creative thinking and writing in metal music and a special guest - my very best friend, awesome guitarist and bandmate in Aria biggrin.gif he will help me perform the stuff creative metal is all about tongue.gif See you at 8 PM London time!
Cosmin Lupu
Hey everyone! Here's the guitar pro file containing the licks we discussed on last Thursday!

Let's revise a little:

1) The first two licks were based on the bluegrass scale which had the following formula: 1 2 b3 3 5 6. It actually is the major Pentatonic scale with a added b3 degree.

It goes very well over dominant chords and in our case we can perform the licks in the file over the C7 chord (C E G Bb)

At the ending of the second lick you should hold down the C and G notes and bend the B note while holding these two, in order to obtain that pedal steel effect biggrin.gif

2) Lick number three is based on a combination of D mixolydian and D minor pentatonic notes (a scale obtained by combining the notes from two other scales is also known as a hybrid scale)

In our case, the notes making up our hybrid scale are: D E F F# G G# A B C (D mixolydian = D E F# G A B C/ D minor pentatonic = D F G G# A C D) there we go wink.gif

Now pay attention to the bends executed while holding down other notes which will give you the pedal steel effect and at the end the little conclusive phrase in the last bar, where you have to hold down each note after executing the slides.

You can play this lick over a D7 chord! Good luck and see you tomorrow for some metal biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.