Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Live
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
quadrium
Hey guys,

Here is the second acoustic song i have written. Haven't mixed it yet. If you want to write a solo for the chorus parts (1:57-2:20 and 2:54-3:18), let me know smile.gif I'd be appriciated smile.gif Hope you like it and waiting your comments smile.gif

Cheers,
Dogukan.
K1R
Nice! Love your melodies, Dogukan smile.gif Is it C# minor? I will try record something, but no promises though smile.gif
del-4fr53e3
Quite cool, I like the beginning. Are you still working on it, or is this the finished written unmixed product?
The main theme has a good melody smile.gif
quadrium
QUOTE (K1R @ Jul 9 2011, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice! Love your melodies, Dogukan smile.gif Is it C# minor? I will try record something, but no promises though smile.gif

Thanks man smile.gif Yeah key is C# minor smile.gif

QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Jul 9 2011, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quite cool, I like the beginning. Are you still working on it, or is this the finished written unmixed product?
The main theme has a good melody smile.gif

Thanks a lot smile.gif I kinda finished it, just need a solo for the chorus parts and it's done smile.gif
del-4fr53e3
Cool smile.gif In that case I would take another look at the solo at 0:40 / 1:37. The bends are kinda off, and your classic rock pentatonic thingy doesn't really work in the context of the song, for my ears at least. Also there are parts that are off rythmicly throughout the song, but that's not that big of a deal (sort of fits your whole song-feeling). But unless you really like that solo, I'd give it another shot, because the main melody is quite nice, and to be brutally honest, I don't think the solo is. smile.gif
Also, it would sound less repetative if you actually recorded the things that repeats severeal times, instead of just copying the audio (mainly the repeated solo that I talked about just now).
quadrium
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Jul 9 2011, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool smile.gif In that case I would take another look at the solo at 0:40 / 1:37. The bends are kinda off, and your classic rock pentatonic thingy doesn't really work in the context of the song, for my ears at least. Also there are parts that are off rythmicly throughout the song, but that's not that big of a deal (sort of fits your whole song-feeling). But unless you really like that solo, I'd give it another shot, because the main melody is quite nice, and to be brutally honest, I don't think the solo is. smile.gif
Also, it would sound less repetative if you actually recorded the things that repeats severeal times, instead of just copying the audio (mainly the repeated solo that I talked about just now).

You are right man smile.gif I have been thinking about that solo aswell. I just improvised at that part and honestly i didn't like that much too smile.gif And about copying, it's just for me too see the whole structure. I will re-record all the parts and write a new solo at that part smile.gif Thanks for your comment man smile.gif
Sinisa Cekic
Nicely composed, but one complaint - for rhythm part use an acoustic steel guitar instead of electric , will sound much better smile.gif
Todd Simpson
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jul 11 2011, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nicely composed, but one complaint - for rhythm part use an acoustic steel guitar instead of electric , will sound much better smile.gif

Good idea smile.gif Dokugan do you have an accoustic guitar available? If so, you'd need to mic it if you don't have a pickup in it. It would make production a bit more complicated but would sound very spiff. I'm liking the overall vibe quite bit! Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Todd
quadrium
Thanks Todd and Sinisa smile.gif And yeah i have an electro-acoustic guitar. I will make the recording with that smile.gif Thanks for the advices smile.gif

Dogukan,
Cosmin Lupu
It reminds me of an old 6o's surf song biggrin.gif if you keep the electric strumming, that is - I could try and come up with some drums for ya, but only at some point next week after I return from the Mozart Rocks! gig on Staurday.

Try and record with an acoustic guitar though, it'll change the scenery completely biggrin.gif

cheerios!

PS: don't try to incorporate pentatonic stuff just because you know it, come up with a solo by using the same technique you used for the melodies - just playing what you heard in your head. Only this time, develop it a little smile.gif
quadrium
Thank you for your comments Cosmin, drums would be awesome smile.gif And i will definitely record this with my acoustic guitar after i come up with some new ideas for solo parts smile.gif Glad you liked it smile.gif

Dogukan,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.