Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marek Rojewski - Heavy Picking Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Marek Rojewski
Original lesson: link

Gear: Devil Custom Schecter Guitar + Line6 Toneport GX

Quite hard lesson, anyway it was nice to give it a try smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
You did a good job with this difficult lesson. The thing that I would improve in this one is the strength of your picking. Comparing your tone with the original I noticed that you have much more drive in your tone.. maybe you could set your amp with less distortion for this type of lessons to allow you get the sound from your pick and string... the distortion helps but it sound clearer when you pick with strength every note... check the original lesson to hear what I mean... by the way you did it very good.
Daniel Realpe
very good take! I can tell you took the time to practice it and perfect it to a very good standard,

The last riff has very good timing and more tightness to it. You should try to approach the first part with the same state of mind. The first part feels a little loose timing wise. Also the right hand looks a bit stiff, try a slightly different movement using more wrist maybe.

Ben Higgins
Some good feedback here smile.gif Daniel said the same thing I thought.. that you nailed the second part very well, even better than the first. But hey, that's the challenge of down picking !! biggrin.gif

Cosmin Lupu
Nothing more to add from me, I agree with Ben, Daniel and Gabe! Good work mate - this lesson is difficult!
Kristofer Dahl
Agreed with what the riff masters said+ I have to add that I wouldn't be able to down pick at this speed myself. I certainly know how the right hand tends to cramp up unless you manage to stay 100% relaxed.

Perhaps you just relaxed a little more at the end when you felt the take was soon finished? There is so much psychology that kicks in when you hit the rec button..
skennington
Solid 8 man!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.