Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beatles Vs Stones
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Gabriel Leopardi
hey guys! I think that it will be funny to know which of this classic rock bands do you prefer... just for fun. wink.gif

VS

Gitarrero
Uh, that is hard to decide...In my opionion, the Beatles have nicer melodies, while the Stones have more epic guitar riffs.
Daniel Realpe
Beatles! more well rounded imo
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 30 2011, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh, that is hard to decide...In my opionion, the Beatles have nicer melodies, while the Stones have more epic guitar riffs.

It's a good description! smile.gif
Adrian Figallo
100% beatles, i don't really like the stones that much.
Bogdan Radovic
I'm a huge Beatles fan so there goes my vote. It really amazes me how they perfected their songwriting.
Stones sound a bit too raw to me.
fkalich
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Aug 30 2011, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
100% beatles, i don't really like the stones that much.

I vote for Beatles, however try listening to some older stuff, late 60's, such as from Flowers, Aftermath, Between the Buttons. They have dozens of songs that are kind of obscure now, I think still quite timeless and good. Such as this...

Sinisa Cekic
Beatles fan here smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Beatles are wining at this moment... we are a Beat site!
Adrian Figallo
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 30 2011, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I vote for Beatles, however try listening to some older stuff, late 60's, such as from Flowers, Aftermath, Between the Buttons. They have dozens of songs that are kind of obscure now, I think still quite timeless and good. Such as this...

Ok dude, faith enough, i will give one more chance to the stones, i'm looking to buy an album, which one could i get?
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Aug 31 2011, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok dude, faith enough, i will give one more chance to the stones, i'm looking to buy an album, which one could i get?

I have a 3 cds collection on singles which is amazing. It includes all their first years singles. Exile on main street is also a really good album... I read that it's considered the first grunge album.. it's a weird description but it's a way to describe its feeling...
Ivan Milenkovic
I never really listened to Stones that much. They are awesome of course, and have many many great songs, and recognizable sound. But my vote goes to Beatles and the way they composed. It's just brilliant what these 4 guys did back then.
Davidian

This is one of my favorite songs on the Exile On Main Street album.
I especially love the intro riff! smile.gif
Fran
Stones all the way!
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (Davidian @ Aug 31 2011, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is one of my favorite songs on the Exile On Main Street album.
I especially love the intro riff! smile.gif

yeah, that's a great song & album!
Adrian Figallo
checking.. nice guitar tones smile.gif
rokchik
Hmmmm hard choice.... but for me I have to go with The Stones. I just love 'em. Saw them in concert a few yrs ago and the boys still got it smile.gif The Beatles are great and I'm a huge fan but I love the rawness of The Stones. There is just something about that Tele of Keith's and those riffs. The Beatles maybe a little more well rounded in somes opinions but I think The Stones keep up with them pretty well. They have some very diverse music and I think lyrically just as good as the boys from Liverpool.

As for favourites I have way way to many. Obviously stuff like Sympathy for the Devil, Painted Black, Start Me Up, Angie, Under My Thumb, Tumblin' Dice, etc all get a vote but here are a couple more I like

Dead Flowers is a must to play at any party for me smile.gif

The Last Time

It's all over now... another party must for me smile.gif

Blister
I made sure to buy all the vinyl lp's of the Beatles before they stopped making them in the 80's & have most all of their cd's. I don't own any Stones, but I do like them. But I would most definitely say BEATLES!!!! smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (rokchik @ Sep 1 2011, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmmm hard choice.... but for me I have to go with The Stones. I just love 'em. Saw them in concert a few yrs ago and the boys still got it smile.gif The Beatles are great and I'm a huge fan but I love the rawness of The Stones. There is just something about that Tele of Keith's and those riffs. The Beatles maybe a little more well rounded in somes opinions but I think The Stones keep up with them pretty well. They have some very diverse music and I think lyrically just as good as the boys from Liverpool.

As for favourites I have way way to many. Obviously stuff like Sympathy for the Devil, Painted Black, Start Me Up, Angie, Under My Thumb, Tumblin' Dice, etc all get a vote but here are a couple more I like

Dead Flowers is a must to play at any party for me smile.gif

The Last Time

It's all over now... another party must for me smile.gif

Rok! You're back! biggrin.gif Those are really rocker songs! Both bands are so different. I started this thread but I sincerely can't choose only one... tongue.gif
rokchik
Ahh you know me Gabriel, I can't stay away for long smile.gif Vacation was pretty good... and much needed. Good to be back though.

I like both bands as well but you know me, I just love my rock a bit more crunchy and not so clean cut for lack of a better description. But really I say lets just enjoy them both as it will be a very long time before we see the likes of these bands again.
fkalich
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Ag 30 2011, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would just listen to youtube and see what you like, they have quite a few nominations. MickieM looks like he could give some good advice. Though he did not mention Sweet Virginia, I love that song.

If I were a talented young guy like you, I would really search for stuff that probably most around you are unaware of. Think of Green Day. Of all their good songs in the past, I could point to an old, often 60's song, that was the influence. You find something on youtube, and then look at the list of related songs, and you can uncover some obscure gems.

El Fortinero
as concernig "music / composing / interpretation" : the beatles

as concerning "rock actitude" or "star actitude": The Rolling Stones

put my vote on the Stones they will need it smile.gif
MonkeyDAthos
to be honest i am not a fan of Beatles...neither of Stones
Gabriel Leopardi
QUOTE (rokchik @ Sep 2 2011, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahh you know me Gabriel, I can't stay away for long smile.gif Vacation was pretty good... and much needed. Good to be back though.

I like both bands as well but you know me, I just love my rock a bit more crunchy and not so clean cut for lack of a better description. But really I say lets just enjoy them both as it will be a very long time before we see the likes of these bands again.

hahah yeahh... I need some vacations! laugh.gif my last vacation became a Cirse's tour so it's been a long time since I didn't have some real vacations!
Stephane Lucarelli
The Beatles for me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.